January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 9/17

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 9/17

• Options
    thanks @saltedcaramel518! So far s2 of Up and Vanished hasn't been as good. I enjoy a good binge, so I'm jumping into Dirty John to see if I like it :)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @wkuandrea - did you see serial season 3 started today! I listened to the first 2 episodes at work today. I started listening to teachers pet, but I can't get through it.  It's an interesting story.  I listened to the second season of In the Dark and it was really good!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dirty John was really good!  Sometimes those stories drive me bananas with how they go in circles because people are so stupid, but that podcast really kept moving forward. There were small interjections of personal opinion, too, which was good.
  • Options
    @wkuandrea - did you see serial season 3 started today! I listened to the first 2 episodes at work today.
    Yes, I was waiting to build a few episodes up! :) I listened to a teaser episode through NPR though and can't wait.

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    A tornado hit my hometown in Minnesota tonight.  :'( Thankfully my parents are safe and there is no damage to their house, just a downed power line. Lots of damage and trees down throughout the city from what I see online (we live about an hour away and are currently on vacation).
  • Options
    Glad everyone is a ok @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt just getting caught up on the boards. Went on a mini vacation with DS to visit my girlfriend in Florida. DS was sick but he did great on the plane both ways and slept well down there for the most part. The red tide just hit the beaches near my friend the day or 2 before we flew down so that was a bummer. We let the kids play in the sand but didnt stay long because of the smell. We still had a good time though.  And I just read through the May 19 board and I almost couldn't get through it lol. I'll probably lurk there and see what other drama  unfolds
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt so glad to hear your parents and their house is safe. That has to be so scary!

Somebody recommended the podcast Radiolab and their gonads series. It was super interesting. I also like to listen to Happier. I need to make more time for podcasts!
  • Options
    So yesterday morning there was another mass shooting that hit way too close to home - it was 15 miles north of where I live and is the third one in my general area in a year.  The first one was a small office and I didn't know anyone involved, the second one was the result of a news story that was written by my cousin's BIL and his picture was all over national news for days.  Then I wake up this morning to see that the woman who orchestrated the one yesterday lived in an apartment complex that is directly across the street from my neighborhood.  DH had to fight through media trucks to leave for work this morning (at 5:15) so I'm sure I'll have the same issues when I take DS to school.  This crap is too real and people are just crazy.
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 it's enough to make you buy a giant plot of land and build a commune and home school isn't it? 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 and @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt those are both horrible events. I'm so sorry for the added worry and stress :(  Glad to hear no one close to you was hurt in either event, but it still makes it seem all too close and too much when it's right there where you live. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @ladystout08 you aren't kidding.  I just hate that this is the norm for our kids.  And I wish the private island thing was a real possibility because I'd do it in a heartbeat!
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt so scary, glad to hear everyone is ok.

@bradleysmommy28 ick my anxiety in big crowds has been extra terrible lately because of exactly what you're talking about. Being pregnant just adds a huge additional layer of responsibility and self-preservation. Terrifying that we even need to think about it, but I'm always looking for an escape route if anything like that should happen. I almost didn't go to a concert a couple months ago because I'm so scared about shootings, and none have happened here for a while! There was a bomb threat like a year ago literally down the street from where we lived, there was FBI everywhere and I stayed home for like 2 days. Trying not to let anxiety get the best of me, but it's easier said than done in the crazy world we live in.
  • Options
    @kianarain I think I might drive myself crazy if I still worked in an office.  I'm lucky enough to work from home but I think about it every time I'm in a store or anywhere indoors because I always feel trapped.  It's also sad that when we went to open house for my son's school, the first thing I questioned was why Kindergarten was at the very back of the school because its an incredibly long walk to get to the class and I was afraid the young kids would get lost.  The teacher said the school is laid out so the oldest kids are towards the front of the school because,in the event of a tragedy, they would respond to directions better.  Also, the Kindergarten wing has individual classroom doors but also doors that shut and lock to secure their wing from the rest of the school.  And the exit doors in that wing cannot be opened from the outside.  Its frightening how much thought goes into something like school layout.
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 I literally won't go to Ikea (or will take a Xanax in the parking lot if I MUST go) because it's the absolute worst w/feeling trapped. I am cringing hard reading about the planned layout of your son's school... On one hand, I'm glad they take that into consideration - on the other, I'm appalled that they have to. Ugh ugh ugh. 
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt So sorry to hear about what happened in both of your situations. 

I think DS passed his cold into DH and me. So far, I just have a scratchy throat. Being pregnant and sick is is the pits AND just in time for me being on call for jury duty next week. 

I FINALLY got an appointment with my new OB after two weeks of them not being able to find the records my former OB sent. I called every single day and all I got was “we’ll look into it and call you back.” I called yesterday morning and got the same crap so I called in the afternoon and my records magically appeared! I’ve heard great things about this doctor but his office staff sucks.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt and @bradleysmommy28 Glad everyone is ok. It's definitely shakes you when tragedies happen so close to home. 

And I really hate how mass shootings have become the norm. I feel like Columbine was the first one I remember and back then it was one every couple of years.. now it's a yearly/multiple times a year thing. disgusting. 
  • Options
    @leighbrek So jealous! That is awesome.
  • Options
    @molosmiles I have a feeling the opportunities will be pretty limited come January, so gotta take advantage now!
  • Options
    @galactickates Eeps!!! That's crazy! I can't believe how this is flying by.
  • Options
    @galactickates actually there have been two births. They were within days of each other. The first mom posted that she had the baby and was leaving. We all tried to encourage her to stay but she hasn't posted since. Or at least not on our board. 
  • Options
    Hey guys I don’t post much on the random thread but thought I’d pipe in on podcast recommendations! 

@wkuandrea and others check out The Longest Shortest Time - it’s a podcast about parenting- not tips but mostly real parenting stories- it’s wonderful!
  • Options
    Environment Canada announced that Ottawa was hit with an EF3 tornado, followed by an EF2 in Gatineau. Thankfully no one was killed, but lots of injuries. So much crazy weather in Ontario this year.
  • Options
    @leighbrek I'm glad no one was killed in the bad weather!  It was rainy and actually fall like where I am (ohio) today and I loved it.

We are having DS second birthday party tomorrow and I feel like all I did today was clean and cook but i still feel like my house is a mess. I feel like I have so much left to do. I really procrastinated on getting anything ready for the party until today so I guess only have myself to blame. Sometimes I wonder why I even stress about it because hes not going to remember anything about this party lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @gorgeousariel that's crazy she had the baby this early and left!! Like left the baby there?? Going back every day? I couldn't imagine.

@UnbreakableKimmySchmidt I'm glad to hear your family is safe! Is their house ok? Those were some big storms to pass through MN, thankfully they didn't hit hard in Twin Cities
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    I went crazy yesterday and made chili and apple cake. It is still super warm here but I miss fall and wanted to feel like I still lived somewhere with seasons. Also DH doesn’t liked apple cake so I guess it is all mine.
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj like I just meant she isn't posting anymore - she left the December board. I'm sure she is going back everyday to see baby. 
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj yes my parent’s house was fine but lots of neighbors had trees on their houses. So crazy. 

@leighbrek hopefully all are safe with the tornadoes in Canada.

Hard to believe some Dec babes are already here!!
  • Options
    @gorgeousariel ooh! That makes more sense. I thought you meant "we all tried to encourage her to stay" meant that she left the hospital after giving birth when she could have stayed. Oh man, my misunderstanding was way different than what you meant!
    @jgil85 I totally get that rant!!! FWIW I thought that the mom I was referring to had "left" her baby at the hospital, see my above comment. I know other moms personally who have had to leave their babies in NICU and it was like ripping away a piece of themselves each day when they had to visit then leave. I *can* imagine needing to leave for various reasons and it being a painful experience, my misunderstanding this morning when i first read the comment was a different scenario in my mind. 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @jgil85 I use to do rotations during my dietetic internship in NICU and it was always so painful to know the parents could only visit and would have to leave eventually.
    I can understand why someone who had a baby early too couldn’t stay on the board... it would be difficult to be going through that and reading about everyone still possibly going full term. 
    I really hope everyone has good experiences and from what I have seen of the ladies here so far we all seem pretty supportive each other’s situations.
  • Options
    Adding to the NICU life - I don’t blame the mom for leaving Dec board at all. It’s hard to even get through the day knowing her baby is not where she is - at home. It’ll be hard to continue and stay on the board when everyone else is still pregnant. 

Echoing @jgil85. I waited for DH in L&D sitting area bc he had to use the restroom. In that 2-3 minute time span, I saw so many families with “It’s a Boy!” and “It’s a Girl!” balloons. Some dads excitedly bringing an empty carseat only to exit and pass me by again with a baby in the carseat. I could still feel my eyes burning trying to fight back tears knowing I was sitting there helpless while DD was two floors below me hooked up to a machine that helped her breathe better. Wtf. I thought I survived the wave of emotions when DH came out and we headed towards the parking garage.

Nope. We both got in the car and couldn’t help but notice a fully installed carseat in the back, empty. No words could describe the pain we felt. We couldn’t say much but as soon as we got in the car, we just held each other and cried our eyes out. 

My heart goes out to all the NICU moms. I would not wish this on my worst enemy, ever. I also hope we can all bake these babies as long as possible.  <3
  • Options
    I was talking to DH about the holidays and that I may not be up for traveling to his family for Christmas (about 2 hours away) since I will be 36 weeks (and delivering by 38 weeks) and he wasn't really happy about it. He tends to think I'm overly cautious about things in general.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @tosh24 I haven't felt awkward about buying alcohol, but I have braced myself for someone to make a snide comment. I'm fully prepared to launch into a lecture that would make someone seriously regret opening their mouth lol. 

• Options
    @AshVA I don't know why it bothers me so much. The only person I ever judged while pregnant was an old trashy neighbour who smoked like a chimney and drank every day. But I wasn't totally honest with the guy I guess because I got home and promptly poured myself an oz of wine in a shot glass lol. First I've had all pregnancy. It was so good my eyes might have rolled back in my head. DH (jokingly) grabbed a a sharpie and marked the wine level in the bottle haha!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    I am a FTM so I am probably overly paranoid right now... but is it normal to feel like your stomach is extra heavy in the lower abdomen? It isn’t all the time and I know she hangs out low a lot of the time.
  • Options
    @tosh24 I totally ordered a glass of wine at dinner the other day and then immediately felt like the entire restaurant was staring at me!
  • Options
    @mtengl It's not unusual for babies to sit low throughout the pregnancy.