May 2019 Moms
Options

RAVENOUS

Insanely hungry over the past few days. Approaching 7 weeks here, seems too early to have such an increased appetite. Anyone else experience this?

Re: RAVENOUS

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Insanely hungry over the past few days. Approaching 7 weeks here, seems too early to have such an increased appetite. Anyone else experience this?
    QFP. 
  • Options
    Wow.... I just read the guidelines (well.... skimmed them because they were insanely long and OCD detailed).  I can’t believe BUMP is trying to control message boarding so much and so many people are going along with it! 

@Knottie- i’m Sorry your question got bashed by insensitive rule-followers.... even though the guidelines clearly state we need to be supportive of each other— so maybe they should review those again just for fun. 

You’re not the only one who is ravenous... I can’t control my hunger and it’s frustrating to constantly fight it. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. This is likely the last time i’ll Post on here because of all the inane rules I would have to remember. 

The bump is dead to me. 🎤⬇️

• Options
    Our rules are literally the reason why this board is so organized and it's what sets us apart from other maternity forums. 

• Options
    jmgwhite said:
    Wow.... I just read the guidelines (well.... skimmed them because they were insanely long and OCD detailed).  I can’t believe BUMP is trying to control message boarding so much and so many people are going along with it! 

@Knottie- i’m Sorry your question got bashed by insensitive rule-followers.... even though the guidelines clearly state we need to be supportive of each other— so maybe they should review those again just for fun. 

You’re not the only one who is ravenous... I can’t control my hunger and it’s frustrating to constantly fight it. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. This is likely the last time i’ll Post on here because of all the inane rules I would have to remember. 

• Options
    jmgwhite said:

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    jmgwhite said:

First of all, thanks for reading the guidelines. Welcome to the board!

Secondly, these aren't rules put in place by The Bump overlords, these are guidelines that we as a budding commnity are following because we like to be able to get to know one another and actually participate in threads. If you look at other pregnancy websites (which I don't recommend, but if you feel so inclined, check it out), you'll see that their boards are just a constant stream of one-off posts like OP's where 50,000 people are all starting their own post about being hungry, or tired, or nauseous or whatever. It doesn't lead to conversation or community, it's just like a whole bunch of people shouting simultaneously into the void of the internet.

We are trying to invite these new one-off posters to participate in the conversations that are already happening here, so that they can join the community and have fun with us!

And yes, we may be a little bit sassy about it, but if you think this is mean or rude, you would have been chewed up and spit back out by the "old Bump," because this is cupcakes.
    @brie_and_almonds you are hilarious and I think I love you.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    Just checked in to see if any fellow May 2019 mom-to-be’s could relate to my post...and WOW. All of these responses. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I’m just hormonal. Or maybe you guys are. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

For future reference - if you want to be a decent human being and not make someone new to the boards feel like a worthless piece of garbage (I mean some of these comments...really? You feel good about yourself saying that?), a simple “Hey - please read the guidelines first, this kind of post isn’t allowed” will do. 

@jmgwhite - thanks for not making me feel like a failure of human being for posting a pregnancy question on a pregnancy board! 👍
  • Options
    @jmgwhite k byeeeeeeeeee

@Knottie1441935424 If you start posting correctly, then you'll probably find yourself with some great friends and support on here. 

• Options
    edited October 2018
    FYI I'm currently on steroids and girl,  you have no idea what ravenous is. I am starving within an hour of eating my last meal.  Im only 7 weeks pregnant but in the last week,  all my pants are about to bust open. I hate this.  I feel like the fattest. ass. ever.  

ETA: I don't even want to know how much i weigh, right now.  

• Options
    @Knottie1441935424
    Don’t be upset ... not everyone feels the same way. I actually like it when people create new posts 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    As for being ravenous, I wish that were the case right now. I feel sick 24/7 and am unsure if it’s the pregnancy or a stomach bug. 
  • Options
    @Knottie1441935424
    Don’t be upset ... not everyone feels the same way. I actually like it when people create new posts 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    As for being ravenous, I wish that were the case right now. I feel sick 24/7 and am unsure if it’s the pregnancy or a stomach bug. 
    Ugh, I’m sorry. Sounds like it’s common to feel the way you’re feeling at this point though. So hang in there! 
  • Options
    @jmgwhite k byeeeeeeeeee

@Knottie1441935424 If you start posting correctly, then you'll probably find yourself with some great friends and support on here. 

But if you don’t post “correctly” (which, by the way, was an honest mistake), expect to get barraged with angry GIFs and patronizing comments that are targeted to make you feel like an idiot. Got it. ✔️
  • Options
    FYI I'm currently on steroids and girl,  you have no idea what ravenous is. I am starving within an hour of eating my last meal.  Im only 7 weeks pregnant but in the last week,  all my pants are about to bust open. I hate this.  I feel like the fattest. ass. ever.  

ETA: I don't even want to know how much i weigh, right now.  
    I am not on steroids yet can totally relate. For me it’s like a constant hungover feeling where I cannot get enough carbs (or just any crap really) into my system. I had my pants unbuttoned AND unzipped all day at work yesterday. Not looking forward to getting on that scale. 
  • Options
    Oh noes, we’re getting called hormonal again! 

Look, I get that the responses can seem harsh, but we have the board organization post for a reason and like to actually get to know people and have conversations. Not just see a random post from knottie467433675434 that says they’re hungry. You have to put in effort to get effort back. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    I really don't understand why it's difficult for people to read the "read this first" thread; especially when they're not permitted to post for several days you'd think that'd be plenty of time to glance through and get a sense of what's going on & what's gonna happen if they do this exact same thing.

FYI knottie, you're about the 20th person to have made this newbie mistake in this bmb (posting a one-off + not creating a username) and you could've spared yourself from feeling like a "worthless piece of garbage" if you'd done what the bump had suggested during that period when you weren't able to post. We don't want you to feel bad & are sorry if it comes across in a mean way, but we want everyone to understand there are rules & board etiquette we try to maintain. And yes, we're all ravenous & hormonal; welcome to pregnancy.

• Options
    I really don't understand why it's difficult for people to read the "read this first" thread; especially when they're not permitted to post for several days you'd think that'd be plenty of time to glance through and get a sense of what's going on & what's gonna happen if they do this exact same thing.

FYI knottie, you're about the 20th person to have made this newbie mistake in this bmb (posting a one-off + not creating a username) and you could've spared yourself from feeling like a "worthless piece of garbage" if you'd done what the bump had suggested during that period when you weren't able to post. We don't want you to feel bad & are sorry if it comes across in a mean way, but we want everyone to understand there are rules & board etiquette we try to maintain. And yes, we're all ravenous & hormonal; welcome to pregnancy.

Oh my goodness. You don’t think I got it by now? 

ATTENTION EVERYONE: Your message of “read the rules first, no one-off posts, make a username so we respect you, etc” has been received!

For the record, if we had the capability of deleting posts, I would have by now. 
  • Options
    zuuls_mom said:
    Oh noes, we’re getting called hormonal again! 

Look, I get that the responses can seem harsh, but we have the board organization post for a reason and like to actually get to know people and have conversations. Not just see a random post from knottie467433675434 that says they’re hungry. You have to put in effort to get effort back. 
    Thanks. Feel free to put the effort in as well and read the other replies. Your points have been pretty well covered!

sheesh, y’all. 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • Options
    Can you just stop already? You're beating a dead horse. Move on and get over it.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Also, in defense of my initial question, I don’t know why so many have commented along the lines of “we all feel hungry, welcome to pregnancy.” If we’re all due in May here, from my understanding (now talking to people elsewhere) a lot of people DON’T feel this level of hunger/increased appetite until much later in pregnancy. In fact many feel the opposite right now. So I’m not a loony toon for wondering/asking, thank you very much! 
  • Options
    Also, in defense of my initial question, I don’t know why so many have commented along the lines of “we all feel hungry, welcome to pregnancy.” If we’re all due in May here, from my understanding (now talking to people elsewhere) a lot of people DON’T feel this level of hunger/increased appetite until much later in pregnancy. In fact many feel the opposite right now. So I’m not a loony toon for wondering/asking, thank you very much! 
    Seriously no one cares. The responses you are reading from days ago. This thread would have literally died and been forgotten if you would just quit already.

And most of us are hungry. No idea where you are getting your info but since we are all wrong why even ask???

• Options
    Thanks for your response despite not caring! You’re a real treat, @psychobutthead!
  • Options
    Thanks for your response despite not caring! You’re a real treat, @psychobutthead!
    Because you are such a joy yourself?

• Options
    Because you are such a joy yourself?
    I suppose I would’ve been more of a joy if I sat back and silently received all the unnecessarily aggressive posts. But I’m not really about that life, not with all this BS going on in the world around us right now. I will defend myself. I would’ve never expected these kind of responses from a group of fellow women, oversomething so incredibly small and insignificant. 
  • Options
    @Knottie1441935424 "with all the BS going on in the world" this is certainly small and insignificant. Either create a Screename, follow the rules and join in the community, or move on. 
  • Options

Oh my goodness. You don’t think I got it by now? 

ATTENTION EVERYONE: Your message of “read the rules first, no one-off posts, make a username so we respect you, etc” has been received!

For the record, if we had the capability of deleting posts, I would have by now. 
    You coulda just left it here. If it really was that “insignificant” why bother responding to anything else? Now you’re sticking around for dramzzzzzz.
  • Options
    Because gifs are awesome, I think it's time for a gif party. We better stay on topic though, least the bump gods shut us down.  Show me your Ravenous gifs!

• Options

Me thinking about pizza