Pregnant after IF

PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - September 2018

Re: PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - September 2018

• @polythene Pam a blood draw?!? Oh hell no.

@stella_700 that moment of love between your babies so precious. Don’t you just wish you could somehow bottle it?

@mbradfo2  I really don’t understand docs giving parents a hard time about chubby babies. I mean they are babies. When I was a kid my pediatrician said I was overweight and needed to diet. I was 7. 7?!? For the record I wasn’t even chubby looking in pictures but year after year if yo-yo dieting I sure was. My well intentioned mom made it her mission to have me loose weight so I wouldn’t be a “fat” adult like her. Needless to say this was not good for my childhood and I’m still an overweight adult with food issues. I’m always a little scared when I hear restricting food to babies/children. When I see my daughter in the high 90s for all her measurements I worry how I will deal with that conversation and what well intentioned mistakes I will make. Hope all your worries are unfounded and they don’t say a thing except that your babe is healthy and thriving. 
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• @mbradfo2 If the pediatrician said something to me about my babies BMI at this stage (that wasn't failure to thrive), I'd be searching for another ped. So that's my first thought. My second thought is how insensitive to say such a thing to a brand new Mom, we already struggle with feelings of inadequacy, breastfeeding troubles, birth recovery, etc and the ped says that! I'm glad that your appointment went so well today and that your little girl is on track! I think that being a preemie Mom has made me extra sensitive to comments surrounding the twins growth. I get extra defensive/easily upset.

@2MomsHoping As a plus size woman myself I think the only thing I can do is to prepare healthy meals (struggling to cook at all right now), try to model moderation in all foods, and encourage movement for my babies. Whatever size they end up I hope to instill in them a sense of their own worth. With my daughter especially that she is comfortable in her self and confident that she is worthy of love and affection. I know what I won't do and that's putting her on diets or exercise regimes. Having had that done to me by my father I understand the subtle negative body image that enforces. It kills me to see a plus size woman who has been beaten down by society's viewpoint on size (I'm slightly stereotyping here, call me on it if you feel its out of line), you know the one you see always hiding in oversized clothes, all ways looking down. While I don't know their stories/issues I always want to go up to them and tell them they are worthy and beautiful as they are. Sorry this is obviously a soap box issue with me. ::climbs done::

• Loading the player...
  • Question for you ladies- how long does your little one sleep during the day? Bryson is now 4 months old and is sleeping like 4-5 hours in between the hours of 8-4. Does that seem pretty normal? Sometimes I feel like all he does at daycare is sleep. Right now he is on hour 3 of a nap... He does not sleep this much when he is at home with us on the weekends.
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • @Holls214 - for 4m that’s sounds right! Even at 13m Parker sleep 3 hours on his nap and 11 hours at night. When they are as young as your little one - there’s no such things as too much sleep. Also, at 4m sleep is good lol. Skip that regression, sleep through the growth spurts!! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words about both the clogged duct (it's cleared up now!) and also taking time to leave the house. We went out for a walk today in the park and normally he's out cold the whole time, but he woke up crying, I fed him in the stroller (which was stupid, but I was scared about taking him out because the sun was so bright), which caused him to spit up all over himself. So I took him out to keep feeding him, burping, etc and it was FINE! I think handling even a minor "crisis" helped my confidence.

@safire3 Also can't believe your mom would say that...but I agree with everyone that you shouldn't take that to heart and think it will be an issue with other child care. I'm sure nannies/daycares have seen far worse then a baby that wants to be held to sleep!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • @mbradfo2 agree with the others, slow growth can be one thing (my daughter was watched when I had zero supply while we figured that out) but I would have a hard time with labeling “too big.” We’re actually having this talk at home lately with my 5 year old. 
    We eat pretty healthy but my husband just got a pretty bad report from the dr and has to make some drastic changes. Weight is one but it all ties in to heart, BP, sugars, stress, etc etc etc. So while we overhaul his diet and routine, my daughter asks a lot of questions and it’s been an easy conversation so far. I hope to keep it up.. why I won’t only pack her lunch of carbs, why she should eat the fruit etc, why is mommy yelling at daddy when he keeps trying to order pizza ;)  She’s even correcting my husbands choices now, and yesterday we went for a walk and she bolted to jog and said “I gotta exercise so my back doesn’t hurt like daddy’s!” So while it’s unfortunate what he’s going through, it’s been good to open the conversation. 
  • @Holls214 seems ok! We cut naps/shorten them only if/when they are interrupting the next nap or nighttime sleep. But if naps are good and nights are good, it’s good! Now at 10 months if I let G nap as long as he wants, he’ll skip his afternoon nap (and be a disaster by bedtime) but we don’t mess with naps until that’s happening. 
  • Today He slept 5.5 hours at daycare... he was there from 7:15 until 3:45. That seems like a lot. He had his 4 month checkup and the doctor agreed that’s too much sleep especially since he only sleeps from like 8 or 9pm until about 6am. She said about 4 hours should be the right amount for naps during that time and another nap at night. Now how do I adjust that with daycare? Argh. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • @stella_700 I totally am on that soap box too.  I agree prepare healthy meals and No special diets/exercize regimens. If she is criticized for her size one day out in the world I want to make sure that Home is a safe haven from that.  

@sarzee2  so stinking proud of you!  The first panic oh my god how am I going to handle this is the worst and you made it through!  Take that new found confidence and pocket it with you for your next adventure!  High five mama!
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @Holls214 oh yea the nights are definitely too short then sorry, I take it back :) at home is he a cat napper? Does he sleep better at night those nights? I’d just tell them that he’s sleeping less at night because of all the naps.. around 6 months we switched to only 2 naps all day, I wonder if they could start pushing him towards that. I used to work at daycare and we did have certain kids we had to watch their sleep, I just don’t know the right schedule to tell you. Maybe the nap schedule they do but cap each nap at 1.5 hours (or something like that - we do 45 min sleep increments as that’s a full sleep cycle)
  • Yeah one of the naps today was 3.5 hours, that’s just way too long. Most of them are 2+ hours. He definitely naps less at home and does sleep a little longer on those nights. I guess I’ll have to talk to them. He’s the youngest in the room and I wonder if they just think it’s easier if he sleeps or maybe that’s just me being a butt? ;) I’m still not loving daycare even though I do like his for the most part. It still just sucks. 
    Thanks! 
  • @Holls214 our daycare doesn't wake kids unless instructed by parents until they get to the older rooms. I'm sure if you talked to them, it wouldn't be an issue.

@byrneme no matter what the weight, I think we can all jump on the soapbox of teaching our daughters to love themselves. The world is full of people who shame you for being overweight and then shame you for being too thin. All we can do is teach them to be healthy and happy.

For humidifiers, we have a Honeywell cool mist humidifier. It's not pretty, but it lasts all night and worked great all last year.
     https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Cool-Moisture-Humidifier-Black/dp/B016ZACZ88/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538138587&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Honeywell+cool+mist+humidifier&psc=1
  • byrnemebyrneme member
    edited September 2018
    @Holls214
    When Zoey was about that age we tried to do the 2, 3, 4 method which was a nap 2 hours after she got up for the day, second nap 3 hours after she got up from nap #1 and bedtime after she got up from nap #2. You can figure out how long the naps would/should be based on the time of nighttime sleep. It wasn't always perfect but it was a good guide for us!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @Holls214
    We were doing 2-3 hr naps every so often at that age but 3-4 hours in that time period seems like alot. They probably go by the old adage "Don't wake a sleeping baby".   As persnickity says, I'm sure if you asked them to limit his naps they will try. I suspect part of the napping is that the transition is a bit overwhelming for baby and sleep is a soothing tactic. I know alot of activity and changes can easily wear our girl out. Last week when I took her to get my flu shot at my work, to the doc's for a quick check since she had hit her head on the side of the crib that morning (she was fine; I was just worried and my dad was out of town!), and then the library, she passed out when we got home and I got the first 2 hour nap in -forever-.  She doesn't nap much anymore -- maybe 45 min in a stretch a handful of times during the day. But she was definitely tired that day when we got home! 

Definitely got a low grade fever from the shots but acting fine and playing now, so the tylenol did the trick. I hope she gets over it quicker than she did the last one; her low grade fever dragged on for almost 48 hours after the shots. 

We need to get a new bouncer for her -- she's getting too long for her current one; her feet hang over the edge. We use the bright starts bouncer; I've found fisher-price tends to be a bit longer but I'd rather see them in person first so I'm going to try to go to the buybuybaby store and look at some. If only it wasn't 45 min away...
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @JWatt5 Bummer that Parker is stuffy, so glad that you have some work from home flexibility. DH and I go back and forth on trying again but it'll be a bit longer before we jump in. I'm leaning towards starting up next summer for pregnancy #2. Looking forward to good news for the New Year for you guys!

@Holls214 I'm not much help as my two are terrible nappers. We are just now (10.5 months) getting to were they will nap for at least an hour on the weekends. They are terrible nappers at daycare though. Are the long naps causing sleeping issues at night? If so a conversation with the caregiver in his room is called for. I also wish we didn't have to do daycare also.
  • @JWatt5 how exciting!! Can’t wait for great news for you guys! We debate one more but I think we’d reach out this time next year if we do.. 
  • @JWatt5 how exciting!!! Do you have any frozen embryos or do you have to do another retrevial? 
    Bryson is home from daycare. Poor guy had 100.4 temp from his shots yesterday. :( so I’ll save the nap convo for another day. Baby snuggles today. 
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited September 2018
    Hi all, 
    Sorry been MIA, been keeping up with everyone though... Got checked out this week and my incision is fine. Supposed to wash 2 times a day now but haven't been able to do that yet. Ordered some additional wash cloths from Amazon that should be here today.  Currently don't have enough without doing laundry every 2 days...ugh. 

The lactation consultant checked out the bump on my boob and said it is just a clogged gland.  I am wiping more after pumping and using a clean papertowel each time. Also cleaning with hydrogen peroxide as well. 

Had a huge accomplishment-went to Target on my own on Tuesday and walked around and shopped. It was amazing. I had to be in wheelchair before since week 20 so it was so nice.  I took my sweet time and looked at all the Halloween decorations.

William is doing better since on acid reflux meds.  He wasn't sleeping in his bassinet and kept wanting to eat because it sooths his throat. I'm thankful to have a doctor who could figure that out just from our descriptions. 

I second the marriage comments from others, it has been so hard. I was having a really hard time when my husband was sick for a week during week 3 or 4. At one point he asked me to make him oatmeal and then ate 2 bites and threw it in the sink, bowl still full.....it is maddening how much me are babies when sick. My husband refuses to acknowledge he is tired. Instead he just starts falling asleep, making mistakes and not waking up when the baby cries. It's really annoying.

I'm thankful to be back on my Zoloft now after a year and not on progesterone! DH and I had a big fight last weekend and I ended up crying alone for a few hours the next few days.  I realized that the worst is over and it would be nice to be able to take it easy and not fight. I'm doing much better this week letting things slide and being more calm. My husband has been much kinder also and we agreed to try our best to speak to each other kindly.  

The thought of having an only child is still weighing on my mind heavily.  I think I am going to discuss with my therapist when I see her next.  The thing is I think that my husband and I only want one child and that is what we wanted from the beginning.  However I think I am more 70% /30% on it where he is like 90%/10%.  So I'm having a hard time with that 30% and also societal pressures to have a second. I wish we existed in a world of our own and then we could just be happy with our one!  The thing is I told myself I'd collect all the information before I made the decision.  Now I have it all and I don't think I want to go through another hard pregnancy and have the additional stress of money being tight and stress on our relationship. Is it so bad I want to live my life a little on the easier side and just bite off what I know I can chew comfortably? I know I've brought this up before but I appreciate the support and it's an ongoing thing for me.  My ob says I shouldn't get pregnant for a year anyway, but the thing is it took 2 years last time for my husband to get fully on board and I'm 37....he is a painfully slow decision maker.  I'm such a planner also I'm not big into last minute decisions. I wish I could let go or stop thinking about this at least right now and just enjoy William. I wish I could also just go more confidently in the direction that I feel is best for our family. I guess what I'm saying is I feel deep down my heart says one is right and my brain says it is also. But for some reason I still feel guilty or like the time will come when I regret my decision. I wonder if I will be able to let the opportunity to have another pass by and not feel sad or change my mind.

Is there anyone else out there who is thinking one also and is confident/happy in their decision?

• @hottietoddy
    We are going to be a one only family but it wasn't easy to accept, even after we made the decision. It's just that one door is closing and you know every first will be the last one -- but if I imagine having another baby, I'm not excited about that either! So, just complicated feelings, I think. My husband is much more on the "one and done" bandwagon but he realizes that I have more complex feelings about it.  It's not so much that I want a second child but that I realize how much is already flying by every single day -- it's one less day that she's a snuggly baby, one day closer to her being grown up. 

I was actually super late on my period last month (which never happens; I've always been like clockwork) and took a test (negative, of course). Period showed up a few days later. But in the time where I was thinking "omg could it be a BFP?", I was actually really upset -- I didn't want another baby to take time away from Anne. I just want to give her all of my attention and time. So I know that accepting the one child thing is more of just accepting that one phase will eventually end and there won't be another "baby/pregnancy" time in my life.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• 2MomsHoping2MomsHoping member
    edited September 2018
    @jwatt5 I’m sorry Parker is stuffy and I hope he feels better soon. FX for you at the RE so exciting!  I hope it is a short and successful time in ttc land. 

@holls214 poor Bryson. I hope he feels better soon. 

@hottietoddy I was totally thinking of you this morning and wondering how you are doing. I think it’s so soon to expect yourself to be 100% on anything sibling related. At least that’s what I’m telling myself. I think a lot more people are doing one and done so it’s not as rare as it used to be, give yourself some time to process this huge life change maybe that 70/30% will shift. 

@mbradfo2 you have captured so many of my feelings I don’t want these magic moments to be the last this or that but at the same time when I think about having another baby it’s like some stranger baby taking away my time from my precious angel. Lol I know they say love is multiplied or whatever but I just don’t know if I buy it. 

We were planning to hop in the siblings bandwagon as soon as possible...now though, now I’m just not as sure. We had basically agreed to no more IVFs but we would do transfers until all our frozen embryos were used up and see what our family looked like at the end...but now I’m surprised at how complete my family feels.  Though Lucille is only a month old so I’m sure I’ll change my mind about a million times between now and her first birthday. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited September 2018
    @2MomsHoping - at my postpartum visit with my OB I was all “go ahead and take that ovary and tube out - I don’t need them” hahaha I felt like Parker was it, one was all I needed. My OB wouldn’t talk about it until I was done breast feeding because she said - that’s my hormones talking bahaha. Fast forward 4 months when I stop pumping and I’m begging my husband to have another baby ASAP haha. Then I put the brakes on worrying about what it would be like going back to work and being a mom but a Month in - we can do this.

Being 35 in the spring is looming over my head on top of just being ready, - fertility wise and just age.our only hold up is wondering how we’ll afford two in daycare at once but we’ll figure it out. If we need IVF for this one, we need to wait for govt funding and it’s an 18m wait list. Ekkkk haha 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Yeah I always wanted 2 but with a tough pregnancy and tough recovery and being diagnosed with fibromyalgia I just don’t know anymore. Right now I say 1 and done because I can’t handle anymore currently but that may change. My husband said well if we are done then let’s not pay for our embryos on ice, but I just can’t let go of that yet... he definitely wants another kid but doesn’t want me to suffer again as well. Also- 1 is a lot of work too and expensive. And I don’t want to take away from him but also don’t want him to miss out on siblings.... tough tough tough overall I’m sure for us all.... 
  • @hottietoddy - we went back and forth a lot. And a lot has to do with money - daycare, treatment etc. I’ve had a ton of anxiety over it all year,  want another but not wanting to be broke over it but we just had that ah ha moment this week. Even before we started trying we had said just one kid...there’s absolutely nothing wrong with one!! 

@Holls214 - despite what our RE and Endo specialist predicted, we were successful with IUI and injections. Which likely makes our decision to try again much easier but we’re just as fearful that we’ll need IVF this time, that we just got lucky last time. With all you’ve been through and your new diagnosis - I think it would be hard too. Soak up that new baby now, your feelings with become more clear later on. Hope he’s feeling better!! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• I always feel bad chiming in since we have one “luck” kid, Graham was our IVF baby. But it took us a solid year to say we maybe wanted another, and honestly 18 months before we REALLY wanted another. But I know a lot who have 1 and are so happy. Society stinks, my sister doesn’t want any kids and the comments she gets.. you do what’s right for your family! Now we debate another, we have false “easiness” too with the unintended 4 year age gap. I wouldn’t want to wait that long again with our age but dang it’s so much easier ;) so we’ll see. We’re very fortunate to have 4 ice embryos, but we also have gotten a lot of judgy comments asking what we’ll do with those. You can’t please everyone that’s for sure.. 
  • @Polythene Pam - don’t feel bad, but I also understand  - I feel guilt all the time that I’m stage 4 Endo and have an IUI Baby.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• I might have ordered a little someone's Halloween costume today :smile:

We're going to be at Disney so I felt it was appropriate -- and Anna is -almost- the same name as Anne! It was between this and a Snow White costume which was super adorable (but I can't stand Snow White's voice). So I went with this!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• I feel like I've been mia only cause I had so much to read  :D and it takes me forever! 

@Holls214 glad u finally have a diagnosis not that I know much about it.  I've seen commercials for it,  cAn medication help? Sorry baby isn't feeling well!! And I'm still on the never wake a sleeping baby but that's more cause it's never proven to work well for me.  To feed her was a waste as she was too exhausted to eat (had to do it right when I got out of the hospital with her in fear of hydration) now o thought she would sleep more at night trying to switch her night and days but that didn't work.  I'm a night owl and so is she! This LO is finally tired when the sun comes up. (Good grief)  right now I just try to embrace naptime whenever she gives it to me. I never wake her because it doesn't ever help me, I'm lucky if she ever sleeps an hour during the day! 

@persnickity big congrats to u, 13 months wow!!! I'm on 17wks and think I should get a trophy haha!! Pumping sux and I hate it!!!  But I still do it to know she's still getting about half BM a day it's so hard she going to be 4months technically I wonder how much longer I can go.  My family think I'm nuts and should just stick with formula!  My big issue is she really needs my boob to go to sleep so I can't imagine how I can really stop! 
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• @stella_700 scary abt the humidifier glad everyone is ok!! I'm always so impressed how your room managing with 2 and still talking about when it's time for the next!!

@JWatt5 awesome your ready to go can't wait to cheer u on for the next bundle!!

i never ever thought I'd be the one and done type person! I have siblings and think it's the best thing to have them! I also went through 8 rounds of ivf to bank embryosnto have siblings well that she true but it was tonalso make sure I would have a healthy first child.  Oooo the days of iui how I wish it was that simple for me!! It's exciting now that it does work for some! In my brain I still don't get why iui doesn't work for everyone.  That lil guy is literally right there what's the proble, obviously mine had directional issues  :s:D I drove my RE batty always asking after ER are u sure my eggs don't have a tougher shell then others...I'm always trying to find the reason.   Anyhoo bac to another child I'm kind of now doing this on my own so the money factor plays a roll for sure BUT I can't see letting go of my other embabies without at least trying another transfer.  My family thinks I'm nut as now I'm old (over 40) and should be happy with what I have.  I'm so thankful for what I have BUT then because I'm older I'm scared to leave her by herself too.  It's so hard having so many emotions on the subject.  

@mbradfo glad u had a good appt and hoping her fever leaves as soon as it started!! I'm waiting to find out if I made the cut with her weight gain this week or I'm a bad mom.  I'm giving her the bottles and feeding her but the days she's spitting up all over the place who knows how much actually stayed in her! 

Mines nearing 4 months and dr still had nendoing 4oz bottles my family thinks she's should be doing more like 5/6oz so they think I'm starving her! There are board discussions that babies her age r drinking more.  Just curious what u ladies think and about how many bottles a day does everyone give.  I bf her too but I never count it as a full feeding since I know she's not getting the full 4oz and will feed her again if she's not sleeping.

im doing the fed is best but I find I'm still treating her like a new born and feeding her on demand.  I just find that she definiatkey hungrier at night.  She'll want another bottle 90min after she was fed and in the morning she'll just nurse once or twice in a 2/3hr span so I find it tough to really have her on a rountine and I don't want to stop the bf just yet.

@2MomsHoping @stella_700 and everyone else mentioning weight it's always been an issue for me so I appreciate reading everyone's thoughts on the subject! Frustrating I already have to be worried abt her weight so early on
    TTC since 2014
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)

• @Hopeful_mom - Parker never took more than 4oz until he was around 7m. I feel like he was slow to work up to larger bottles (but the same amount of ounces) but it worked for us. I think it’s more about the total number of ounces they get. Even still, Parker was on the lower end at 28oz a day. Only time he went over by a bit was a growth spurt! 

TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @Hopeful_mom

I always write a book when I post anything! I used to get teased all the time in school for turning in the longest papers...

She was drinking about 4 or 5 oz at a time at 4 months (with 5 or 6 bottles a day); we were using the larger bottles so it was only about half of the bottle. At 6 months, she now drinks 5-6 oz at a time, usually 4 or 5 bottles a day and gets some baby food. The doctor also recommended we also offer her a few oz of water every so often to get her used to the taste (or lack thereof) so we're planning on adding that to her "Baby food" meal time to help wash down the food.

As long as you are getting plenty of wet diapers (at least 5 or 6 daily), she's eating enough! How much does she spit up? She might have some reflux? If you're doing bottles, you could add a bit of single grain cereal (with doc's approval) since that helps keep the milk down better. We started using oatmeal when she was 2 or 3 months old (1 tablespoon per 4 oz) and her spitting up basically stopped.  You could also use rice cereal, but some people find that to be constipating. She switched over to a multigrain cereal (oatmeal, rice, barley and wheat) last week though to expose her to more foods and flavors.

Ladies, since we're going to start giving her water, should I buy some bottled water or is the filtered stuff from the fridge good enough? I just don't want her to get any chemicals she shouldn't being ingesting at her age! [We use ready-to-feed formula so this will be my first time giving her any water that comes from our tap or bottles.]

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 - we gave distilled that early. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @Hopeful_mom Bryson still only does 4 oz at a time as well. 
    @hottietoddy so so cute!!! 
    The doctor gave us the okay to start some rice cereal and baby foods too. Obviously a minimal amount but start trying. Now to buy a high chair I suppose. 
  • @mbradfo2 - we use special gallon jugs for mixing formula called 'infant water' which is fancy distilled water I think just extra clean.  I would think that would be good 
  • @jwatt5 wow an 18 month wait list that’s a long time to wait. I swear the 30s just fly by. I turned 37 this summer so I feel like if we are trying for siblings there just isn’t a lot of time to drag my feet. My old lady back is already killing bending over all the time. 

@hottietoddy. Omg William is so adorable!!!  I love your chalk board with this milestones and the little bow tie with the month. We just sent out our announcements last week.  It was really emotional for me. We did a blanket for Lucy’s first month. I’ll oost some pictures eventually. Do you know what William is going to be for holloween?  We plan to go trick or treating just in our block. Holloween is kinda a big deal in our neighborhood. Kids come in by the van full and all the neighbors sit in their porches to hand out candy because you don’t have time to go back inside between the groups of kids. It’s so throwback neighborly. I love it. 

@mbradfo2 we use nursery water without fluoride if we can find it or distilled water for mixing formula I think either would be fine. I have heard filtered tap or regular bottled water is ok too but we never asked our pediatrician about it so I’m not sure. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping oh is she gorgeous! beautiful family! And I love your trick or treating! My grandmas house was like that, the best.

@hottietoddy ahh he’s adorable! Is it weird I get baby fever when I have a baby??

@Holls214 it flies, wow! The first foods are fun, enjoy :) 

We had our first taste of fall weather in WI, now I’m scrambling to buy winter gear haha. Any favorite kinds of first shoes for walkers? Graham’s just furniture surfing but with it getting cold I should probably put something more than socks on when he’s cruising around the playground ;) DH has been working late and busy all weekend so I told him I need to get out of the house ALONE ASAP. I have a target date by myself this week to buy G shoes and 500 things I don’t need, haha I can’t wait.
  • @2MomsHoping she is precious!!! What beautiful memories ur making already!! Just priceless!! 

@hottietoddy What a cutie! That bow tie is just too much!! 

@Holls214 i think the problem with mine is she would take the extra and then spit it up almost instantly.  

@JWatt5 ur baby sleeps 11hrs straight? Wow that's a dream!!!  How many oz did u do at 3months? Since she's turning 4months I'm curious as I know she not consuming 28 yet.  I certainly am changing her quite a bit and has poopy diapers way more since supplementing with formula so I do think she's fine but FTM always worried especially since she didn't gain enough last month. 

@Polythene Pam enjoy ur trip to target!!

@mbradfo2. With trying different formulas one was powder and I thought distilled or bottled but then read on Similac .com they say the best is to boil regular tap and then let it cool to regular temp. I use a large pot and when it's cooled place it in a glass jar so it's ready to go when needed.

cute hollaween purchase! I have a similar one with an orange tutu from a friend so I'm hoping it fits.  Not big on the holiday as I never celebrated it as a kid but will be ready for the photo up and watching the rest of the kids enjoy! 
    TTC since 2014

• @Polythene Pam where in WI are you?? My sister and her fam are visiting from northern wi and aren’t anxious to go home to cold!! 

@Hopeful_mom I think bf babies should be eating Anywhere from 19-28 oz per day. Abigail has always been on the lower side (about 20-22) and the dr didn’t seem too concerned.