December 2018 Moms

Check In 9.18 (EDD 12.24-12.31+)

2»

Re: Check In 9.18 (EDD 12.24-12.31+)

• @mcgeeva it’ll be ok!!! Take time for yourself and take a walk on your lunch break or something :) you clearly care very much, and just because of that everything that matters will be ok. The baby doesn’t care about a ceiling I’m sure ^.^ I know you do, but it’ll get done, no worries. Have you tried the Trello app for your list? I love it, because it’s easy to glance at and move things around. Plus you can make the background a cute puppy and who doesn’t destress with puppies? *hug*
  • I frustrated in all aspects of life I swear. I ran home at 4 yesterday to walk before I picked up my eldest from daycare and wanted to cry because it was hurting so bad to walk even with a support belt. So all I want to do seems more than I can physically handle which is making me bonkers. Ha! I have heard of it my problems is we have a roofer that didn't finish so dealing with insurance to see how to resolve and in the middle of that mess since the roofer came got a leak in the family room (hole in the ceiling for two months now) and then hornets built a nest about our bathroom we killed last week but now that ceiling has to be removed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhI want to burn my house down and start over

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • @mcgeeva First of all... *BIG HUGS* Second.. this too shall pass. I am so sorry about your ceiling. I can't even tell you how stressed I would be in your current situation. It will all get worked out in due time, though. Does your homeowner's insurance cover the repairs? I feel you on the discomfort. I've been having pelvic discomfort when I run and it's frustrating. I stopped wearing my support belt because I felt like it was just making me feel like I need to pee even more, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't just keep wearing it. I think I asked you this before, maybe... but what support belt do you have? I am wondering if I don't need one that offers a bit more support. Mine is just like tight fabric, not anything substantial.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I have no clue because we are still dealing with the original roof issue with them. not sure how many claims you can do at once. I got one from my neighbor it's has a plastic piece in the back to support your back but it's annoying as all get out. She got it from her chiropractor when pregnant so im not sure the brand but it's annoying i have all this access fabric in the front that doesn't velcro to anything I don't get it. But yesterday even wearing it I was having pains so I am thinking there will come a point I just can't do long walks anymore because of the pain/pressure. Is that a thing?? I'm going to ask my doc on monday when I do my GD test. I have ZERO clue how you ladies run. It blows my mind if walking puts me in pain. Your also a tiny thing :) with a long torso so not sure if that makes a difference?

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva Thinking of you. I hope things settle down soon with your house. Can you take one day off for a breather?
  • Nope have to have 2 weeks pto saved up for maternity leave to kick in and have 3 days left to save. And with GD test if im out too long ill have to use pto. Shit system

• @mcgeeva I’m sorry. That stinks!
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?

26 weeks today I don’t know about fruit or vegetable size, but yay viability! 

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Irritable, puking, and my hip/SI joint is getting bad. I can’t get in to PT for 2 more weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

Rant: I have to do the 3 hr GD tolerance test tomorrow morning. Really hoping I pass. And even more, hoping I don’t throw up and have to do it twice. I hate that I am giving up my one morning this week that I have time to get caught up at work squandered on this. 

Rave: I am so melty-hearted about my big girl who is getting so grown up. Today she asked to see “pictures of the skeletons of the stars and moon like from a spaceship.” 

GTKY: What are your maternity leave plans? (How long, will your SO take time, too? etc.)

I’m taking 12 weeks off. Almost half will be paid. I’m contemplating (dreaming about) seeing about doing part time for 6 more months. Probably not going to be able to, but I can dream. At work I think they realllly don’t want to lose more people, so I think they would work with me. But it depends on budget. 

DH will have the 3-4 weeks off without having to take leave, because it’s semester break. And then he’ll take 2 weeks as primary caregiver at the 3 month mark when I return to work.

• @katzalia I hope they will let you go part time! Sorry you have to wait for PT. Your daughter sounds adorable!
  • @katy0990 thanks! I suspect they will let me but not be thrilled about it. But I need to check our hiusehold budget & see if the tradeoff for me part time and only having to pay for parttime childcare for 2 kids next summer is workable. 
  • @Katzalia good luck tomorrow!

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 26 weeks and I think she’s not going to be small!

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Doing ok but not happy about the huge and sore varicose veins in my right leg. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Had a nuero follow up for DD yesterday and she reported that DD’s delays are now minor and she is starting to close her developmental gaps! 

GTKY: What are your maternity leave plans? (How long, will your SO take time, too? etc.) 12 weeks of leave for me. About 4 weeks of leave for DH maybe a little more. Hoping my STD insurance isn’t as cumbersome/late to process this time around. I’m the breadwinner and maternity leave will def impact our family finances. But the healing, bonding and establishing BFing are all so important. 

• That's great news @Erinka im sure a relief for you. 

• @mcgeeva Do I have a long torso? I feel like every part of me is short. :D That support belt does sound like a pain! I am going to see my chiropractor today, I wonder if he has any recommendations for support while running.

@Katzalia Have good luck with your GD test! I wish I could go part time for a while too. I'd love to go part time for the first year, but I don't think we can afford it since I am the primary bread winner.

@Erinka That's great news!! I bet that was such a relief for you.

• You look like it to me :) based on how your carrying. 

• @mcgeeva I’m sorry life is sucking atm :( but it will get better for sure! This is probably a silly question but I have to ask since you got hornets in your roof-is there at least a tarp or visqueen on it!?! Fool roofers. It’s so hard to find worthwhile and honest workers anymore. Maybe instead of a walk you should just bingewatch a good tv show xD lol

@Katzalia Good luck in your test!!! <3
  • Nope! Nothing bc pest people don't handle outside. Fighting with roofer at the moment :/ Ha trust me I will try to squeeze in some me time in between baseball and house projects 

• @katy0990 thanks for the honesty. I know the BF journey can be rough, but I guess I don't fully understand it. I didn't think about how demand dictates supply, so I'll need to pump even if SO bottle feeds MOTN. Ugh, so much responsibility! Lol
  • @scaredunprepared It is, but it is so rewarding.  I didn’t see that until later though. I absolutely hated BFing and was counting down the days to his first birthday from the time he was 3 weeks old, but it got easier and by the time we weaned, I felt sad, but proud that we pushed through. 
  • @tunnel I may not be able to do the SAHM thing, but we are definitely going to give it a shot since it makes the most sense.  Not everyone can do it, whether circumstances, or personality, or preference and that's totally ok. You do what's best for you, your family, and your situation and that's what makes you a great mom.  And I'm glad your office follows NJ rules, but surprised if they are actually in PA.  How lucky for you!  Glad to see another Jersey mom, too.  Maybe one day we can have a meet up.  Oddly enough, I JUST ran into a mom with the exact same due date as me at the emergency vet!  What are the chances???

@katy0990 I appreciate the realness.  I think I have a pretty good grasp on what BF is like seeing what my sister went through, and I don't think I have unrealistic expectations.  But when it comes down to it, I've never done it and can't REALLY know what it's like until it happens. 

@AdorkablePixie and @mikinna thanks for the support and kind words about our dog.  I appreciate it more than you know. 

@mcgeeva more reality for us oblivious FTMs lol.  Now that I'm reading your comment, it occurs to me that SO could totally sleep through a bomb going off.  Sometimes I wonder if he is just pretending though, just to get out of doing whatever it is that needs to be done (ie: letting the dogs out at 6am because they're whining). He also suggested we get a white noise machine for OURSELVES so we can sleep through baby crying. I was like..... wait, WHAT???!!  You DO realize when the baby cries we need to respond, right? He's totally oblivious!  Or blissfully and purposefully ignorant.   I'm also sorry you've been so stressed lately. I get what it's like having 40 things going on and not feeling like you're going to be able to get everything done/ taken care of in time.  You are only one person and can only do so much.  Prioritize and delegate. Whatever doesn't get done can wait.  Be kind to yourself.  
  • ErinkaErinka member
    edited September 2018
    @katy0990 thanks for the honesty. I know the BF journey can be rough, but I guess I don't fully understand it. I didn't think about how demand dictates supply, so I'll need to pump even if SO bottle feeds MOTN. Ugh, so much responsibility! Lol
    @scaredunprepared I recommend reading The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. I call it the boobie bible. It was very helpful for me when I had my 1st baby. I’ll be re reading parts soon to get ready to BF again. BFing can be hard but it’s also beautiful. 
  • @erinka lol the boobie bible!  Thanks so much for that suggestion. I'll go see if the local library carries it!  I'm excited to start really educating myself!
  • In regards to DH sleeping heavy, my DH sleeps SO HEAVY.. but he usually (sometimes..? lol) wakes up when he hears DS cry. There have been times he’s heard him cry and gotten up and I never heard a thing! Which is crazy. I wake up so easy.