Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Help. Can a cyst cause a BFP - loss mentioned

My AF is due and needed to take a test for the doctor this morning so we can start our IVF cycle. 
It came back positive but I don't want to get excited as I worry it might just be a corpus luteum cyst as had a loss the month before 
Tested that out. But still had a cyst after the cycle and not sure if it can cause a false positive ??? Going crazy. Got bloods tomorrow. Anyone? Advice

Re: Help. Can a cyst cause a BFP - loss mentioned

• Options
    Tw

1st, in the future one off posts are unwelcome here, we have a question thread.
    2nd it is against tou to ask if you are possibly pregnant

when I had a malignant molar pregnancy, I did have ovarian cysts,  I can’t remember the type office top of my head, but it definitely wasn’t corpus luteum and I had one on each side, and really high HCG.  Also, you don’t need to have a molar pregnancy to have throphoblastoc disease. Did your levels test to 0 after your loss and are you bleeding?
  • Options
    dan-g said:
    My AF is due and needed to take a test for the doctor this morning so we can start our IVF cycle. 
    It came back positive but I don't want to get excited as I worry it might just be a corpus luteum cyst as had a loss the month before 
    Tested that out. But still had a cyst after the cycle and not sure if it can cause a false positive ??? Going crazy. Got bloods tomorrow. Anyone? Advice
    QFP.

Just an FYI, the corpus luteum produces progesterone, not HCG, so no, your cyst is not causing you to have false positives.  As Holly explained, there ARE instances where you can get a +HPT and not be pregnant but this is very rare.  It would be helpful to know if your levels were tracked to 0 after your miscarriage, it's not uncommon at all to still have residual HCG a month after a loss.  

If your levels were tracked to 0 and you got a BFP today then congrats, you're pregnant.  I recommend introducing yourself on your BMB and seeking continued support over there. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely tracked to 0 and had a bleed. This would be first AF due after loss. 
    Sorry to offend. I am on the IVF support page but wasn't sure where to ask this. 
    The doc did say it could be cyst so to see blood work. What levels would be considered not cyst related. 
    Again sorry for the trigger post above. I should know better. 
  • Options
    agaunagaun member
    edited October 2018
    @holly321sorry again. I actually don't think I am pregnant but worry maybe cancer. I freak at things like that. Sorry
  • Options
    @holly321
    My mother died of ovarian cancer that spread due to late diagnosis. So I am afraid. I am not trying to offend anyone but I never do ovulate on my own. I understand this is touchy for people but I am not trying to attract or bring back awful memories. So I apologize. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @holly321 Hugs to you dear <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @agaun I'm very very sorry for both of your losses. It is certainly understandable that you would fear that after witnessing such a traumatic event in your life. I know because I have the same sorts of fears after losing my Dad to cancer last year. 

If your beta turns out to be positive, please go to the first trimester board or to your birth month board, as soon as possible and let this thread die down, because this is a board for those trying to get pregnant. It's against Bump guidelines to come here and ask directly/indirectly if you are pregnant. Best wishes to you. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake
    Thank you ❤️ 
  • Options
    You're welcome @agaun I just realized I knew you from somewhere, from the IF boards. I'm gonna send you a pm. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI