December 2018 Moms

Baby Position Thread

Hey everyone. I so I guess most of us are around 26-30 weeks now! Our babies have plenty of time to turn up and down what what is your baby's current position and how far along are you? Feel free to comment with how you know as well!
I am 27 weeks and baby's head is under my right rib. He seems to stubbornly stay there.

Re: Baby Position Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Mine has been settled head down since week 12, now 29 weeks.  Have had regular ultrasounds and this little guy appears comfy as can be there.
  • 28 weeks tomorrow and head down on ultrasound yesterday. He was transverse the week before (I get weekly ultrasounds to look at cervical length) and measuring about 3lbs. This week was the first time he's been head down so I'm not sure if he'll stay! 
  • As of 20 weeks, Mine was head down. I’m assuming that is still true based on the movement I am feeling.
  • My girl is frank breech just like my first, and my guess is she will stay that way. I can feel her head up above my belly button which creates a lot of uncomfortable pressure. Yesterday her head was sticking out and it made my whole stomach look lopsided. I can feel kicks and movements down low as well.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • 30 weeks and head down unless baby is going to be a boxer because I feel all the kicks in my upper right side. US at 20 weeks showed head down.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Based on the large ball in my right ribs, and the massive kicks to my cervix, this little boy is breech. Im praying he turns head down!!!! If nothing else to give my lightning crotch a rest. Feels like a lightning bolt eveytime he kicks down there....
  • I'm 27 weeks and baby is head down.
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 27 weeks. At my two ultrasounds at 20 and 21 weeks, she was head down in one and breech in another... but I'm pretty sure that she's head down now because of feeling hiccups in the pelvic region. Her back is mostly facing my back since I feel kicks and punches mostly towards the front/right hand side when I'm sitting up. Most of the movements are mid to low, so I think she's curled up instead of stretching her legs into my ribs. I think I've finally figured out the difference between her hands and feet. This all lines up with dance parties at night (of which there was an EPIC one last night from 3:30 - 4:30...) If I'm on my right, I feel kicks in the middle of my right side (like in a straight line down from my armpit). If I'm on my left, then movement is more in the middle of my belly or slightly to the left, but not all the way to my side.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm 27 weeks now, but at my A/S 7 weeks ago, he was breech.  At my follow up U/S 3 weeks ago, he was head down.  I am feeling and seeing kicks/sweeping movements across the top of my belly (far above my belly button), so I assume he's still head down.  There are times when it feels like he's doing flips...he's all over the place just like his sister was! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• 26 weeks and at my ultrasound 2 weeks ago, he is breech.  If where I am feeling the kicking is any indication, he is still breech! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Breech at 21wks, Transverse at 25 wks.  My next scan is at 31 weeks and I'm hoping this baby is just taking her time migrating to head down!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last ultrasound was transverse and she had been completely uncooperative the WHOLE pregnancy (which means we have lots of great pictures of her spine). Out of curiosity and not to hijack the thread but for those of you whose LO's have completely changed position can you recall a larger than normal movement that may have been the switch or was it a surprise? I feel a lot of kicking and squirming but I feel like a full rotation would be noticeable unless they move a little at a time...How am I so clueless when I have done this before?
  • @rcultrona I honestly have no clue. Sorry to be no help! But I'm curious too. I'm feeling so much movement the past few days, but I hear that it ramps up until 28 weeks (6 days from now!) and then it starts to get a little less as baby runs out of room. Earlier I think she kicked and stretched her arms at the same time because I felt light punches on the left AND right of my pelvic region and a harder jab up toward the middle of my right side. All the movement is so weird!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was feeling pressure a few weeks back so they did an ultrasound to check position and cervical length (fine, luckily) and the ultrasound tech showed me how he is head down and his head is literally pressing directly on my cervix. Assuming that is still the case because I am still feeling pressure/irritation there! Especially today!
  • @maureenmce Love that he is head fown, sorry about the painful pressure, though!
  • Baby's been transverse at 20 and 24 week USs.  She's sitting up high so movements are mostly right under my ribs and boobs. I feel the bigger movements on my right side and smaller movements on the left so I assume her legs are on my right side and head and hands are on the left.  Don't know for sure though!  
  • Ultrasound at 28w 4 days he was breech . I'm 29w 2 days now and i still feel his kicks pretty low . If i had to guess simply based on the movements i've felt throughout this pregnancy i don't think he was ever head down even once. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have no idea!  I'm amazed you all can tell based on where you feel kicks.  I feel like I have movement all over randomly and I never have any idea what body part it is.  I also did not ask at my anatomy scan and that's the last ultrasound I will have I think.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 28 weeks baby girl is head down in sort of the middle of by stomach  with her body on one side in sort of in a c position so she can reach over and hit and kick my other side which she does alot she's stayed head down since 20 weeks so here's hoping she stays head down for the next 12
  • At my 27 week appointment baby was breech (just like my last) but my appointment end of last week baby has flipped head down. So I’m just 30 weeks now and the flip happened recently. 

I did feel it but really in hindsight. 
    I had one evening of A LOT of movement that was semi unfomortable. 
    Then for 2 days my movements felt different. Back to normal now but probably a new normal! 
  • @winterplumeria Haha I was totally going to recommend Spinning Babies to you. Good luck! Fx baby turns!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Ok according to my doc today, who could tell within like 15 seconds, bb is head down, butt in ribs. I'm assuming folded up, which is why I still feel lots of low movement 
  • Not positive if there's a name for it but baby girl has her head on my left side and feet on my right. Both of my other children laid across like that until sometime after 30w when they went head down.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MDKC14 That’s transverse, I believe!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Baby boy has been transverse at every US. DD was the same and I think around 28w she was head down. So I'm planning for baby to be same. 
  • I cannot tell if baby boy is transverse, head down, breech or what, but I can say that he favors my left side. The NP measured his heart rate over there at the 28 and 30 week appointments and anytime I lie on my left side, I feel like he objects because I'm squishing him.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @winterplumeria Good luck! My las son was breech until 35 weeks and I had good luck with spinning babies, chiropractic adjustments, and doing handstands in the pool! 

As for me, I'm pretty sure little man is transverse, but it's hard for me to tell. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @PensiveCrayon good to know! I have never known or paid attention to the names of positions. I just know what's comfortable and what's not Lol.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OK I have been paying more attention and my best guess is transverse for my baby right now.  I often feel movements on the left and right simultaneously, which I think would be hard for baby to accomplish if he/she wasn't transverse.  Going to have to look into this spinningbabies thing...  I read it's a concern in they aren't head down by about 36 weeks, so we've got some time.  It seems like a lot of us are in the transverse boat right now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @winterplumeria omg so scary about the car accident! Sorry both your car and the other people's was totaled. But, the most important thing is that you and baby are okay. Definitely take it easy.  I know from personal experience how scary and stressful it can be getting into a car accident pregnant. And mine was only minor! I think the procedure with the towel you described is known as Rebozo sifting? I think at @PensiveCrayon mentioned it a while ago.  It is supposed to be helpful for getting baby in better birthing position. I am planning to start around 36 weeks.
  • @winterplumeria @PensiveCrayon
    I’m doing the Spinning babies routine as well!
    I think my baby’s head is upper right and feet lower left.
    It’s hard to believe that it’s going to make a difference though as I think baby has been in the same position for weeks. Still plenty of time, I know (I’m 28 weeks).

• This baby is transverse, hoping she’ll go head down soon, it’s uncomfortable with her being side to side! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!