New to The Bump
Options

New here..need advice

Hi all im Ashley Im 32, im new to this whole thing. I am getting married January 19th. We would like to try to start trying to have a baby right after. Since I am on birth control I will know my period will come on January 2nd. I was just wondering if it is okay to stop my birth control after I get that period. Will I have bleeding or spotting after stopping it? Because I am trying to avoid having that during my wedding and Honeymoon and trying to avoid starting a new pack. Or another option i was thinking acter this pack is finished this month maybe i should stop then and for the new few months let my period come natural and get regulated. all the reading im doing seems to say it could take a few months after coming off to be regular again. Just wanted thoughts and opinions from you ladies!Thank you!

Re: New here..need advice

• Options
    Hi all im Ashley Im 32, im new to this whole thing. I am getting married January 19th. We would like to try to start trying to have a baby right after. Since I am on birth control I will know my period will come on January 2nd. I was just wondering if it is okay to stop my birth control after I get that period. Will I have bleeding or spotting after stopping it? Because I am trying to avoid having that during my wedding and Honeymoon and trying to avoid starting a new pack. Or another option i was thinking acter this pack is finished this month maybe i should stop then and for the new few months let my period come natural and get regulated. all the reading im doing seems to say it could take a few months after coming off to be regular again. Just wanted thoughts and opinions from you ladies!Thank you!
    This may be something to talk to your doctor about. Whether you "will have" bleeding or spotting is not anything anyone here can answer for you, unfortunately. Reactions to going off BC can vary a lot from woman to woman. 

According to Dr. Google, most women get a withdrawal bleed that mimics a period post BC 2-4 weeks after going off of it. Your wedding and honeymoon would be smack dab in the middle of that timeframe. 

If you want to get pregnant right away, I would go off after you finish this pack. Some women get pregnant right away, but for some, it takes a few months for their bodies to return to normal post hormonal BC. Also, depending on how serious you are about getting pregnant ASAP (as opposed to just "letting things happen"), you could also use this time post-BC and pre-wedding to start tracking your ovulation so you know when you're fertile and can time sex accordingly. Read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" or check out the Trying to Get Pregnant forum, particularly the Read this First thread, on here for more info on that. 
  • Options
    Thank you for your response!