Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro Thread W/O 9/24

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community! 
Image result for welcome gif

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

Re: Newbie Intro Thread W/O 9/24

• Options
    Hi there! I've read plenty of articles on The Bump and my friend who's currently pregnant raves about the app tracking her pregnancy. My husband and I have been TTC for about 4 months now (I'm counting it after my 1st period after my IUD was removed, since that started less than a week later). It's way more stressful than I imagined and I don't have anyone I can really talk to about it, so... here I am!

Ages: 30 (me), 28 (DH)
    TTC: 4 months
    WAYDTGKU: BBT, EOD, HIO (I tried OPKs for a few months, but NEVER got a positive OPK. The most I got was a faint line. I read that they're not always accurate, so I moved to BBT tracking)
    All About Us: We've been married for almost 4 years. No kids, 2 cats, both working full-time jobs and volunteering on the side. We like to ride bikes and walk in the nature preserve near our house when it's not raining. We love traveling, but are more than ready to put that on hold for baby time.

Anyway, it'd be nice to hear from other women who are TTC and having no luck. I know that 4 months is not long in the grand scheme of things, but my work BFF got pregnant by NTNP only a few months after she got married, so it's been hard to watch her proceed in her pregnancy while we're still trying. Even though I logically know that she's older and they were purposely NTNP, I still wish we were going through it together. The fact that we've been married 3 times as long and went through all the proper steps in the right order (dated 2 years, engaged 1 year, married 2 years before we bought a house, waited 1.5 years after that before we started TTC) is tough to swallow when you're finally ready.
  • Options
    @catheriner523 - Welcome to the board! I hope your stay here is not long and you get your BFP soon. I understand how frustrating it can be to be actively TTC when other it just happens to them. Just remember it can take a healthy couple up to 12 months to actually conceive, but I know how hard it is to wait. When you were doing OPKs were you testing twice a day? Some ladies only get a 12 hour LH surge and it can be hard to catch.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @catheriner523 Welcome! You’ve come to the right place to vent frustration and find support. There’s such a wealth of knowledge here... I feel like I learn something new every time I visit.
  • Options
    sakshi0106sakshi0106 member
    edited September 2018
    Hello! I have been an avid lurker since long! Finally I am ready to say hello to everyone here

Months TTC: 3 

WAYDTGKU: BBT, prenatals, CoQ10, red raspberry leaf tea, recently started OPK

All about us: We have been married for 3.5 yrs and we love travelling! 
    Other than that me and DH are big on Indian home cooked food and baking! We love dogs but are still waiting for our first pup! 

Hoping to get a BFP real soon! 
  • Options
    @catheriner523 just wanted to echo what @marebear15 said. It can take up to 12 months for a healthy couple to conceive. Also, if you were on a hormonal iud, it can take several months for your cycles to regulate and work things out. Welcome and I hope your stay isn’t long. 
  • Options
    @catheriner523 Welcome! I’ve only been actively commenting for about a month now, but it’s a good group here. *TW* We’ve had 10 pregnant friends this year, and every month, I feel like there is a new person pregnant -sometimes, even if they are just NTNP. I think a lot of us are with you on that. Good to have a group of people to vent to ❤️

@sakshi0106 Welcome!!!
    November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
    Image result for joey turkey friends
  • Options
    @catheriner523 welcome! I had my hormonal IUD pulled in June, so you are definitely not alone, and I can double-sympathize with the feeling of experiencing a second puberty what with getting your monthly hormone swings and AF for the first time in years. My OB said that they have to warn you that you can get KU right away because of the rare cases where it happens, but for most of us it takes a longer transition period for things to even out enough to even get reliable OPK results. I hope you aren't here for long, but the ladies of this board are truly amazing and will be with you every step of the frequently frustrating way.
  • Options
    Hello! This is my first time back using the boards since 2015. I've been lurking again for a couple weeks now and wanted to reintroduce myself! 

Ages: 29 (DH & self) 

How many months have you been TTC?: 1 month in to TTC  

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Prenatals, OPKs

Tell us about yourself! DH and I have been married 5 years, almost 6 now. We have a son who is 3 yo *TW* and our rainbow baby after a MC at 10 weeks during our first pregnancy.  We are both teachers, I teach kindergarten and he teaches HS social studies.  Oh, and we have 2 cats,  Ziva and Tonks. We are homebodies who love watching hulu and Netflix and having with our friends when we do get out! 

Excited to rejoin this community! 
    Me: 29  H: 30
    Married: 4/27/13 
    BFP: 9/16/2014 * EDD: 5/25/2015 * M/C: 10/29/14 @ 10w2d 
    BFP: 1/25/2015 * EDD: 9/27/2015 * DS: 10/3/15
    BFP: 1/13/19 * EDD: 9/28/2019

• Options
    Hello! I’ve been lurking for a while but figured I’d finally get the courage to introduce myself!!!

Ages (you and SO): I’m 29 and husband is 31!

How many months have you been TTC?: Actively trying for 1 month.

What are you doing to get knocked up: prenatals, metformin, charting.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have been with my husband for six years but had a long engagement and just got married last year. We have a sassy pup who has been by my side since college! We like to go off-roading in our Jeep, camping and enjoying nature. I love lifting weights in my free time as well! I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto’s and PCOS. Endocrinologist has been amazing through everything... I’ve gained a significant amount of weight and she’s put me on metformin to see if that’s the trick for us to conceive and if not she has a plan B-Z. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @sakshi0106 welcome! I’m so glad you decided to say hi. This place has a wealth of information. I look forward to getting to know you. 

@catheriner523 welcome! It is so frustrating to wait! I think we can all agree about that :) this is all of our hopes and dreams and we want it to happen as soon as we are ready! I hope you can find some peace along this journey and I also hope you get your BFP soon. 

@crs89  welcome back!! 

• Options
    Hello! I’ve been lurking for a while but figured I’d finally get the courage to introduce myself!!!

Ages (you and SO): I’m 29 and husband is 31!

How many months have you been TTC?: Actively trying for 1 month.

What are you doing to get knocked up: prenatals, metformin, charting.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I have been with my husband for six years but had a long engagement and just got married last year. We have a sassy pup who has been by my side since college! We like to go off-roading in our Jeep, camping and enjoying nature. I love lifting weights in my free time as well! I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto’s and PCOS. Endocrinologist has been amazing through everything... I’ve gained a significant amount of weight and she’s put me on metformin to see if that’s the trick for us to conceive and if not she has a plan B-Z. 
    Welcome! I’m so glad you introduced yourself. I have PCOS too. It definitely makes this TTC thing harder. The ladies on here have been a great wealth of knowledge for me. I hope your stay here is short. 
  • Options
    Hello and welcome @Knottie1432656604 ! We're glad to have you joining us. When you get a chance, it makes life a little easier to reply to you and get to know you if you can update your screen name. Instructions on how to do that are in the intro post pinned to the top of the board.
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited September 2018
    @spacepiraterunner thanks! I think I finally got it changed!
    TW
  • Options
    @antera23 that's a relief to hear! 
    TW
  • Options
    @catheriner523-Welcome!! I know exactly how you feel! This will be our 3rd month with OPKs. Fortunately, they've worked for me, in the sense of getting a positive surge, but still no luck with getting prego. :( I know some ladies have been waiting for years and sometimes I feel like an idiot for complaining over a few months. However, all of our friends now have kids and I just feel like we're falling behind...or being left behind. We've had 5 babies come into our group of friends so far this year. It is still hard to see that negative result every month...especially when you have a picture in your mind of how you're going to tell everyone. Someone on TB told me a few stats that made me feel better though-I don't remember the exact numbers but it was like 'a healthy couple has a 30% chance of getting pregnant each month IF you time everything right.' That made me realize each month we are more likely NOT to get pregnant. Try to hang in there...there are so many things that need to be just right in order for this to happen!

You may already know this (sorry if I'm repeating myself from a different thread but I think there are a lot of people out there who may not know this)-my dr told me to take the OPK between 10am and 2pm each day and try not to drink a lot within 2 hrs of taking it. I've also heard some women have a very short surge so you should test 2x a day to prevent from missing it. I always thought you should take the test first thing in the morning, but apparently your body does not create the chemical for this test that early in the day. Also, I'm using cheap ones from amazon (like $20 for 50 opks and 20 pregnancy tests)-just in case you wanted to try again and not spend a fortune! 
  • Options
    kelmhoneykelmhoney member
    edited September 2018
    Hi. 

I’m Kelly (32). We are on cycle 2 of ttc. We have a 3 year old daughter who took a year (13 cycles) to conceive so really hoping things go a little quicker this time! I didn’t really chart anything last cycle but I’m attempting to temp and using opks this time. Just really hoping to find some people to share this crazy stuff with! DH and a couple of my doctors are the only ones who know so it’s hard to keep it all to myself!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers