December 2018 Moms

Check In Week of 9/24 (EDD 12/1-12/8

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: Professional birth and new born pics - yay or neigh and why?

Re: Check In Week of 9/24 (EDD 12/1-12/8

• Loading the player...
  • @mag1cbeli3ver Way to go on the freezer meals!! We have a lot of meat in our freezer but I’d like to add lasagna and pizzas and stuff. 
  • @AGK2015 LOL!! You look like you did work Mamma and baby looks soooooo cute!!!! 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?

30+5, baby is big

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Nothing new for me. I feel very tired & my will power on making good food choices is tanking.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

I am picking out girl & boy options for things I want to order once baby comes from Etsy. So, once baby is born I can erase the options for whatever sex it isn't and get the things ordered. I am getting a custom 3D wooden name sign, blanket & stuffed animal. If it's a boy, the colors will be green, brown & navy and if it's a girl I think I'm going with dark purple, turquoise & gray. I guess the planner in me still plans even when I don't know what I am having.

GTKY: Professional birth and new born pics - yay or neigh and why?

Nah.  I'm too cheap for birth pics and wouldn't want another person in there anyway. I'll have my sister take some nice pictures of us as a family in the room later. As for newborn, I take my own. I'm an amateur with a DSLR, but all I want is 1-3 nice shots which isn't worth hundreds of dollars to me. I took a few decent ones with DS.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @temmetime I think your color combos sounds great, whether it's a boy or a girl!And willpower for healthy food - that totally left me weeks ago! I just want all the yummy carbs!

@AGK2015 Wowzers! I just want to smoosh her chunky checks! So adorable!

@countrygirl624 Hope the day care visit went well and the sticker-shock wasn't too bad!

@kadeephd I'm sure you'll get the hang of those test strips in no time! FX everything looks good when you go back to the dr next week!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @mag1cbeli3ver I think I may actually be getting worse at testing!  It's so hard for me to get enough blood for the test even with the lancet set to the highest level.  I wind up manually pricking myself most times to get enough blood.  I will say that having to write down everything I am eating and monitor my blood sugar has definitely improved my diet.  I am probably not supposed to have altered it too much, but I can't graze all day like I normally would since I need to fast 2 hours after meals.  I also question whether that bunch of chocolate chips and raisins is worth writing down and usually decide it isn't.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mag1cbeli3ver It went well! The woman who’s the Asst. Director of the center went to HS with my husband so he felt really good about baby girl going there. We liked how clean it was and the location is perfect for us. It’s $280 a week which wasn’t bad at all - IMO. They’re also accredited so I know she will learn a ton. I am going to check out another place close to our house next week but my husband has already decided! Haha!

Are you staying at home or are searching for care?
  • hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited September 2018

How far along are you? How big is baby30+2! Whaaaa! Zucchini, says TB. 

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? I'm feeling good, symptom-wise. My brain is on overload though... work, bathroom renovation, prepping baby stuff. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Rant slash rave: I think I've finally convinced/guilted DH into just doing our second bath reno himself, piece by piece. We've been trying to get a contractor in for months now and they're all booked up around here or just bail (because they're so booked up). A coworker's dad came over last night and told me exactly everything to do and how—he's a master craftsman but doesn't have availability until DECEMBER! The GD finger-pricking has gotten old. I've been eating right and managing my numbers well.... I'm going to ask my doctor tomorrow if I can forgo the monitoring.  :# She will say no but I'm going to ask anyway, haha. And maybe cry. 

GTKY: Professional birth and newborn pics - yay or neigh and why? YAY (eta: to newborn pics) but I will never be yay-ing when I pay them, haha. The market is pretty saturated where I live and still, they get away with charging a crapton. I do it because I want to have great quality photos. I'm sentimental af. Birth pictures, nope. I love looking at others' but I don't anyone other than my medical team and H with me. 

• @mag1cbeli3ver  PLEASE share your recipes and directions! Calzones, apple crisp and breakfast wraps, in particular! I'm going to eat all the things postpartum. 

@countrygirl624 EEK! I've never thought about the full-term milestone. Wowwww! 

@kadeephd Ha! I didn't read your post before I made mine - +1 on the screwing up readings. Morning is always really hard for me, I have stick myself so many times and usually end up going with a high lancet setting. I have no pain tolerance though and it suuuucks. 
    I hope you don't have to monitor after Wednesday. 

• @hoosiermama_2 I know what you mean.  This morning I was questioning whether I actually had any blood in my hands.  Some people have to do this all the time!  I guess you would get used to it, but it does suck.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @countrygirl624 I'm glad you both liked it and have a place already! Eventually baby will be going to daycare. But between my time off, DH's FMLA, and then summer break (I teach at a college), we won't need anything for him until the end of August! We've looked at a couple of places. My favorite so far was right on campus, but it's like $180 for 2 days a week. 2 days!! Grumble.

@hoosiermama-2 I will definitely share once I get home and have access to the recipes! I hope the bathroom reno goes well and you can get it all wrapped up before baby comes!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @mag1cbeli3ver Wow that’s awesome you can wait til August!! Our LO will start in April or end of March depending on how good she is! Hahaha! My husband owns his own landscaping and does plow in the winter but it’s still pretty slow. So he is going to take care of her when I go back to work - I’m taking 9 weeks. Not a lot but it’s 100% paid with vacation and maternity leave combined.