December 2018 Moms

FTM Check-in • 9/20 (late!)

edited September 2018 in December 2018 Moms
1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointment updates?

3) RRQDD?

4) GTKY: What is one of your favorite smells?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: FTM Check-in • 9/20 (late!)

• How far along are you?
    29 weeks, 3 days...pretty excited for 30 weeks!

Any appointment updates?
    Nothing exciting. I have my 30 week appointment on Monday. Just a weight, blood pressure, fundal height check. Yawn.

RRQDD?
    I leave tomorrow morning for Orlando for the weekend! I'm super excited. My husband is gone for work in Orlando from Sept 17-25 and because I'm a hormonal mess who eats far too much cereal when he's gone, he used his miles to buy me a ticket to visit! The hotel has an awesome pool so baby and I are going swimming!

GTKY: What is one of your favorite smells?
    I love the smell of so many weird things lol. I guess the smell I miss a lot right now is my husband's smell. He hates when I inhale his scent (which to be fair is kind of weird) but he just smells so delicious. He's a mix of deoderant and natural yumminess. It instantly makes me feel calm. 

One of my least favorite smells is clean diapers. Much worse if they're dirty, but yuck. Our dresser is full of them and I can't wait to switch to cloth. Stinky artificial baby smell!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @binxybaby Mmm, I enjoy eating cereal too much too when I'm solo, haha!

28+1

Nothing too special, just my first two-week-interval appointment on Monday! Originally it was Wednesday but needed to be rescheduled - darn :smiley:

3) RRQDD?
    Dear Diary, I'm actually going to try to be productive next week. I clean things up much better when DH is out of the house, because to clean I make a huge mess first! Hope I can at least find a lamp harp that I've been missing. In the meanwhile I think I'm going to buy a cute lamp from Target because I am in love with Project 62.

I have so many favorites and I'm always cheered up by fresh roses, or leather. Mmm.

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I eat a lot of cereal always sooooo...... :) 
    @binxybaby have an awesome weekend, so nice to have miles! 
    @echo-charlietango my first 2 weeker is Monday, too! Woo hoo! 

28 weeks today, apparently bb is the size of a rollerblade, which is cracking me up haha 

Monday starts every 2 weeks. Yee haw 

3) RRQDD?
    Nah, just ready for the weekend. We have goooootttttt to get packing. 

Cut grass, and the smell that comes out of dryer vents lol. 
  • @binxybaby I love traveling when my husband has work. I get to go to LA soon and I'm excited!
    @echo-charlietango Good luck with your productivity!

27 weeks today!

Have a big appt next week at 28 weeks with shots, GD test, and the 28 week appt

3) RRQDD?
    Rant: Not really a big rant, but today was supposed to be an easier day at work then all of a sudden we needed things NOW for like 3 different projects were on and I had to do all the things. So my "easy" afternoon turned frantic. It's fine... I got it all done. But I'm really glad we have no plans tonight so I can just go home!

Favorite smells? Hmmmm. I love roses too. But really anything baking in the oven is amazzzzing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @binxybaby Have fun in Orlando!! As far as cereal, I've been eating so much of it recently even when my husband is around. It's pretty much a breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner for me, lol. 

28+5

My first two week appointment is tomorrow, woo! 

3) RRQDD?
    Sounds weird, but I'm excited for the weather. Today was in the 90's (ugh), but after today, the high is going to be in the 70's the next 10 days. I'm so glad it's finally getting closer to hoodie season. Already got a couple maternity hoodies and they are so soft. :)

4) GTKY: What is one of your favorite smells
    It's amusing to see everyone's favorite smells. But I'm with @omnommer and I absolutely love the smell of things being baked in the oven, especially chocolate chip cookies. (Goodness, fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies sounds so good right now!) 
  • edited September 2018
    @omnommer yes to fresh baked goods! Yum! And congrats on your productivity. Today I feel like I did nothing!

@whitneyb89 I'm super excited for the cooler weather, too. This evening was even a bit chilly!

@morgantu best of luck packing! We've STILL got to get our butts in gear and get UNpacking over here.  It's going on 2 months already!

@echo-charlietango what is a lamp harp and project 62???  So curious!

@binxybaby aw your hubby is sweet! Enjoy your trip to Orlando to visit him.  I don't think your enjoyment of his smell is odd at all.  I think it's normal to feel comforted and calmed by the smell of your SO.  And that smell has a lot of memories associated with it.

26+3

GD test next week, can't decide if I should go Tuesday or Thursday. Fun stuff. 

3) RRQDD?
    I'm super excited for tomorrow. We are getting our rings from the jeweler! Maybe I'll AW and post pics if y'all will allow it!

Just one? I'm going to post a bunch, sorry!  Baked goods, crisp fall air with hints of leaves and fire, the smell of the stables (horses, hay, and leather), the smell of rain on black top.  
  • donnawicksdonnawicks member
    edited September 2018
    28 weeks here's to the third trimester!!

Had my growth scab and my LO is now measuring ahead a week and also looks like she has her father's head size ughh nooo he thinks this is hilarious 
    3) RRQDD?
    Rant trying to pack up a house pregnant omg am really starting to feel round luckily we have about 3 weeks before we actually do move because I'm gonna need that time to just pack the little things 
    Vanilla!! Love it so much especially in baking 
    Or the smell of the rain especially after it's just been raining I don't know why but I find it so soothing 
  • Yes @scaredunprepared definitely wanna see pics of rings! Have fun! 
  • @scaredunprepared A lamp harp is the piece of metal (usually brass) that goes around the bulb and holds up the shade. Harps are often topped with a finial to keep the shade snug. And Project 62 is a line of home goods at Target!

@donnawicks @ab_canada That pleasant post-rain scent is called petrichor :wink:

Anniversary
  • @ab_canada Bahaha :lol:

Anniversary
  • edited September 2018
    @echo-charlietango lol thanks for the enlightenment...pun sort of intended ;)

And SUPER bummed our rings weren't in yet!!! I have to wait until Wed or Thursday now!  Ugh.
  • @binxybaby Have fun in FL!

29 weeks

I had my 28 week on Monday and I failed my one hour glucose test.  Boooo

3) RRQDD?
    Rant: stupid one hour test!  I'm pretty upset.
    Rant 2: My computer is being so slow and annoying.

OK this is a weird one.  When I was a kid my family bred great danes.  My aunt used to keep their dog food (just regular pedigree kibble) in a (clean) garbage can.  I used to love the smell of that food!  I would put my head in the garbage can and just inhale.  I tried to eat it a few times and sadly the taste did not match the smell.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Bummer - sorry about failing the one-hour test. Hopefully the three-hour test won't be too bad - FX!
    (I think it's cute that you loved that dog food, and had to sample it :lol:)

Anniversary
  • @kadeephd sorry about the 1hr test :(  Did you schedule your 3hr yet? Hopefully that one goes better!
  • @scaredunprepared I have the 3 hour scheduled for Monday, but I'm considering calling Monday morning and asking the dr if i can just monitor my sugars for a few weeks instead.  I wrote all about it in the weekly appointments thread.  I'm unreasonably anxious about the test.  Thanks to you and @echo-charlietango for the well wishes though!  Maybe I will do it and it won't be horrible.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you?

26+4 days 

Had to got to L and D yesterday for bloodwork to check for cholestasis because my hands and feet have been itching. Ill do my ranting in this section because the whole day was terrible. Im a teacher and my husband was off of work and decided to call the nurse and ask about my itching because ive been complaining to him about it and telling him im worried. The nurse called me but after my plan period and i dont get service in my classroom. Then my husband kept calling saying i needed to go to the hospital. I was supposed to stay after school for musical auditions, but got in a quick phone calle to the nurse. She was pissed my husband called and told me i had to leave work immediately and go to the ER and they would be waiting for me....well i live an hour from the hospital. I couldnt get a hold of my husband. I couldnt find my principal to tell her i had to leave right now. Teaching is not a job you can just get up and walk out the door... anyway. They monitored the baby and did bloodwork and after four hours i was sent home because the diagnostic test for cholestasis takes 3-5 days. The whole thing was just an experience and my husband was pissed the whole time... he is the one that called and started all of this!!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I told him if this is the worst part of our pregnancy we are lucky. 

3) RRQDD?
    see above. Had a day. 

I have to do my 1 hr glucose test. I was going to do it this morning, but after everything yesterday im not up for it!  

i love the smell of coffee grounds!! I dont even drink coffee but i think it smells amazing 😂

Good luck with those that have to take the 3 hour! Thinking of all december due date mamas! 
  • @echo-charlietango didn't know that!! The things I learn here 
  • edited September 2018
    @kadeephd I read your update!  So sorry about the anxiety this is causing you.  I hope  whatever to you decide, the results are that you don't have GD.  But if you do, you've got a great support network here! Thinking of you. 

@mkeys89 how frustrating!  Funny how men get pissed about silly things,  especially when THEY cause them.  I can't believe it takes 3-5 days for your results! Couldn't they have just checked your bloodwork at a lab in that case? And that would have only been 20 minutes instead of 4 hours! Ugh.  Hoping all is well.