May 2019 Moms

Group 2 (EDD may 8-14) Check-In w/o 9/24

This thread is for those due May 8 - 14

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon?

Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 2 (EDD may 8-14) Check-In w/o 9/24

• Due date/W+D: 5/12  7 +1

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry or m&m

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an appointment on the second with the dr and then on the 12th with radiology for my first ultrasound. Anyone else have those done separately? Maybe it's just because the practice is so small. 

Rants/Raves?: H is being so good to me. We live on a farm and he has taken over so much of my heavy lifting jobs or the smelly ones without me having to ask. 

How are you feeling?: the nausea is real this week. Otherwise I'm feeling pretty ok  

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? we live next door (same farm) as my parents and my brother so anything is fine just for a little alone time before baby. Cant complain though because we will have all the help we need. 

• Loading the player...
  • @peachy13 I think something other than 2 would be nice. 
  • Due date/W+D: May 10th / 7+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appointment today with a nurse. It was good! I was happy to hear their plan for me given my pre-eclampsia issue last time. Doing a 24 urine collection for a baseline protein level. If anyone hasn't done one of those, it's a BLAST! *sarcasm*. Looking forward to our ultrasound next Wednesday!

Rants/Raves?: Rave: The weather this weekend was gorgeous and we spent a ton of time outside. Rant: So not feeling work this week. I just want to lay on the couch and nap. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling okay.. I wish I were actually craving something, but I just feel kind of blah. Nothing sounds appetizing. Nausea comes and goes. 

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? We went to Greece for our honeymoon which was amazing. I would love to do that again, but realistically not going to happen! 

@misskimsue Scotland will be a blast! Do you spend most holidays in France? We have fallen into an "every other year" routine, where DH's family comes here one year and then we go to France the next. Not sure if we'll keep up with that after baby #2 arrives. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This thread is for those due May 8 - 14

Due date/W+D: May 8th/7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): A headphone earbud today.

Any appointments? Questions?: First u/s is Wednesday morning!

Rants/Raves?: I was ranting for days about how ravenously hungry I felt, but then when I'd got to eat, I'd get nauseaus halfway through my meal. I've been fine the last few days though.

How are you feeling?: So anxious, and stressed. I'm equally excited for and dreading our appt on Wednesday morning. I'm terrified of what the results will be.

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? A beautiful, tropical beach. But it would have to be a solo babymoon, casue DH hates the beach lol. It isn't quite as appealing without a tropical drink in my hand though.

@secicc12 Greece made it onto my bucket list a couple of months ago. I can't stop dreaming about it now! It looks so beautiful!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @GeorgiaGirl1230 Fingers crossed for your ultrasound Wednesday! I bet everything will be perfect. We did Athens for a few days and then finished our trip in Santorini...seriously looks like a postcard! I would go back in a heartbeat. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 We don't usually go to France for the holidays, but we do go there pretty often. I feel like our oldest, who is 4, has already been there 3 times (although once was for a funeral). Every other year is what we would like to do going forward, but it is hard when you have to buy 4 tickets, which will soon be 5 for us. DH's family came the US once, but it's much less of a regular thing for them.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @misskimsue I can't imagine buying 5 tickets! We took DD for the first time this past July for her first birthday. She was a lap child (which was not pleasant) and the trip was still expensive. DH's family is good about coming here. Although when they do, they stay at our house for weeks at a time which is just stressful. Can't complain though, since they only see their son/brother once a year! Hopefully you guys can figure out a rhythm that works for you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 Traveling internationally with kids is just horrible. IMO it's just something you have to survive and then try to completely wipe from your mind, so that you can convince yourself to do it again next time. DH is always asking me, "Remember that time in the airplane..." NOPE, don't remember, completely blacked it out, and that's what works for me! Glad your husband's family makes it out often, though hosting definitely presents its own stresses!
  • Due Date/weeks: May 10; 7w3d but based on date of conception + 226 days I may be in group 1 (May 5 or May 7 depending on what day of trying was successful).

Baby is the size of a(n): raw piece of macaroni 

Any appointments? Questions?: Had our first nurse appointment today. Was honestly disappointed with how uneventful it was. Still don’t “feel” pregnant other than the symptoms. Was hoping I would after today.

Rants/Raves?: Found out during my nurse’s appointment that the anti-anxiety medication that I am on is unsafe during pregnancy. I’m pissed because I was specifically told when I started the medication that I was safe during pregnancy, which was why I went with it. Now, I have to go anxiety medication free until my PCP returns my call and orders me a new prescription. I’m pissed and so nervous and I just want to cry!  :'( 

How are you feeling?: Other than the above emotional response, I am sick with a cold that hit most of our school butnis hitting me much harder since I’m pregnant, so working is miserable right now. The sinus pressure headache can go away any day now and the lack of appetite can also go away. I’d rather be nauseas than not hungry! 

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? I’d be happy with spending a night in the hotel we stayed at when we got married. I stayed in an amazing suite that weekend and would love to do it again. It has a huge soaker claw-foot fun for two.  ;) 

• @troystory17 my bil gets married on October 6. I’m dreading trying to hide it and not making the day about me. I usually drink at weddings, especially with my DH’s family so I have no idea how to cover it. Plus, the exhaustion. Oh, and the baby bump I’m already starting to get! I mean, I’m super tiny so I look PREGNANT already at the end of the day. Wishing you luck at your wedding!
  • @poshspice I suffered from severe morning sickness (otherwise known as all day sickness) with both DS1 and DS2, all the way into the third trimester. Unisom before going to bed helped me through and I hope it works for you, too. I bought some the other day and I will be taking it tonight... I also spent the better part of the weekend in bed and I've been sick all day today, too. Wishing you a great scan on Monday so that you can relax and enjoy your wedding trip!
  • @poshspice I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible...sometimes constant nausea is almost worse than just throwing up and getting it over with. I hope you feel better soon! And yes, I had pre-e last pregnancy and was induced at 35 weeks. Hoping to avoid that mess again!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @misskimsue thank you! I really hope the unisom+B6 starts working better soon. 

@secicc12 so sorry to hear you had the pre-e last go round. I hope you don't have to deal with that again, but sounds like a good thing your care team is being extra careful and proactive about it. 
    Ticker

• @mrskoz428 So sorry to hear about your medication- what a stressful thing for you to find out. But at least you learned this early on and can work with your doctor to find a better solution. Hang in there!
  • Hey @JennZed and @GeorgiaGirl1230, we are due date triplets I guess!! 

Due date/W+D: May 8th/ 7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): an earbud from a headphone 

Any appointments? Questions?: My appointment was supposed to be today, but nurse called last week and said it had to be rescheduled b/c doc would be out of office today, so I had to reschedule for next Monday Oct 1st. 😭😢 Very sad I have to wait a whole extra week.

Rants/Raves?: Had a very busy last week and this week looks to be just as busy. Happy to today and tomorrow off to rest and relax.

How are you feeling?: Not like myself, a bit yucky, very tired, hungry, but not finding anything I want to eat.

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? Funny enough, DH gave me his phone so I could call this healthy pregnancy hotline, and while I was on hold, I went to google search something and best babymoon ideas and when is the latest PG women can fly were in the search history!! I would love to go back to Jamaica where we had our honeymoon. We don't repeat vacations, but I really want to go back there, one of our top trips ever!

• @misskimsue we’ll see how quickly they return my call but I know how dangerous my thoughts get without my meds. It’s going to be a long day.
  • Due date/W+D: 7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments til next month

Rants/Raves?: Well, I basically passed out on the bathroom floor at work yesterday morning with sudden, intense pain and bleeding. So, the whole office basically knows I'm pregnant and saw me get carted off by an ambulance. Not the way I planned to announce...

How are you feeling?: Crappy. Cramping and spotting from this stupid subchorionic hemorrhage 

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? I don't care, anything involving me and SO and no kids or dogs. We went to Eureka Springs this past weekend and it was super chill and lovely. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • mrskoz428 said:
    @misskimsue we’ll see how quickly they return my call but I know how dangerous my thoughts get without my meds. It’s going to be a long day.
    I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. FX that you find an alternative that works. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @sleepy33 thank you! I called the nurse line today and they had no record that I ever called. I may have sent some swear words in an email to the customer service department.
  • mrskoz428 said:
    @sleepy33 thank you! I called the nurse line today and they had no record that I ever called. I may have sent some swear words in an email to the customer service department.
    I support this

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: May 10, 7w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): jellybean 

Any appointments? Questions?: My dating ultrasound is tomorrow finally!!!! 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: nope Rave: too tired to rave 

How are you feeling?: My nausea has been much less than before this week, really freaks me out thinking something is wrong but ultrasound tomorrow should relieve the anxiety. Maybe I’m just getting better at treating my nausea, the big triggers were stress and getting too hungry and the anti depressants I was on. I’ve come off my medication safely now and seem to be doing good emotionally. ( it was infertility related depression) 

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? I would love to travel, but probably not somewhere too far, maybe for a night. I’m such a homebody! 

• Due date/W+D:  5/11 7w3D

Baby is the size of a(n): uncooked macaroni

Any appointments? Questions?: first appt is Thursday! Kind of nervous because I moved since my last pregnancy, so this is a brand new OB. I hope I like her. And I hope she lets me go by my 5/11 due date (based on ovulation) and doesn’t try to go by my LMP (my cycles are 1 week longer than most and bc of that, I was induced with my first)

Rants/Raves?: announcing to our families this weekend! 

How are you feeling?: bleh. Tired, queasy, all food is gross, thirsty all the time, sore nipples, super bloated

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? My go-to vacation is always the Vosges in France, so I guess that is where I would go. 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Due date/W+D: May 14, 7+1

Baby is the size of a(n): m&m

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound this Friday. 

Rants/Raves?: DH brought home chocolate cake yesterday which would normally be a rave but unfortunately I am just not feeling sweets right now at all. 

How are you feeling?: Nausea comes and goes. It’s better some days than others. Otherwise not too bad.

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? Hmm, I’d love to have a couple nights without DS in a pool villa in Thailand, but there’s no way that’s happening lol. I’d settle for a small family vacation somewhere not too far away though.

• Due date/W+D: Due May 11/ 7+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Jelly Bean

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound Friday & First Prenatal Monday!

Rants/Raves?: Rant- SO TIRED. Was never this tired with DS.

How are you feeling?: Other than pure exhaustion, just feel gross.

We love the mountains! Finding anytime to go to the hot springs all summer our go to, would love to go before baby gets here.

• Due date/W+D: Due May 11/ 7+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Jelly Bean

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound Friday & First Prenatal Monday!

Rants/Raves?: Rant- SO TIRED. Was never this tired with DS.

How are you feeling?: Other than pure exhaustion, just feel gross.

We love the mountains! Finding anytime to go to the hot springs all summer our go to, would love to go before baby gets here.

Ooooh, are you in Colorado? I'm a sucker for hot springs!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @sleepy33 Actually we live in Alberta, Canada. 
  • Due date/W+D: May 14, 6w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee

Any appointments? Questions?: US + OB appointment on October 16

Rants/Raves?: Everyone is always talking about Chick Fil-A and I had never been (the first one in our state just showed up a couple of years ago). For some reason, last Friday, it was the only thing I wanted to eat, so I made the drive and ate a ton of food. Well, I threw it all up a few hours later. Aaaaand, now I won't be eating that again for a long, long time. (Not a statement against CFA food, just another sad casualty of pregnancy puking).

How are you feeling?: Tired and nauseous, all the time.

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? We are actually going to Scotland for Christmas and New Year and I can't think of a better babymoon! Well, is it really a babymoon if I'm bringing my two kids? I think so; I'm grateful to be going, since Scotland is one of my favorite places on earth and we'll be spending the holidays with my whole family and my husband's family (my sister lives in the UK and DH's family in France). I went to college in Scotland, but haven't been back in a number of years, so this is an ideal vacation for me.

Where in France is your husband’s family from? I was born in Clermont-Ferrand and my family is from the Alsace region. 🇫🇷

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• @jarethinafrock No way! DH's family is from Guebwiller. We met while I was studying abroad in Strasbourg. What a small world! I noticed your kid's names were French in the Pregnancy Announcements thread. Do you go back to France often?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • misskimsuemisskimsue member
    edited September 2018
    @jarethinafrock My husband is from Lyon. I love Alsace! The French connection is alive here! We should just go ahead and rename Group 2 "Les Bleus" 🇫🇷 ! I also noticed your kids' names were French - my younger son's middle name is the same as your son's name. Small world, guys!
  • Due date/W+D: May 9th, 7w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry, Raspberry tomorrow

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment is on Oct 12

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: So tired, nauseous, and bloated

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What is your ideal babymoon? Any tropical location or if staying around New England, definitely Nantucket

Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @misskimsue Les Bleus! I love it. Also thrilled to eventually talk french baby names 😍 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 @misskimsue wow, that is crazy! Allez les Bleus indeed! :) And that’s awesome that you are both familiar with the region! We should plan a meetup in Strasbourg! :) I was there in March and I go back about once every 2 years (before kids it was more often). I love that place: best food, best wine, gorgeous countryside. it’s truly heaven on earth! 💕

• Due date/W+D: May 14th my bday is the 16th and my sisters wedding is the 11th so hopefully it doesnt fall on either of those days 

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry for now

Any appointments? Questions?: Official appointment Oct 8th 

Rants/Raves?: food disgusts me, nausea, hungry all the time but cant eat, no energy, this is rough :( cant believe how much my boobs hurt haha 

Reveal to my parents was the big highlight

How are you feeling?: miserable to say the least and wondering how to get out of work to buy more time in bed

GTKY: [Stolen from Group 4] What i:neutral: your ideal babymoon? Cant even think about this yet :( but want to make sure I get to the beach at some point.