May 2019 Moms

Fit Friday 9/21

Didn't see one yet, hope I'm not stepping on any toes by starting it!
  1. What did you do this week to keep moving?
  2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? 
  3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity?

Re: Fit Friday 9/21

1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Did a LOT of walking/activity on my day off work this week (cleaning the house totally counts as a workout in my book) and did a 5+ mile run on another day.
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? Hoping to fit in a youtube workout at home Sunday afternoon during DS's nap, and hoping to do 2 other workouts next week...not sure what combo but either cardio/kettlebell/yoga/barre
    3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? I love to run & dance
    I hope we're still doing this check-in, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere if not. I apologize for posting it so late when there's not much left of Friday, oops!
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Stroller Strides today, general running around doing errands
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? Stroller Strides at least twice next week, and two Barre3 leg workouts from the app 
    3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? Barre! I can’t afford it anymore though and I can’t bring baby so Stroller Strides it is (which I do also love). I still sometimes do barre at home but not as often as I should. 

• Loading the player...
  • @vivereidescent thanks for posting this!

1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Made it to the gym 5 times this week! It is getting a lot harder to get through the classes though. I’m often light headed and nauseous. 
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? Same as last week! I plan to make it Monday through Friday. 
    3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? I loveeeee lifting. I used to do it way more, then fell out of the habit. I’m glad my gym has lifting at least twice a week. 
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving? I am a CrossFitter so I went regularly this week (4x) and went to the gym today to work out with my husband.
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I plan to continue CrossFit (modified as needed) for as long as I can, hopefully until the end.
    3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? CrossFit, hands down. I did a machine circuit tonight with DH and it was the first time I've used a machine in years. It was a decent workout, but I need a barbell in my hands.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • likealionesslikealioness member
    edited September 2018
    Rachellea, I think it's really cool that you're into crossfit!  Everyone who does it seems like they have a great time, but there's a skull and crossbones over the CrossFit place in my town which keeps me too nervous to try it!  Is it as intense as it looks?

1. What did you do this week to keep moving? 
    I did some yoga, some Ab Ripper X (kind of- I followed a YouTube video but I can't really do most of it), a bit of running, and Zumba.

2.What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? 

I've been getting some blood sugar numbers that worry me, but this evening I zumbaed after dinner and it worked like a charm!  It dropped from 131 to 71!  So my plan is to exercise after every meal just a little and see if that keeps my blood sugar in a better range.

3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? 
    I really like Zumba, but I get embarrassed when people are around!  Because of that, running is probably my actual favorite.
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Monday I went to the free gym. Won't be doing that again since my friend decided to tell me I'm already showing. Asshole. Other than that I used my treadmill twice this week and did a prenatal work out dvd.
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I may walk the treadmill but probably nothing. I see the weekend as a no free time kind of time.
    3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? Channel surfing lol. But seriously I loved doing this kettlebell work out dvd I had.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

1. What did you do this week to keep moving? I managed to get to the gym Monday for Body Pump and then I ran 4 miles this week during Health Enhancement (middle school gym) and played games with the kiddos when not running. Stoked for all the movement but I’d really like to have 3 Body Pump classes a week to maintain the muscle I have going - 1x a week isn’t enough...
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I should be able to get a really good workout in tomorrow at the gym and I’m hoping for Body Pump on Monday again and if I can, go Thursday after work too along with the running in HE again this next week.
    3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? I love skiing and snowboarding as soon as winter comes around but I have really come to enjoy Body Pump (weight lighting + cardio class from Les Mills programming) offered at the gym. I just feel so strong after a class!
    @vivereidescent thanks for posting! I had one started late last night to post today, but then completely spaced it this morning. You’d think I was pregnant or something... 😉 
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving? I went to my Orangetheory classes 2 times this week
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I just did an orangetheory workout and we are going to take DD to a pumpkin farm later today. I have to get better at taking walks outside after DD goes down at night
    3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? I really like Orangetheory because I don’t have to think about anything, and usually feel like I get a good workout. If I run on my own or lift weighs on my own, I don’t push myself hard enough, so this helps me. I also LOVE Pilates reformer classes. I just found they opened a Club Pilates by my Orangetheory so I may start adding in Pilates at some point next year (assuming I give birth to this one).
    Question- is anyone else freaked out about working out? TW I had 2 losses before DD end tw so I stopped working out at all pretty much at 6 weeks when pregnant with her. I was a pile of mush and so weak, I hated it. I’d like to maintain a reasonable workout, and my Dr says as long as my HR stays under 140, BUT I’m still super tentative every time I feel any cramp or pull and worry I will see blood when I go to the bathroom after it. I’m hoping checking in here will help keep me motivated as I know we all are in the same boat.
  • @chloe97 yes, it worries me every time. With DS I wasn’t particularly active before so didn’t work out too much during and everything made me nervous. I occasionally did barre or went on the elliptical, making sure my HR stayed under 140. I’m much more active now and I know you can keep doing what you’ve been doing so I’m going with it - but I don’t push myself like I did before I got pregnant. I would work really hard to make it up that hill running with my stroller but now if I find myself straining more than I’m comfortable with, I will walk and continue running when I hit level ground. I also won’t do most ab exercises. I’ve heard it’s okay but I’d rather not risk it 🤷‍♀️

1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Not much. I went for a walk and tried to walk more in my work day. Similar to prior posters I am nervous to work out. Despite being active before. I just feel like this is a little miracle and scared to risk it. Maybe I will feel better once I am set with a midwife and prenatal visits and can talk about it, but not quite time for that yet.
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I want to try to get to the dance studio or gym. Even if I scale things back, I want to do some of what I did before.
    3. GTKY - what's your favorite type of exercise/physical activity? I've been into aerial silks for about 6 years and love it. Running to help with cardio.
  • @knottie4d61c85de11d4c80 I wouldn't recommend starting CrossFit while pregnant if you're not used to the type of intensity (no new type of exercise is generally recommended). But I'd DEFINITELY recommend trying it out PP of if you have the interest already! I was at the same CrossFit for 6 years before just moving, so now I'm at a new gym, but I've visited a few different gyms on vacation and every place I've stepped into has been so welcoming. And any coach worth their certification can modify any workout to meet the needs of any athlete. It can be intimidating to start, but don't let that sway you!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @chloe97 I was super nervous last time as I spotted/bled throughout my whole pregnancy. This time, I’ve had nothing so far and I’m totally embracing the workouts. I haven’t been too careful about my heart rate, but I’m listening more to my body. When I feel a pull or whatever else, I slow my roll a bit. I’m lifting the same as I did prepregancy and doing as much or a bit more cardio. I have a friend who runs a CrossFit gym and for all 4 of her pregnancies she worked out like a beast. I know that’s purely anecdotal, but I’m going with it until my body tells me to slow down.