May 2019 Moms

Re: FFFC 9/28

• @nopegoat
    We had to do that with our third kid for the first 11 months because we were in a small rental - it was fine.  It actually made night nursing super easy.
  • Loading the player...
  • @nopegoat we'll be doing the same until I can feel good about baby 2 sharing a room with DS. We live in a 2 bed apartment and aren't planning on moving for at least two years until we can buy a house. It is what it is.

• @fatmonica my first two had cutesy little rooms all set up. Third, fourth, and now fifth. Not so much.

I guess another confession, I bedshare for the first 4 months or so. Then they get moved to their crib in our room, then eventually to their own room. 

Totally know bedsharing isn't for everyone, but it really works for us. We follow bedsharing rules (no pillows or blankets, no alcohol or sleeping pills, never on the side of the bed, etc). 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • nopegoat said:
    This baby won't have a room for the first 9 months (possibly longer) of its life. There will be a crib in our room but that's it. 
    LOL I'll go you one better, I have no idea where I'll be living when this baby is born
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2018
    @fatmonica we are thinking of making the switch to homeschooling. The only thing stopping me is the socialization part. I can be a total hermit and my boys being in public school forces me and them to get out. Mind if I pick your brain later about it? I absolutely love the concept! 

ETA I know there are plenty of ways to socialize your kids without public school. Many much healthier. But getting out to do it, for me is tough. I just don't like people. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @sleepy33 totally been there too. We moved 10hrs away while I was 32wks pregnant with my 2nd. It was rough. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat - of course you can ask me anything.  This is our 3rd year and we love it.  (DD went the public school through 2nd grade).  Socialization isn't as much of a problem as people seem to think it would be.  In real life I don't only interact with people my own age.  My kids know how to talk to people of all ages easily (at the store, church, or wherever) but they do still have friends around their age.  
  • sleepy33 said:
    Hmm, I feel like I have so many confessions...where to start. Um, I've only met like a quarter of SO's family? And I only met them like 3 weeks ago lol.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That sounds like a story. Is your husband’s family living far away from you?
  • @fatmonica sorry I know my initial comment probably sounded ignorant as heck. Our neighbors doesn't have many kids in it so right now their peer age friends come from school. They did just start boyscouts which will help in that regards too.

I'll PM you with a few questions later today. Thank you so much! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @chloe97 I'm not married and they live here in town. I guess it's sort of a story lol? Idk how interesting it is tho.

Also, big hugs on your realizations that shit was not ok back then. It took me a looooooong time to realize that things that happened to me when I was very young were not ok, were in fact molestation, and that those things had a real effect on me. It's a weird feeling for sure. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • sleepy33 said:
    @chloe97 I'm not married and they live here in town. I guess it's sort of a story lol? Idk how interesting it is tho.

Also, big hugs on your realizations that shit was not ok back then. It took me a looooooong time to realize that things that happened to me when I was very young were not ok, were in fact molestation, and that those things had a real effect on me. 
    I totally missed the SO part. Ha. Sorry. And I’m so sorry that you are went through that. I feel like this happens so often and it’s such bullshit. Hugs right back at you!
  • @sleepy33 I wish I didn't know some of my H's family, particularly MIL. 🙈🙈

@chloe97 yesterday was a tough day for many. Hugs. ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Ours will probably stay in our room for a while anyway because I’m more comfortable with him/her being right there in the beginning. Not to mention, baby #2’s room is still currently our clutter room. 😬 I wish my son was a better bedsharer. It would make things so much easier when he refuses to go in his crib; however, he’s like sleeping with a ninja. 

@sleepy33  Consider yourself lucky! 😂 I’m kidding. I’m kidding. M

@nopegoat We’re soo on the same page! 
  • @sleepy33 my H and I had 2 kids before we got married. Getting legally married didn't change much. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Here's my FFFC

I'm afraid of cats. I dont know if its because I'm more of a dog person so I dont understand cat behaviour as much but I find them unpredictable.

Although in cat's defence I haven't been around a ton of cats and the 2 I've primarily been around are full on crazy! Even their owners admit they are more "aggressive" than typical cats
  • @nopegoat I responded before I saw your edit.  You didn't sound ignorant at all.

@sleepy33 I've been married 12 years and I didn't meet most of DH's aunts uncles and cousins until a few months ago, and we only live a few hours from them.  I'm sure when you meet his family they will love you.

MILs-   I got in a fight with my MIL about 4 years ago and things are still awkward between us.  I basically told her I felt like she was undermining me as a parent and now we are both on edge around each other.  For the most part I'm glad I only have to see her a few times a year, because we can't get past the awkwardness and she drives me nuts.
  • True story, my former MIL a couple of years ago was detained by airport security for trying to take a loaded handgun through the metal detector. She 'forgot' it was in her laptop bag. I'm ever so glad I don't have to interact with her anymore. #upsidestodivorce

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @nopegoat D2 was in our bedroom in her crib for 6 mos before we moved her in with D1. This baby will start out the same. It makes nighttime much easier although D2 was such a light sleeper that our creaky old floorboards would wake her often when H & I went to bed. 😬
    @chloe97 I’m sorry you’re struggling. The part I find most appalling is how many people are apathetic at best. I hope you are able to find some time to take care of yourself & feel better. 

My fffc - I’m letting my kid watch far more tv than usual today so I can get some things done around the house. 
  • @ibanezstarburst Not all cats crazy and unpredictable! Our cat is such a lover and so patient with our wild son (when he’s not hiding from him anyway haha). 💙 
  • @lappymom2019 which thing is pearl-clutch worthy? Or just my whole life  :D

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @sleepy33 haha your former mother in law.  How do you just for get that? Lol
  • @psychobutthead going from 2 to 3 kids is a game changer for sure. You've got this though and we'll all be here for the days you'll need a pep talk. All you can do is take it one day at a time. ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I'm  really hoping DS mellows out.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @nopegoat I'm  really hoping DS mellows out.
    How old is he again? 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @lappymom2019 oh she is full on crazycakes and incredibly irresponsible. I definitely did not feel comfortable having my child around her, knowing it was so easy for her to 'forget' a friggin loaded gun. She also has a lot of theories about UFOs and chem trails and assorted other tinfoil hat things. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I can't bring myself to go out in public in leggings or yoga pants. Jeans or similar only. It doesn't bother me seeing others in them but I just can't do it. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat we bedshare too! I would love to get this one in a crib, but DD2 would not sleep in one at all. She spent maybe 5 hours total in her crib. We bedshared and went straight to a floor bed. I know I will sleep better if this one will go in a crib (which will be in our room for at least 6 months) but I will not hesitate to hedshare for my own sanity. 

@msb615 same. I don’t even nuke it. I did a bunch of research when pregnant with DD1 and decided I feel comfortable with the level of risk (which is so so low - you’re more likely to get listeria from a bag of spinach). 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @k2k2tog I definitely never nuke it. My dr isn’t concerned with it, so I’m not either. I’m enjoying a Jimmy Johns sub now, and it is heaven! Pretty sure there was a recall on the bagged salad kits not long ago now that you mentioned it! 
  • @ibanezstarburst unless you just hate all cats, you would like my cat! He's chill, friendly, and cuddly. I totally get you though, I'm afraid of many dogs for the same reason, particularly big dogs. I've never been around them much so I'm just not comfortable. A few weekends ago we went on a woodsy walk through a dog friendly place and a biiiig dog ran at me and jumped on me. The owner seemed annoyed I was scared but like, excuse you, your giant animal just RAN AT ME.

@nopegoat I can do it in the fall/winter because fashion but in the spring/summer I only do that if I'm actually working out.

I let DH watch TV this morning so I could eat breakfast without whining. I'd made it 10.5 months without doing that yet. It was awesome. Though he lost interest after 5 minutes and went after the cat.

• @msb615 I pretty much only ate cold deli meat while pregnant with DD. All the veggies were being recalled for listeria, but none of the meats. I felt pretty safe 😂
  • I hardcore stalk the TTGP board. I seriously credit that board for our success conceiving DD#1. Picked up a copy of TCOYF and was like “ohhhh that’s how that works”. I feel super creepy following the board so closely.

Pregnancy Ticker