TTC after 35

TTCA35 Check-in Week of 10/7/18 (Belated)

Taking a stab at one of these...
Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Any furbabies in your household? 

Re: TTCA35 Check-in Week of 10/7/18 (Belated)

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD13

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatals, CoQ10, fish oil, and hubby and I have an appointment with an RE scheduled for next week.

Rants/Raves: In addition to the TTC stuff, I had an appointment with my gyn this morning due to lumps in my breasts. Probably just cysts but she thinks it's best to be cautious while TTC, so I now have a lab order for an ultrasound and maybe mammogram (she said to let the imaging place decide on the mammogram). Need to get that set up. Wheeee.

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Any furbabies in your household? 
    We have a Boxer mix! She's 8 years old and increasingly lazy. Her favorite thing is to lie in the sunshine in front of our storm door (or out on the front patio) and watch what I call her "prarie dog TV"--there's a whole colony in an empty field across the street from our front door.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  we are benched due to hip replacement surgery in less than 2 weeks but he said we can try when I’m healed 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): I’m in FW so we need to be cautious 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatals 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Any furbabies in your household? We have a Boston terrier and two cats. 

a@amandahwrites  hopefully it’s nothing.  I had to have a biopsy last October and it was nothing.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mack2342 Thanks! Yeah, I'm optimistic it's not anything to worry about. Dr. Google says when the lumps are moveable they're most likely cysts, and my doctor agreed they seem moveable. I have one maternal aunt with breast cancer, but neither my mom (still living) nor either of my grandmothers (deceased) had BC, so there's not much in my family history to make me concerned.

As of this morning, FF now thinks I *might* have ovulated on Monday. I never had a positive OPK but I didn't start testing till late on Sunday since I didn't have much CM. So it's possible I missed my surge late on Saturday or Sunday morning. Then again, I also had scant amounts of EWCM Tues and yesterday, hence (more of) the confusion.

Monday OV would be OK with me b/c our timing would've been *excellent.* Since then, not as great. Guess we'll try to keep on with at least every other day BD till my temperature patterns are clearer.
  • @amandahwrites thanks for doing this since it's been awhile!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): in post-FET process, waiting for BFP confirmation via ultrasound on 10/18

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): I have lost track. I'm 20 days post-5dt though

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatal, vitamin D, estrace, PIO injections, baby aspirin

Rants/Raves: the waiting is killing me but this is the farthest I've gotten, so hanging on to some hope there

Questions for the group: none right now

GTKY:  Any furbabies in your household? nope, we travel a lot and I would feel kind of guilty leaving so much with a pet at home. So we just love on others' pets when we're with them!

@amandahwrites I had a cyst on my breast when I was 17 which they removed and biopsied and everything was fine but best to check it out. I hope all goes well!

@mack2342 did they give you an estimate of how long the healing process will be before you can start TTC again? Hope all goes smoothly.
  • @Momifbysea 6 weeks after surgery so not terrible.   I’m very optimistic for you!  I’m assuming blood work is headed in right direction.  FX for good news on the 18th!  It’s not that far away but I’m sure it feels like eternity 

@amandahwrites so annoying when OPKs and our bodies don’t cooperate! 
  • @mack2342 yes, bloodwork hcg doubled as it needed to, so this will show us for sure if anything is happening in there, that it's not ectopic, etc. I agree, 6 weeks isn't bad in the scheme of things for you. Although I'm sure it must feel like longer, much like this wait does for me. Funny how if we were on a vacation this time would fly by so quickly!
  • @Momifbysea the wait to that first ultrasound was the worst!! I knew that a heartbeat in the normal range at 6-7 weeks meant my miscarriage chances would go down to 3%, so it really felt like the last big hurdle before I could be completely happy. (Although then it was “once I’m past the first trimester”, then “once I’m past viability”....) it never ends, hang in there! 

@amandahwrites i have had a cyst in my breast for over a decade and they periodically do an ultrasound “just to make sure” things are still fine. (AKA - you’re getting old) 

Not much news for us this month. We completely missed ovulation because I was super sick and my husband couldn’t help with any house/kid duties because he just had surgery on a foot injury. So I had zero interest in anything other than sleep. I have no idea how single parents do it! 

I did get my AMH retested and it was 3.2, which my OB said was great and meant I could start on a lower dose of femara next month (I think 2.5mg). Looking forward to the extra TTC help, but also feeling like it will really put the pressure on again and a bit worried about that. I really liked the OB I saw, he was kind, but also made it clear that even with the meds our chances at my age weren’t stellar and to be thinking about what we want to do if it doesn’t work. He and his wife had fertility issues too, so I feel like he “gets” it better than other providers. 

GTKY: we have one fur baby, a cat. She’s literally ‘a cat’ - just does cat things, occasionally wants attention, but usually stays to herself. We had another cat who had a huge and awesome personality, but he died suddenly earlier this year. As sad as that was I am kind of glad we just have the one cat now who doesn’t require a lot of attention. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @poemasque It's comforting to know you understand as you've been there. My anxiety is through the roof these days and I feel like I'm constantly meditating, doing deep breathing, etc to try and cope. I'm just scared of having this taken away from me and I am very guarded about celebrating anything, it doesn't feel real and I realize all my symptoms could very well be responses to the meds I'm on. At least with doing the nightly injection it feels like we are actively doing something to keep the dream alive while we wait so to speak. But yeah, anxious is the rule around here right now. Going to try and go distract myself now! How are you doing? That's great news on your AMH. I liked Femara (not that I had success that way) but because I didn't really have any noticeable side effects on it like I've heard about Clomid. So is your plan to give this a try or multiple tries? I'm glad you found an OB who gets it, that's huge right there!
  • @Momifbysea You have been through so much, I think it’s only natural to be super anxious right now. I kept telling myself “as of this moment right now, you are pregnant!” And then I kept peeing on sticks hahaha. Do you have a fetal Doppler? I got one at 8 weeks and was able to - in the morning before the bloat - find a heartbeat with that. It took me 30mins to find it sometimes, but it helped so much with the anxiety for me. I realize it might be anxiety producing for some people though (I’m trained in how to use one too, so that helped). 

We are planning to try with femara and TI for the next year (or however long we are allowed to use it), then move to gonadotropin injections and IUI if that doesn’t work, but that’s as far as we will go. I used Clomid for one cycle before we did IVF and didn’t have bad side effects other than super painful ovulation (like doubled over and crying pain) for one day, but the side effects can change each cycle, so the OB really pushed for femara which I was fine with.
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @poemasque I think I read this on the package insert for Femara but I do remember for sure that it was 6 months maximum use if that helps you planning wise. I wish you the best! I don't have a doppler and I think since I'm not trained in it it would probably cause me more anxiety! I'll leave it to you professionals. ;-) As for symptoms, I woke up with a new level of nausea so feel a little better as weird as that sounds. It's like I don't want super bad symptoms but just enough where I don't think it could just be side effects of drugs.
  • amandahwritesamandahwrites member
    edited October 2018
    @Momifbysea @Mack2342 @PoeMasque thank you for the commiseration/support!

@Momifbysea glad you're doing your best to stay relaxed. Let us know how the U/S goes on Thursday! 

Temp dropped (last Wednesday, I think?) and FF removed the "tentative" ovulation day. I never did get a positive OPK this cycle; just a "less negative" one on Friday where the 2nd line was darker than it had been, but still not as dark as the control. Other fertile signs have all stopped as of Monday. BBTs are going wonky on me again, so no idea if I O'd or not, let alone when. 

Oh well. More data to share with the RE on Thursday, I guess. 

And my bilateral breast u/s and maybe-mammogram is set for Friday.
  • Thanks @amandahwrites! I will keep you posted. I wish I could just fast forward to tomorrow. I'm feeling more reassured since the nausea is kicking my butt over here! But with all the hormones/injections you never really know the cause since they can fool you. In this journey I've learned your mind can really give you phantom symptoms so I am very skeptical until I have proof I guess you could say. Wishing you a good result with your ultrasound Friday. I've been there, done that and hopefully all is well, just good to be as preventive as possible. As for the OPKs, have you ever used the digital ones? Those are the only kind I've used and I liked how there was no need for interpretation, lol, I just looked for either the blinking or solid smileys. :)