February 2019 Moms

Weekend randoms 9/22-9/23

2»

Re: Weekend randoms 9/22-9/23

• @eggsandwich2019 yeah, the whole system is such a hustle. I’m in English. My husband has a TT job, and I’m currently postdoc-ing at a university 3.5 hours from where he works. That drive gets tiring, to say the least. 
  • edited September 2018
    @jessier19 ugh not ideal when you could probably use more daily support and fewer tiring car trips. Well, we can support each other through both the pregnancy and the horrendous humanities job market! Keep me posted on how things go for you :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • If i had unlimited funds, I’d totally buy this! 

• @eggsandwich2019 yes! Keep me posted on how things go for you too! good luck :smile:
  • The blood drawing bruising is making me dread when I need iron infusions towards the end of pregnancy....

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @megpants209 first, I’m so jealous. I LOVE London. I studied abroad there and have been back many times. There are several options available by train if you want even less hassle than a flight! You can get to Paris, Brussels, Edinburgh, Cardiff, etc within a couple hours via train. We had great experiences with that. I also flew to Spain and the Czech Republic and those were both easy trips. If you have any other questions let me know! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We spent our first day and night away from DS for a wedding this weekend. The hotel bed was way too soft so I slept like crap and we still had to be up by 8 to drive home. I had such high hopes for this awesome day and now I’m just exhausted from a road trip and terrible night of sleep. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • ugh @bww_0331 that would be disappointing.  :s 

• Friday night I got some sort of stomach bug. I think. I ate like crap earlier that day, maybe I triggered it. Or maybe it was just time (I always try to explain why I get sickness lol). Knock on wood it could have been much, much worse, but it still wasn't fun. Barely ate yesterday. At least can eat today, but it is very little. At least I can move around today- yesterday I could barely keep my eyes open. Fun times. Pity me?
  • @ohsunnydays I’m sorry you’re feeling so rotten! It seems unreasonable to have to deal with sickness on top of pregnancy