Trouble TTC

TTTC Check-In 9/19/18

New week, new thread! 

QOTW: Pumpkin spice everything—yea or nay?

2018 BFP Hall of Fame

lablover78 dx: PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR Rx: IVF

Tops-2: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, Letrozole & TI

halfanewt: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: IVF

seethosestars: dx: DOR Rx: IVF + FET #1

Kim41313: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF

soehlerk: dx: Unexplained Rx: Femara + IUI

Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid

SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained  Rx: naturally until IVF

honeybeebub: dx:septate uterus, MTHFR  Rx:  septum resection surgery, baby aspirin & progesterone

be08ryan:  dx: PCOS and AO Rx: Clomid

kiwielopingbride: Dx: Unexplained Rx: IUI

thothscribe81: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF

kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI

PAGING:

@BWhitta: dx: PCOS, low AMH and endo Rx: letrozole

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: IVF

@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI

@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI

@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle

@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx:  IVF

@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI

@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel

@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)

@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI

@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI

@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI

@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing

@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap

@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid

@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing

@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: IVF

@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF

@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects

@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger

@SP128: in testing/unexplained

@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin

@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid

@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing

@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing

@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing

@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole

@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF

@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF

@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid

@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI

@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI

@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements

@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing

@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.

@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid

@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally

@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI

@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI

@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.

@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger

@serownarain: dx: in testing

@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing

@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF

@mirabelle33 dx: DOR, possible endo Rx: TBD

@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test

@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster

@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger

@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing

@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF

@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger

@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?

@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF

@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid

@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara

@inthewoods23 - dx:MFI. Rx: pending.

@sincethelastday - dx: irregular cycles, low morphology. Rx: Femara

@sailorariel - dx: submucosal fibroids. Rx: potential surgery or medicated cycle

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current Rx plan?

Re: TTTC Check-In 9/19/18

• @Bababatty thanks for getting us started on a new thread! I know you mentioned in the last thread that you would have to phone the clinic last Friday if AF hadn’t shown up yet and to ask about the potential of cancellation. Any update if things are still a go? I sure hope so!! 

@funkykey thinking of you during this TWW - hope you’ve had enough good, pleasant distractions to get you through the weeks! 

@ChristenMA83 your comment about infertility and how less naive you feel now definitely feels relatable. I started a ttc journal a couple of years ago to write down my thoughts during this journey and looking back on it I can’t believe how embarrassingly naive I was with what testing was going to look like and what was to come. And I know the naivety will surely continue! 

@mirabelle33 is the next step waiting for your Sept 27 and 28 appointments or is there something that needs to happen before then? Not too far away! 

AFM: AF started today and I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited to get my period in my life lol! It seems like all the waiting over the past 2 and half years has finally come to a halt and I can finally start a treatment. I’ll start taking Femara in a couple of days and am so excited to finally be doing something as simple as poping a pill for a few days! 

**TW** On a side note, DH and I are hosting a couple for dinner on Saturday; the guy is a very good college friend of DH and his wife is okay, but I find her hard to relate to (or like sometimes). She is very focused on status. She “needed” the nicest car, “needed” the brand new, gorgeous house, and just has very high taste. I admit that I have found myself jealous of her sometimes just due to how she always seems to have it together and has such nice things (I know that must sound quite superficial). So, of course, she’s now pregnant. And I’m just dreading this dinner. Cause I know we’ll hear all about the plans for the nursery and baby shower and blah, blah, blah, but also because I’m just dreading potentially being asked when we’ll start trying for kids. I know I’ll suck it up and ask her out of politeness how she’s feeling and will comment that she looks great, but I just wish I could just ignore her current state. Anyways, this was partly to complain, but also to ask for any good vibes/advice when it comes to this dinner so that I don’t end up saying something that I’ll regret. 

QOTW: I don’t mind pumpkin spiced drinks, etc, but it does seem over the top. I would much prefer chocolate/peanut butter or mint chocolate obsessions instead lol
  • @sincethelastday Good luck at the dinner. That sounds rough. I've known those kinds of people and it's draining to deal with them. I don't have any useful advice for you, unfortunately, except maybe to ask your husband for help. Maybe he can help change the subject if it gets too uncomfortable. I know I get emotional and it comes through in my tone of voice even when I am trying to be polite so I find the less that I say, the better.

AFM: I just got an appointment for a second ultrasound, this one is a sonohystogram? Or something, it involves fluid. So I guess they're taking a closer look. Also my husband has paperwork to get tested but he hasn't made an appointment yet. I don't want to keep nagging him about getting it done but I'm also frustrated that I am doing all of these invasive tests and procedures and he won't go do one little test. He has two kids already but they're basically grown so it's not a guarantee that he is still, er, fertile?

Anyway, I got a positive OPK today but I guess I'm benched for this cycle because of the test next week. Also emotionally preparing myself to go out of town for my grandfather's funeral this weekend. He passed a month ago and I am mostly at peace (he had cancer for a long time and survived longer than expected) but being with my family will bring up feelings again. And of course relatives always have to inject drama.

QOTW: Not a fan of pumpkin spice anything except the occasional pie. But I will take anything peach!
  • Loading the player...
  • @sincethelastday AF showed up with a vengeance on Friday! Talk about timing. I had my baseline appointment Saturday and so far so good. Back on Thursday for more b/w. Thanks for asking!

Hooray for AF! I love getting AF for treatment cycles because it’s like, finally we can move! Good luck! 

As for the dinner, I’d give her maybe 5 minutes and then try to change the subject. Agreed that you should enlist YH’s help with that. If you’re in a really bad mood (or you just want to be honest) and they ask when you’ll start a family, you could tell them you’re doing infertility treatments. I for one have been dying to trot out “I don’t know, i’ll Ask my RE when he thinks my uterus will stop murdering embryos. I’ll ask at my next u/s and you’ll be the first to know.” So you could go really passive aggressive if you want, haha!

@sailorariel OMG to YH. I’d start threatening to make the appointment for him. Or do what I do to DH when he forgets his vitamins, “I have to do all the invasive tests and all you have to do is rub one out in a cup. Could you please just do this ONE THING?!” Works like a charm.
  • @Bababatty loving your saltiness right now  :D

About the dinner, i agree with what's been said - i go two ways in that situation, either total avoidance or total brutal honesty.  @sincethelastday just remember it isn't your job to acknowledge or discuss her pregnancy - feel total freedom from that.

qotw: i like a pumpkin bread pretty much year round but i don't go for the drinks/cereals/god knows what else they are pumpkin-ing these days.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @sailorariel do you have to wait long for the sonohystogram? I hope you get some answers that can help with moving forward! I’m also sorry to hear about your grandfather! And, yeah, it seems like funerals can either bring out the best or worst in family; hope your relatives don’t cause too much strife. 

@Bababatty what a relief that must have been getting AF when you did!! Hope things continue to progress nicely! FX crossed! 

@sailorariel, @Bababatty , @wishing-and-hoping  thanks for the advice on the dinner. I actually arranged things so I’m making most of the dinner, so I can quickly excuse myself if I need a break from her to tend to the food lol. I also go back and forth between being honest or just avoiding the IF topic. I mostly just avoid it because I dread getting unasked for advice or just ignorant comments. But to be honest, when it comes to someone like this woman, I actually don’t think she should have the privilege to know about our IF journey. I feel only telling certain people I trust gives me some control in a situation I feel I hardly have any control over. Saying all that, there’s also a part of me that wants to embarrass her for even asking about us ttc by being brutally honest. I actually day dream sometimes of putting people in their place when they ask insensitive questions, but I never get the guts to actually do it. 
  • mirabelle33mirabelle33 member
    edited September 2018
    @sincethelastday We have nothing to do now but wait for our appointments at the end of next week. Well, I suppose we should make an effort to try naturally since it is FW, but I'm not going to exert myself too much :D

Yay for AF and finally being able to start treatment! That's always exciting! GL and I'm keeping my fx for you!

In regards to the dinner party, I agree with others that you should keep the discussion about her situation to a minimum and also definitely get YH to help with that. It sounds like you've already built in a good escape plan if needed! Also, I'm totally on the same page with you when it comes to only telling people you trust about IF. I've made a few exceptions for friends that I'm not particularly close to, but only if I know they also had trouble conceiving. Thankfully it's been mostly a positive thing, but it does not sound like that would be the case here. Maybe you can come up with some word or phrase to use when you need to escape to the kitchen that will let YH know to change the subject by the time you're back?

@sailorariel I had to do that test at the end of May and it's not so bad. It's basically like a regular ultrasound except the doctor will inject some fluid into your uterus to get a better picture. I had to do it twice because the fluid came out so quickly the first time, but it wasn't painful aside from some mild cramping.

I'm sorry, that's really frustrating about your YH. I don't have any advice other than to play the guilt trip card like others have said, but I hope he gets it together and makes his appointment soon.

My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your grandfather. I lost mine a couple years ago and I miss him dearly. I hope the funeral will be more uplifting than you're anticipating. {{hugs}}

@Bababatty I'm glad to hear your body is cooperating so far this time!! Hope your b/w comes back good today!

@wishing-and-hoping I hope things are going well with you!

@funkykey Thinking of you <3

QOTW: Pumpkin spice everything—yea or nay? It's a nay for me. I always hated pumpkin pie growing up and chose to totally ignore this trend when it started. Actually, I can't believe it's still hanging on. I know it was around before I moved to France, which is going on 8 years now!
    Me: 37 DH: 35
    Married since February 2012
    TTC since February 2017
    10 natural cycles = all BFN
    Dx: weak ovulation with possible LPD; Rx: Clomid (4 rounds); Puregon + Ovidrel + TI (3 rounds)
    7 medicated cycles (see above) = BFN
    During the last medicated cycle, they found a small cyst on an ovary and ordered an MRI to check for endometriosis
    May 2018 switched to an RE and did more testing while trying naturally
    8 natural cycles = BFN
    Dx: AMA, endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR; Rx: IVF
    October 2018, IVF #1 = 4 ER, 2 M, 1 F
    10/25/18 Transfer of 1, 8-cell 3-day embryo = CP :'(
  • I like pumpkin spice, but I don't understand the trend.

@sincethelastday - Ugh, haha! One of my best friends married a guy who is, err, a little immature. And his immaturity sometimes manifests itself in confusing status symbols with success and personal worth. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it, but in the meantime, DH does not enjoy dinners or parties with them. So I kind of understand, and I think you are a good wife for hosting this dinner! Good luck!

ps. I can understand how you'd be a little jealous sometimes, and I don't think it seems superficial. I was just looking at our bank account, and thinking about all of the things we gave up for IVF and all of the sacrifices we will make to pay for IVF, and I honestly wished I could have spent it all on something totally superficial, like new furniture, or upholstery for our car that would be easier to clean.

@sailorariel - I'm sorry about your grandfather. I'd definitely be frustrated with my H if he was dragging his heels about his testing. 

@Bababatty - I hope BW today goes well!

@mirabelle33 - oh man, still waiting on appointments? I thought waiting til the 11th was hard enough!

AFM: still no PGS results. Hopefully next week.
  • @mirabelle33 oooh, a code word! Sounds like fun; like being a spy! Lol. Seriously though, that’s a clever tip! Hope the remaining waiting time goes by super fast! 

@funkykey believe me, I wish I could be a crappy wife and not host this dinner, but this couple had had us over to their place quite a few times, so we really needed to do the same. I actually wanted to get this dinner over with while she’s still pregnant as I think it would be too hard once she actually has the baby. At least our dining room table will block out me seeing her bump all dinner  :p
  • QOTW: Pumpkin spice. nope 

AFM: Have education day on 25th for IVF
  • @drewsdarlin Hope you find the IVF education day helpful! 
  • @drewsdarlin Hope you find the IVF education day helpful! 
    Thank you 
  • @sincethelastday - how was the dinner?
  • @funkykey Hey! Thanks for asking! Not nearly as bad as I was anticipating (which is usually the case as I tend to be overly pessimisstic when it comes to things like this). I asked her a couple of questions about how she’s doing, if she knows the sex of the baby, etc. and she really didn’t go on for too too long. She actually started talking more about her trips to Australia and New York City soon, so that was way more manageable to hear her go on about lol. So, sorry, no juicy details or stories I can relay to you ladies lol  :p

What about you?! Have you had any news about the PGS results?
  • @sincethelastday - no news from me yet, still waiting. 
    Glad to hear it wasn't so bad! I do that too re: thinking things are going to be worse than they are for things like that. 
  • @funkykey <3<3<3 That is FANTASTIC!! Congratulations!! When will your FET be?

@sincethelastday I’m so glad the dinner went well!
  • @funkykey that’s wonderful to hear!!  :smiley::smiley:
  • funkykeyfunkykey member
    edited September 2018
    @Bababatty - I'm aiming for November.

Thanks guys!

ETA: I'm feeling hopeful about it. I mean, I'm still pretty nervous - if we had so many normals, were the last 3 normal too? Is there something off with my uterus? But I feel very grateful that we have another few chances.
  • @funkykey wonderful news!! I'm so happy to hear this and glad that this turned out so well for you  <3

Will you be trying anything different before your transfer or sticking to the same protocol as last time?
    Me: 37 DH: 35
    Married since February 2012
    TTC since February 2017
    10 natural cycles = all BFN
    Dx: weak ovulation with possible LPD; Rx: Clomid (4 rounds); Puregon + Ovidrel + TI (3 rounds)
    7 medicated cycles (see above) = BFN
    During the last medicated cycle, they found a small cyst on an ovary and ordered an MRI to check for endometriosis
    May 2018 switched to an RE and did more testing while trying naturally
    8 natural cycles = BFN
    Dx: AMA, endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR; Rx: IVF
    October 2018, IVF #1 = 4 ER, 2 M, 1 F
    10/25/18 Transfer of 1, 8-cell 3-day embryo = CP :'(
  • @funkykey HAPPY DANCE!!!!  3 more chances!  Fingers crossed for November!
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • @funkykey Glad to hear the good news. Wishing you luck for your transfer!

@sincethelastday Whew, your dinner didn't sound so bad. That's a relief.

AFM: I got through my grandfather's memorial and seeing extended family without too much drama. Then today I had the SIS and the new doctor said she definitely saw one of the fibroids obstructing my uterus, not as large as the polyp and other fibroids I already had removed, but still a candidate for removal. She will consult with the other two doctors and see if they recommend surgery, but it certainly seems like a possibility right now.

Everyone who sees my fibroids keeps asking if I have horrible periods. I know that's a symptom of fibroids but to be honest my periods were not very heavy/painful for the last several years. But after the first surgery, I have had three cycles now and they were much heavier, lots of cramping and clots. I have told the doctors and they just scratched their heads like huh, that's weird. I don't know if it is because I still have two fibroids (one is small and out of the way, they may not need to remove it) but it wasn't what I expected. Who knows what will happen with another surgery?
  • @sailorariel slow and steady it seems like you’re getting some answers (I’m sure not fast enough though!). Did your doctor give you any idea when she’ll let you know the plan, like if they’re suggesting another surgery? That’s also frustrating about the response from the medical team about your AF questions. It would be nice if they could give you a little more of a helpful response then that! 

Hope you get some answers soon and, that if surgery ends up being the route you go, it ends up being the last one!!