December 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms • w/o 9.30

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms • w/o 9.30

• My main symptom these days is exhaustion, but I'm also on a tough schedule right now, so I'm not sure how much of it is that, but I am really not psyched to report I've had a return of nausea! Both in the morning and at night. It's not nearly as bad as first tri, but it's not fun either. Reminding myself that I only have 9 weeks exactly to go. Counting down the days!
  • @maureenmce oh no,  nausea is back??? I'm so sorry!
  • Loading the player...
  • @orangecrush29 I'm getting braxton hicks like crazy now.  It's pretty uncomfortable and kinda scary.  I assume I would know a real contraction from a bh one, but I have no idea as a ftm.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd you'll know :) real contractions will be more painful than BH.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I hope that cough starts getting better and that the day of rest helped you out!! RLP is a beast. I've felt it many different ways/places. I thought I was feeling it yesterday just normal walking and it hurt for a long while. I was like wtf is going on. I pressed on the spot and I'll be damned if it wasn't HER HEAD!! I pushed it and she moved, discomfort went away.

@orangecrush29 I didn't get heartburn with DS and haven't really with this pregnancy so far. I had it Saturday night while I was also feeling dizzy and omg it was terrible! At least, that's what I think it was. I don't even know that I had anything to eat that would cause heartburn. I am kinda wondering if my LO isn't transverse too. I am going to ask the midwife if she can tell at my appointment tomorrow.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @kadeephd
    I said that too as a FTM. Nurses would tell me I'd know when it was real vs BH and I wasn't sure if I believed them lol
    You will know.  Real contractions take your breath away and you cannot do anything else.  While BH can be mildly painful, and annoying, real contractions are no joke.
  • @AdorkablePixie Wow that is both lucky and frightening!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @scaredunprepared Yes, sadly! I heard reflux can sometimes present as nausea, so maybe that's causing it? Or third tri hormones? No idea, but nausea is back in the morning and at night. :( But not as bad as first tri, so there's that.

Re: contractions, it's so weird to be a STM and still not really know what "I'm starting labor" contractions feel like, since I got induced! I know what pitocin induced contractions feel like, but as far as actually going into labor and beginning to contract on my own, I have no idea what to expect this time around!
  • I've been having sleep issues (though last night I somehow got enough sleep to feel well rested?) Normally, I'm waking up every 1-2 hours from peeing, kicks, leg cramps (luckily NOT full charlie horses, just little cramps), and general discomfort.

I have also burped a few times this week only to find that a little bit of vomit comes up... ick. Gotta eat smaller meals I think. I've started noticing one or two BH each day, which is super weird. No constant body pains yet, but the occasional lightning crotch or shooting pain down my leg, but they don't last long. I think my massage therapy and chiropractor (I went this morning!) is helping to avoid headaches and sciatica. I did have an ocular migraine this week though. That's where you have kaleidoscopic vision... but no pain came afterwards. Those are pretty normal for me though, about once every 3-4 months. Oh, and super SORE feet every single night, but not swollen at all.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @maureenmce I feel the same! I didn't have much BH & didn't go into labor on my own, so as a STM I still feel unsure of what exactly to expect if real ones start.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @omnommer Ugh, those burps are THE WORST! So gross.

@kadeephd Right?! It was crazy.

• @maureenmce my nausea came back a couple weeks ago. My doc said to take tums and an antacid. I did even though I wasn’t necessarily thinking that would help, but it has for me.
    Also for BH vs labor for me - BH tighten in one area, labor is the whole uterus and I can’t breathe easily though real labor and start getting really nauseous. 
  • @CecilB93 and @AdorkablePixie I've been waking up with cramps in my ankles and calves for the past week or so. Midwife suggested more calcium as a solution - but between prenatals and antacids I'm already getting a TON of calcium! 

Heartburn / reflux continues to be bad, as it has been with all my pregnancies. I've been taking Prilosec every morning for about 5 days, and that seems to be helping somewhat. But oh my goodness, the belching that starts when I lay down at night is SO insane.

+1 to everyone who said they've been getting up a million times to pee. I think I was up 4-5 times a couple nights ago. Maybe a sign that baby is moving down? 

and +1 to hiccups. Every night baby seems to get hiccups, and I feel a shoulder or back knocking against my left hipbone over and over. It's such a weird feeling.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MissAmber23 I try to eat bananas regularly. That usually keeps it under control, for the most part.

• @MissAmber23 Yes! I don't remember feeling actual pushing against my hip bones last pregnancy, but it's where this babe likes to hang out for whatever reason. The hiccups are silly, but it's always nice to feel them down low, because I know that's where they should be :)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @MissAmber23 Yes! I don't remember feeling actual pushing against my hip bones last pregnancy, but it's where this babe likes to hang out for whatever reason. The hiccups are silly, but it's always nice to feel them down low, because I know that's where they should be :)
    Mine pushes in my hips too. That part is so uncomfortable. 
  • @kadeephd I think you'll start recognizing the difference when you reach the end! I have a similar story as @AdorkablePixie and with my first pregnancy did NOT know I was actually in labor! But I was only 31 weeks and the contractions I felt that labor (cramps and tightening) were not anything like I felt like with my other 3 pregnancies. So weird. Anyways, I think generally it's safe to say that you'll know when it's the real deal!! 

@AdorkablePixie This kiddo and my last one really did a number on me with reflux/heartburn.. it's awful! Thankfully zantac helps.. hoping this kid comes out with a ton of hair like the last one, lol! I actually thought LO turned down because I was feeling him more in my hips, but my doctor was able to easily tell that he was still sideways.. hopefully he turns down soon!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Activebaby Glad the antacids have been helping your nausea! I've been trying that too and it either helps, or the nausea is because I need to eat more (I have no appetite ever during this pregnancy, so it's hard to tell.) But yeah, it seems like the more Tums I take and the more I eat the better I feel!
  • @orangecrush29 I think at this point they move so much they could be in more than one position in a day. I hope mine flips head down soon and stays that way, if she isn't already!! That's crazy you had a first labor experience like I did.