Late Term and Child Loss

When to start trying again after loss of a child during labour

I recently lost my child during labour and I’m thinking of the best time to start trying again. Anyone in my condition?

Re: When to start trying again after loss of a child during labour

• @chimaky I am so indescribably sorry for your loss. Our losses came at different stages, my son died at 7 weeks old on August 31st, but the question of TTC is the same. Unfortunately you are the only one who can decide when is the right time. For me it was immediately. My husband and I talked it through as part of coping with our grief and established that our feelings on the topic were not driven by trying to replace him, but moreso to honor all the things he taught us (also that we have an overwhelming need to hold our own baby again). We started TTC the day after we got home from the hospital our son was at. All I can offer is that if you're healthy enough to carry again, and you've thought about the impact on yourself and your family, then there is no proper time to TTC. It's what feels right for you and yours. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Can I ask what his/ her name was (is, and always will be?). For me, just knowing other people say my son Ziggy's name out loud still brings me some comfort. I'd like to do that for you so he/ she is remembered by as many people as possible. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • I lost my child a year and a half ago! I went into labor at 37 weeks and there was no heartbeat I am now 6 weeks pregnant again. I have a doctor taking many precautions and doing multiple ultrasounds right now since baby is measuring smaller than should but has a strong heartbeat. I don’t know when best time is and I am super sorry to hear about your loss.