TTC after 35

TTCA35 Check-in 9-15-18

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves:

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Are you affected by Hurricane / Tropical Storm Florence?

Re: TTCA35 Check-in 9-15-18

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW, I think, though I am not 100% sure I ovulated

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD16, DPO 4 or so (?)

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatals

Rants/Raves:  It's been a rough month in the TTC department; my kid was sick (diagnosed with a rare condition back in July and is not yet totally over it), then DH got an infection, and son started preschool for the first time. Thankfully my work hasn't been crazy. Rave: my son seems to be getting better. Fingers crossed.

Questions for the group:  How do you keep up the frequent BDing around ovulation? I think my DH was too stressed out this month and kind of shut down.

GTKY:  Are you affected by Hurricane / Tropical Storm Florence?  Not directly, but our family has gone to Wrightsville for generations and it's been hard to watch. We're headed there as soon as possible after the storm.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): not really sure either WTO or TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD13

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatals and coq10 and dhea when I remember 

Rants/Raves: so Tuesday I had a high OPK, I tested Tuesday night and still high.  I also had cramps all day long.  Wednesday I got a peak in the morning then low that evening and low Thursday morning.  Cramps gone at that point and no temp rise.  Thursday evening I was back to peak tests and they have continued to stay peak. I saw a slight temp increase this morning and have been having cramps again. I have no idea what my body is doing.  Probably just screwing with me since it was my last shot until my surgery 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  We are not affected by Hurricane.  However we traveled to TN this wkd and they will get some rain and wind this evening and into tomorrow from hurricane so we will be in that but it won’t be bad 
  • Loading the player...
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited September 2018
    @Mack2342 I have been having a weird OPK and temping month. Maybe there's some cosmic disturbance causing all this. I'm going with that. Nothing to do with my age. Nope. :blush:  (I'm about to turn 40.)
  • @marijaa333 I can go with that!  I’m 43 so it can’t be that 😉
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Also not sure if I'm WTO or TWW 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD14

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatals. Also found out right before this cycle began that melatonin, which I'd been taking nearly every night, can interfere with hormone levels, so this is the first cycle where I'm off melatonin entirely.

Rants/Raves: Add me to the club of weird/inconclusive fertility signs! My temp's been all over the place, too. Had a positive OPK on Sat, CD12, and it was negative Sun morning. The positive OPK matched decently with levels of EWCM. So FF thought I'd ovulate yesterday, Sunday, and I did have some possible ovulation pain. Cut to this morning, though, there's no clear temp rise. (I mean, it's higher than it was for the past 3 days but not as high as my highest pre-O temp. Timing of temps should be OK, and I haven't been getting up to go to the bathroom or anything). So now FF is guessing I'll ovulate tomorrow. But also no more EWCM. Did not try an OPK again this morning, but maybe I should've. Meh. 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Are you affected by Hurricane / Tropical Storm Florence? No, we live in Colorado. An acquaintance from a writing workshop I went to was in the path, though, but it sounds like she and her husband came out OK.
  • @marijaa333 my husband and I have a shared google calendar and I changed ovulation week to green on the calendar so he would know it was time to BD every other day. This way we both know without it being ME that has to always bring it up. It works soooo much better for both of us and he can see O coming and do whatever he needs to do to prep for it. Prior to the calendar he definitely felt like I was pressuring him too much.....which then lead to fighting because, um, hello....pressure??? try being the person who has to think about this every stinking day! but yeah, the calendar is great!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): today is O day! 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):CD16

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): TI, prenatals, CoQ10

Rants/Raves: have an appointment with my OB in two weeks to start clomid or letrazole, which supposedly will fix our issues....so kind of excited about that. Also, I got a new job, it's basically my dream job, plus I've been miserable at my current job due to having one of the worst supervisors i've ever had, so I'm super excited for the change!

Questions for the group: none

GTKY:  Are you affected by Hurricane / Tropical Storm Florence? nope. on the west coast and enjoying the lovely fall weather before it starts to rain buckets. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): FET is this Friday, yay!

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): No idea, just following my treatment calendar!

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatals, vitamin D, CoQ10, baby aspirin, estrace, PIO shots

Rants/Raves: feeling very grateful and at peace with everything lately, thankful for my meditation app

Questions for the group: for anyone who's done IVF (@poemasque), does anyone know if your lining can still go up more after you start PIO?

GTKY:  Are you affected by Hurricane / Tropical Storm Florence? No, thankfully. But my husband has some aunts/uncles/cousins in NC
  • @PoeMasque That is a really good idea about the calendar, thank you! I will have to remember to do that.

@amandahwrites Welcome to the weird month club. Thank you for corroborating our theory that it's cosmic. 

@Momifbysea Oooh, exciting day, this Friday! Good luck! Also glad to hear you're feeling grateful and at peace with everything. A good reminder to us all... (Although I had to chuckle about your being thankful for the meditation app, as I read all the time for work nowadays about how intelligent software is messing with our emotions!)

• @Momifbysea yay for FET this Friday!!! I don’t have an answer to your question, but I think all that really matters is that they see the right number of layers in your lining. I’ll be completely transparent and preface the following with the disclaimer that I’m not a doctor (just a nurse with a research background),but that I find this super interesting - research is now showing that a thick lining may not be the soft, welcoming environment we have always thought it was.....a new study found it to be a super hostile environment for an egg. This was just one study, but still, it reminded me that IVF is soooo far from an exact science and we may very well find out down the road that a thinner lining is better (for example). 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • GL Friday with FET @Momifbysea
  • @amandahwrites sorry bout the weird cycle.  I finally had temp increase this morning so if that the case we totally missed the boat this month.  I would rather have an anovulatory cycle than miss it 
  • @Mack2342 is your cycle length pretty regular from month to month usually? I’ve never temped so if this doesn’t work I’m going to pick your brain on it! I’ve just used the digital opk’s to get the best 4 days.

@PoeMasque that is really interesting about the lining thickness, and some women over st the infertility boards explained that lining continues to grow during the PIO shots so who knows, maybe my lining was too thick last time and this time’s the ticket! Glad to hear you have an appt for Clomid or letrozole - do you mind me asking what issues they fix? I did letrozole (Femara) for 2 iui’s and I only had one egg per cycle but my aunt told me both my cousins were born using Clomid back in the 70’s!

• @Momifbysea yes my cycle is pretty regular although since my last miscarriage in December I’ve had several wonky months so I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.  Temping is kind of annoying but it does give you a big picture as to if you Od and when AF will arrive.  Hopefully you won’t need to pick my brain!  
  • @Momifbysea good luck with the FET!

@Mack2342 sorry you may've missed the boat. :( Last cycle, hubby and I possibly had a similar case. I know it's not the greatest attitude since of course there is (or should be) more to sex than just making a little person, but it was hard not to feel like we'd "wasted" near-daily sex during what apparently was not a fertile time after all. 

Still no temp rise for me, but at this point I agree it may be better not to have one, as if it's tomorrow then hubby and I will have probably missed the window, too, as no BDing since Sunday. 

I know it's possible, though not common, to have a delayed temp rise, but it seems that if that were the case for me, there should be at least tiny shifts upward, rather than temp going DOWN as it did yesterday. Plus, if my +OPK/FF were correct at the time and I did O on Sunday, then a 4-day delayed temp rise (if it rises tomorrow) seems even more unlikely. 

Anyway, after this cycle, assuming it results in the 99% likely no-pregnancy, I'm setting up an appointment for hubby and I with an RE. 
  • @amandahwrites I think we had the same cycle as that sounds very similar to what happened to me.  You might want to just set up appointment for RE as it can take a couple of months to get in.  If you are pregnant you can always cancel or they may just see you anyway.  That happened to me.  I had my first appt with RE which he said he didn’t see any signs of pregnancy when he did US and a week later I got a BFP and they saw me through 8 weeks until I miscarried. 
  • @Mack2342 thanks, that's a very good point about the possible waiting time to see an RE! I'll talk to hubby about it. And sorry about the MC; that must've been hard to go through. :(

As of this morning, FF is now claiming it's made sense of my wonky temperatures and telling me I DID ovulate--back on Saturday, CD12. :/ (Granted, the crosshairs only show due to telling it to ignore yesterday's temp, which I took about 45 minutes before my standard time after being awake for nearly an hour.) If that's true our timing was actually pretty good this cycle, but as even my high temps are still pretty low (97.5ish) and I seem to keep bouncing down to 97.3 or 97.2, I'm not sure I trust FF on this one.
  • GTKY:  Are you affected by Hurricane / Tropical Storm Florence? Got rain from storm on Monday here in Kentucky. but that is all.

Education day on tuesday for IVF.
  • Thanks @amandahwrites unfortunately I’ve had 3 MC and they don’t get easier.  Hopefully you did O and had good timing.  Sometimes I find it hard to trust FF too.  

@drewsdarlin exciting about education day for IVF.  It’s nice to know you have a plan and can move forward with it. 
  • Mack2342 said:
    Thanks @amandahwrites unfortunately I’ve had 3 MC and they don’t get easier.  Hopefully you did O and had good timing.  Sometimes I find it hard to trust FF too.  

@drewsdarlin exciting about education day for IVF.  It’s nice to know you have a plan and can move forward with it. 
    Thank you. Just scared and nervous since we have had 5 miscarriages and things and IVF not working or ending in another loss.
  • @drewsdarlin I can understand that.   MC never get easier.  I’m sorry for all your losses.  The thought of IVF not working for us and spending the money for it was why we decided not to go that route.   If we didn’t have to pay all the expense I would have jumped at it though for sure.  FX it works and all your worries were a waste! 
  • Mack2342 said:
    @drewsdarlin I can understand that.   MC never get easier.  I’m sorry for all your losses.  The thought of IVF not working for us and spending the money for it was why we decided not to go that route.   If we didn’t have to pay all the expense I would have jumped at it though for sure.  FX it works and all your worries were a waste! 
    thanks. In 2016 we decided not to do IVF. but now we were talking and I said what if I regret not trying and not knowing if it could have worked. we have to pay out of pocket for all fertility stuff.
  • @drewsdarlin I have said that very same thing to myself 100 times over.  I totally understand.  If we went solely on my say we would do IVF but since it’s not just my decision we are not.  My RE raffles off two IVF cycles and I did attempt to win those but didn’t work.  I also have one LC so my DHs argument makes sense about taking from what we have.  It’s just so damn hard to make these decisions and we shouldn’t have to!!!   I hope it all works out for you!!! 
  • Mack2342 said:
    @drewsdarlin I have said that very same thing to myself 100 times over.  I totally understand.  If we went solely on my say we would do IVF but since it’s not just my decision we are not.  My RE raffles off two IVF cycles and I did attempt to win those but didn’t work.  I also have one LC so my DHs argument makes sense about taking from what we have.  It’s just so damn hard to make these decisions and we shouldn’t have to!!!   I hope it all works out for you!!! 
    We have no lc and have been trying for almost 19 years only to lose 5. 
  • @drewsdarlin that is a lot.  I’m sorry.  You are one tough lady!   I hope IVF works for you!  Crossing everything for you that it works! 
  • Mack2342 said:
    @drewsdarlin that is a lot.  I’m sorry.  You are one tough lady!   I hope IVF works for you!  Crossing everything for you that it works! 
    Not tough. just not willing to give up on my dream of having a baby here. 
  • Just updating that my transfer went well yesterday and here’s a picture of our little embryo. Praying it works this time as it’s our last one. I don’t feel anything different yet.
  • @Momifbysea Everything crossed for you! Nice picture.
  • @Momifbysea FX that this works!   
  • Best wishes @Momifbysea! FX for you.
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited September 2018
    **TW - BFP mentioned** I realized that I updated on an older thread so will share here that I have a faint 2nd line on a frer! Being cautiously optimistic. But DH agrees it is there! Of course now I’m scared of a chemical. But I’m meditating and watching a funny movie every day. Yesterday I watched Bridget Jones’ Bsby because she finds out she’s pregnant right after her 43rd birthday and I love that!**end TW**
  • That's great, @Momifbysea! FX for you!
  • Question, do you all mind if I stick around here until we know for sure that all is well?
  • @Momifbysea I don’t mind at all.  Hopefully you get the heck out of here lol so you can move into healthy happy 9 months 
  • I sure hope so @Mack 2342! But unfortunately until several betas, those of us IVFers don't have that certainty yet. I also think I'm having a hard time believing really really that this could actually work out. I've been in this group so so long and it's always everyone else who graduates so there's that doubt there. I hope that makes sense? I'm also used to being the oldest in both this group and the IF board. :) So there's that. My hope beyond hope is to have this work so that maybe someone else over 40 will see that it's possible and just maybe that will give them hope to keep at it. I know I couldn't have gotten through it without seeing all those stories.
  • @Momifbysea I understand the several tests before feeling like it’s real and confirming progress.   Your BFP is making me want to do IVF.  I’m 43 so I’m with ya on being oldest on a board.   I Also understand your feelings of it’s everyone else and never you.  I’ve been on the TTC after loss since 8/2016 and was always the oldest on there.  Really hoping this works for you!!!
  • @Mack2342 thank you so much for your words, and your support. This TWW or beta hell as I’ve learned it’s affectionately called is taking so long, it’s like the days and even minutes just drag so slowly!
  • @Momifbysea I know it’s easier said than done but remember that today its positive!   With my last pregnancy that’s what I would tell myself in between betas and US.  It helped but didn’t eliminate all my fears 
  • @Momifbysea yes!!!!! So so so so excited for you!! And I agree with @Mack2342 you have to celebrate that today you are pregnant, but I know completely how it feels to get that second line, then have to wait for that first and second beta, it was literally all I could think about. I’m going to have a glass of wine in celebration of your BFP for you :) (FYI - I dida little happy dance when I read your post!)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker