June 2019 Moms

Favorite Names

Anyone feel like sharing the names they want to use with this LO? Or names they love but can’t talk their partner into using? 

Re: Favorite Names

• Loading the player...
  • @srscott3 our names our crazy similar. We also had Juliet, Amelia, and Marie on our list at one point.

Our sons middle names were William and Willard after their paternal grandfathers. ❤️ We talked about doing Will as a middle name if this one is a boy to tie it to the twins. 
  • We really like Logan for a boy but can’t decide on a middle name. My grandpa (who I adore) is named Marcelino, which is the Spanish version of Marcel, but he goes by Max. So Max or Marcel are middle name possibilities. 

We have no clue on a girl name. It took us forever to decide on DD’s name (Lucy Brielle). H likes Mila, which I also don’t mind but I think there is something better. I really like Indie but can’t talk H into it. 
  • @moralesbaby19, I have a boy named Logan and my youngest is Brielle. I love both of those names. 

DH refuses to discuss names until we know the sex. So I have no clue. 
  • @TJtheGoat DH also dislikes pearl for the same reason. But I am a June baby and thought it would be a pretty middle name. 
  • @spacepiraterunner - yay! Matthias is a family name of ours, too. 
  • @TJtheGoat I adore Ophelia. It's one of my favorites! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @TJtheGoat I too love Ophelia but DH is not on board. 
  • For a girl we are thinking it would be Willa June. If it’s a boy- I’m screwed. We don’t agree on anything.

our dd’s name is Hazel :)
  • We had no issues naming DD... we had a girl name right away. She ended up with two family names, Isabelle (Izzy), dh’s Grandma’s name, and Christie as a middle, my middle name. If this is a boy we are doing Dh’s middle name and we both like the same first name so it would be Lucas (Luke) Joseph. For a girl we both really like Lucy, but can’t decide if it should be just Lucy or have a long form. We both like Luciana. And I was thinking a variation of dh’s middle name, so Luciana Josephine? I’ve been calling the bean Lulu... Luke or Lucy, what will you be?
  • @navyblueladybug I have a Lucy! We also debated between just Lucy or a longer form and decided on just Lucy, because we knew that’s what we’d call her. 
  • My second DS was team green so we had a short list for boy and girl names. I used Patrick on him so my left overs are: Bennett, Connor, and Wesley. 

Girl names: Jane, Lucy, and Clara. And I love them all so much and for different reasons, I don’t know how I’d decide! 

I feel strongly about the middle being a family name, but I don’t really love any of our options. This is a topic my DH never likes to talk about until about 35 wks. Grrrrrr 
  • @JuneBabyH I like having the middle name a family name too and we've used all the names that I like already. My DH also shows zero interest in talking about it until the end :angry:
    TW

• I love using family names. DS has my FIL's first name as his first and my dad's middle name as his middle name. It also happens that DH's middle name is my FIL's name and his brothers name is my dad's middle name. and my brother has the same middle name as my dad. So we already covered ever immediate male relative with DS.

tl;dr if we have a boy we don't have any family names left that I like because everyone has the same names.

If we have a girl the middle name will be Ann, after my mom's middle name. First name is a struggle though, I love Charlotte but DH does not...  

• @meatballs37 LOVE the name Elizabeth. It’s my SIL’s name, my sister’s middle name, and my step mom’s middle name. So many good nicknames too, as you mentioned. Love Birdie!
  • @meatballs37 Love Liza! So good. 

@eleven_ Naming a person is stressful. A little input from DH would be much appreciated 😉 

@runyogamom If your DH won’t go for Charlotte (so classic btw), what about Caroline Ann? 
  • @meatballs37 Love Birdie :love: I didn't know it was a nn for Elizabeth. 
    TW

• eleven_ said:
    @meatballs37 Love Birdie :love: I didn't know it was a nn for Elizabeth. 
    I didn’t either until googling last night 😆 I do sorta love it. 
  • meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited October 2018
    @spacepiraterunner ugh so annoying that people want to nickname you when you gave them your full name. Especially when it holds a negative connotation. 
  • @spacepiraterunner Yes, I like Elizabeth, but I hate Liz as a nn. Too lizardy for me. 
  • @JuneBabyH you're reading my mind! That's my next suggestion once we get on the topic again :)
  • @Emmaholmes89 totally downloading that app! 
  • Our girl name is Charlotte Rose. We already have a Lily Ann and wanted to keep with a very subtle flower theme. 

Boy names seem to be a lot more difficult. We both like Finn but can’t decide on a middle name. I want to use Luna because it is a family name but DH seems to think the child will be made fun of. I pointed out that several of my cousins, uncles, and grandfather all have the same middle name and were never teased, but we just can’t agree. 
  • Is it weird I’m nervous to reveal our baby names? I told my best friend our girl name last time around and she stole it!! 
  • @luckystar28 Not at all. I won’t reveal mine for the same reason. Our boys name is common. But our girls name is one I’ve Never heard before and not willing to share till baby is here. 
  • @luckystar28 Like you told her the name and she turned right back around and named her kid it within a recent time frame? 

Out if curiosity I have to know what name! 🙈
  • @luckystar28 Yes! Exactly. And I am happy to pm you the name lol. These boards are more public than you think... I think I shared too much last time around (on my old user name) and am weary of that again!