2nd Trimester

27 weeks I’m not sure if I’m peeing the bed or if I’m leaking?

hello mamas and mamas to be.
this is my first pregnancy so I’m not sure what to make of this. The past two nights I’ve noticed when I get up to go use the bathroom the bed is wet. My underwear is soaked and so is my pregnancy pillow from having my leg over it. At first I thought I peed the bed and freaked out so I turned the lights on, it wasn’t yellow and it didn’t smell like pee at all. I was still able to use the bathroom to pee right after that but I was still confused. I had an appointment on Monday with my OB and she just told me to keep an eye on it. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I go to the hospital? Baby is moving fine I feel him constantly kicking and I haven’t had any contraction pains. I’m about to enter my 3rd trimester next week so I’m just a little worried.

Re: 27 weeks I’m not sure if I’m peeing the bed or if I’m leaking?

• Does it continue through the day? They can test to see if it is amniotic fluid at your doctor’s office or L&D.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • No i get a little bit on my underwear during the day but nothing like the past two nights. I never had this issue before it all just recently started 
  • Loading the player...
  • If your doctor isn't worried then I wouldn't be either. It could be urine or just normal vaginal discharge. Maybe throw a towel down so you don't have to change the sheets.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • If your leaking alot I'd ask for levels to measured via ultrasound. But first get the fluid tested to see if it's even amniotic and not urine. 
  • I’ll echo getting it checked out to see if it’s urine or amniotic fluid or urine. Amniotic fluid smells like raw chicken. Odd, I know,
    but once my water broke with my first pregnancy, I agreed with that description.