December 2018 Moms

PGAL Check in w/o 9/19

Welcome to the PGAL (Pregnant after loss) weekly thread!

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.There is no need to add specific trigger warnings in your posts, but you may if you choose.** 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

6. GTKY: What's something that other people this is cool, but you think is silly/ridiculous?

Re: PGAL Check in w/o 9/19

• @rosebud332 Good luck selling the house! Do you have a place in mind to buy? Also, I couldn’t agree more about the man buns!

25+2, so waaay past my milestone!

Tired and sore. I have been having scaitica and thigh tingling and numbness. 

Pretty good, the constant movement helps so much! Occasionally, thoughts of stillbirth creep in, but overall I am not too terribly worried.

Not until 10.8 when I will have my GD screen and RHOgam injection.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    Just prepping for our trip to Austin, Texas. We leave tomorrow. I’m praying my toddler sleeps in the hotel!

6. GTKY: What's something that other people this is cool, but you think is silly/ridiculous?
    Distressed jeans
  • Loading the player...
  • @katy0990 We have seen a couple of houses that we reallllly like which is making me more impatient!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332 I can imagine! I hope it sells soon!
  • @lippy625 Pregnancy headaches suck! I’m glad you are feeling better!
    @morgantu Good luck with your move!
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited September 2018
    *TW* Stillbirth mentioned in spoiler
    I just was perusing Instagram and  someone posted about a friend of hers, who lost her baby yesterday at 37 weeks and is having to deliver the baby today. WTF! That poor family. That is truly my worst nightmare!
    Now my anxiety is through the roof again.

• Response to @katy0990 in spoiler

Ugh how awful for that family!! And I'm so sorry you had to see the post, I know that would get me pretty upset too. <3 
  • @rosebud332 No news seems like good news to me - do you have a patient portal you can check to confirm? 
    Re the house(s) you really like - we did some kind of agreement thing when we found our new (current) house and our other one was taking forever to sell.. we paid like a retainer to "hold" the house for x days and the owners were super flexible in extending it when the date came. They knew we were super committed and just needed to sell our current house.  Can't remember what the agreement type is called. Anyway, I hope you can sell soon! 

@katy0990 Have fun on your trip and good luck with toddler travel sleep! 

@lippy625 What's fair food like in CT? In Indiana, it's all things fried and in giant sizes, haha. And donut burgers. 

• How do you do a spoiler? 
    @katy0990 that is the worst
    I'm going to do my post tomorrow after my ultrasound 
  • @morgantu didn't see your tag earlier for some reason! I have not done kick counts, that's on my list of things to ask the doctor on Monday. His kicks never seem to be consistent so I wouldn't even know where to begin with what would be normal. I should probably google this too!

@hoosiermama-2 we have weird fried things and donut burgers too but I'm not a fan. The "new and exciting" food item at the huge fair this year is Deep Fried Froze Martinis. I don't even understand how that works! I go for the maple everything (cotton candy especially), the lobster rolls, and the loaded baked potatoes. Oh and corn dogs and fried dough. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. 
  • @hoosiermama-2 and @rosebud332 do you mean a contingent sale? That's pretty common from what I understand. And you can write it into your offer letter: we will buy this house under the condition that we sell our other one. 

@lippy625 I just started kick counts a few days ago. It's interesting. I have been doing it like 30 mins after dinner whenever I start to feel the baby move. It's just reassuring when they say try to get 6 movements in 2 hours and I can count that in a matter of minutes. I'm also going to ask the Dr more about it at my appt Monday. 

@hoosiermama-2 lol at goat yoga. True. 
  • @hoosiermama-2  I am so sorry about your anniversary last week, but I am glad you seem to have a good perspective on it.
  • @echo-charlietango I’m glad Zantac has been helping and that you don’t have GD!
  • Yeesssss to UGGs! I hate them :D 
  • @maureenmce At least you will get extra reassurance in that day, that he is healthy in there!
  • @hoosiermama-2 I do have a patient portal but I don’t remember my sign in (ha). They said that they only call if there is a problem and if I didn’t hear by Tuesday then I was good. So I’m going with that.
    Re: House, I think that would be a contingency agreement. My realtor seems to think an offer would not be accepted if we went that route, but it doesn’t mean we can’t try. I’m feeling a little pessimistic because we are getting no interest at this point so I’m nervous.

@echo-charlietango We’ve been up for almost 3 weeks. In that time we’ve only had two showings which were in the first week and a half. Absolutely nothing since then. Our realtor wants to wait one more week and then drop the price a little bit. It’s a condo so I’m thinking just a few thousand might do it. We are just over an “even” number so maybe that’s what’s giving people pause. Supposedly we also listed at a bad time because everyone is going back to school now, and ideally we should have listed in time for people to buy it before school started.
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • rosebud332rosebud332 member
    edited September 2018
    @maureenmce I’m glad you guys are feeling somewhat better! I would love to run into Bill Murray because according to urban legend he just waltzes up to people and steals their fries and walks away and other such nonsense. I will let him steal my fries for a good story.
  • @Hollyyyyy Congratulations on the pay bump! How wonderful that your boss appreciates you. Enjoy your spa day!
  • @Hollyyyyy Yesss, that sounds like a great employer! Congrats on the raise! 

@rosebud332 This isn't helpful but just commiserating - it took us probably 6-7 months to sell our house. >.< And the price got looooow... I hope you get more interest asap. Sucks!
  • mommythlegendmommythlegend member
    edited September 2018
    29w+4d, passed all

Same old, same old! Went to the hospital last TR for pain (chest & back) but it has lessened a lot.

Medium. Not as much movement as I'd like, but feeling fairly confident.

Had an ultrasound this a.m. All looked good. She's measuring 3 days ahead & her head was 9 days ahead! lol. I make 90%+ headed babies. Kinda grateful for the c-sections. Ha ha

Have my regular (now every 2 week!) Dr appt tomorrow morning.

Lots of appts!

Sticking your tongue out in selfies. My niece does it all the time & I'm just like- whyyy? 
  • @mommythlegend I’m glad the pain is better!
  • Just went to my bi-weekly appt & found out I'm having this baby in 6 weeks not 9 🤯
  • @mommythlegend whoa! What happened? How do you feel about it? 
  • It's because of the Cholestasis diagnosis. I thought he considered me borderline & I could go all the way to 39w, but he discussed it with another Dr & changed his mind, wants to deliver at 36w. I feel unprepared! I only have 2 outfits for her. No diapers or anything. No car seat. Was waiting for my shower in 3 weeks because I think I will get diapers & clothes. Was hoping an IL would get the car seat. Thought I had 6 weeks after that to fill in the rest. Seems so close!

I know it's silly, but also a little disappointed she'll be a Scorpio like my DH & MIL instead of a Sagittarius like me. I had the perfect archer mom necklace picked out to get myself. She was going to be born the same week as my birthday, but will now be 1 week after DH birthday. 

Happy to err on the safe side though!
  • @mommythlegend oh man, that is a big shift in mindset and expectations! Of course you'll get it all done and be fine, but I'm sure it was a shock to hear! I just keep trying to remind myself that babies don't need as much as I think (but yes, a carseat!) And as long as they are clothed, fed, and loved, we'll figure the rest out. I'm sorry it's not the news you wanted or expected, but I'm also glad the Drs are keeping you both safe! 
  • @mommythlegend You can get a lot done (and purchased) in six weeks!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @mommythlegend Forsf of all, I’m sorry your plans have changed. Big adjustments are hard. *hugs* Please do not worry about purchasing the items. 6 weeks should be plenty for the necessities. I would recommend changing your due date on your registries, so you get the completion discounts sooner.
  • ^ Yes! Good point about changing your EDD on the registries.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @mommythlegend wow! I cant imagine getting that news but better to know now than having your doc change his/her mind few more weeks down the line! Hope you can take this weekend to regroup/plan and that everything goes well from here on!