Infertility
Options

Sep 2018 FET

Re: Sep 2018 FET

• Options
    Hi ladies, so as I mentioned before my beta was 784 on Friday the 14 and this Monday the 17 my beta numbers were 2968.

No more blood work, I go in for my first ultra sound on Monday oct 1st.  Now another wait. Fx everything is looking great for a healthy pregnancy and I cant wait to see everyone elses BFP!!! ♡♡♡♡♡
  • Options
    Congratulations @Knottie1454544148

AFM, my clinic didn't agree for Friday testing. So I have to wait till Monday for testing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @mrsyng i'm so sorry you are feeling gloomy. i think all of us understands and have been there at one point or another. i cried to god on the top of my lungs inside my car inside a grocery store parking lot because i was overtaken with emotions as i was driving and i couldn't see the road because my eyes were filling with tears so fast. I cried to him again 3 days post transfer as i kept feeling AF symptoms and i told him i didn't know where to go from here if this doesn't work. I have days where it's so dark that i don't ever want to crawl out and then days when it's ok to function. Even now, like you, i am afraid to hope. Anyways, i just wanted you to know that i am giving you a virtual hug and i totally understand where you are coming from. You are not alone. I pray for good news today from your betas. I had bleeding with my daughter too and was put on bedrest. Not sure if that is an option for you if it is a Subchorionic haematoma, which is very common. 
    ***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • Options
    Hi guys - just updating that this cycle was a BFN for us. Congrats to all the successes and I wish you happy and healthy pregnancies!
  • Options
    @chamomile-2 sorry to hear about BFN. How many more embies do you have frozen. 
  • Options
    hi everyone, a bit behind today... work's been crazy.

@chamomile-2 i'm so sorry about the BFN, that's a major bummer. I saw that you still have 1 embie left, do you think you'll roll right into October?

@justharrison woo, so happy to see the betas doubling appropriately. how far along will you be for friday's u/s? is it just to check that everything's in the right place? or are they expecting to see more?

@mrsyng is it just the lack of symptoms/spotting that are bringing you worry? how are your HPTs progressing?  my fingers and toes are all crossed for your today. I really hope it's the nerves/stress that have led you to question the viability and that your numbers are on the rise and this pregnancy will have less "symptoms."  my two BFPs looked so different -- the first one, I was immediately and unbearably nauseous and crazy sense of smell, the second one -- i went through the same spiraling bc i wasn't experiencing hardly any symptoms.  i'm trying to approach this attempt with much more dampened expectations and now know that truly anything can happen and to reserve judgment until the official tests.

hey @babyhopeful442 , exciting that we both have betas on 9/24. i didn't see you on the spreadsheet, so I added you and filled in the details that I could, but feel free to add/update as you get new info.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ePVByPWfRU1USxQMiaE_fiOHwGS6LA2rwBCQWJSXds/edit#gid=0

@bkatp how are you holding up? i'm sorry they wouldn't squeeze you in on Friday... the weekend's going to be a beast, i'm sure.  "break through" spotting isn't the same as implantation spotting.  progresterone is suppose to keep you from having your period, but i have seen aunt flo "break through" even when women are on PIO to indicate that they are not pregnant (or had an early miscarriage).  spotting could also indicate a subchorionic hematoma which is less than ideal, but shouldn't harm the pregnancy... they often resolve on their own, but do lead to more worry for sure. 

afm, 3dpt.  really trying to avoid the symptom spotting, but here are some of my observations.
    1dpt - lots of EWCM or other "wetness"; bloating
    2dpt - soooo tired, think i feel super warm
    3dpt - soooo tired; disgusted by the smell of my dog's food this am
    no real cramping... maybe light pulling, but could just be the way i'm laying in bed.

since work's busy and i have lots to catch up this weekend, i'm hoping this'll keep my mind of POAS. :)

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options
    Thanks @northbeach3 for explaining breakthrough bleeding. I have not tested yet so I do not know what my results are. I haven't spotted again other than that drop of blood. Initially I was planning on testing at home tomorrow, but I dropped that idea cos I don't want to spoil my weekend and I am afraid to know the result when I have lot of time for myself. 
  • Options
    well, FWIW, i hear that just a drop of blood is similar to implantation bleeding... so, hope that's what it is!  i'll be with you in the no-POAS club this weekend. FX for us. :)
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Options
    Hmm that's the hope I'll live with for the weekend. Thank you for comforting me.FX for all of us 
  • Options
    @Momifbysea your transfer is up tomorrow correct? Good luck 

@justharrison good luck with U/S and blood test tomorrow
  • Options
    @bkatp hopefully you won’t see anymore spotting and get a good beta on Monday!

@chamomile-2 I’m so sorry to hear of the bfn. Please take the time to grieve.

@northbeach3  I stopped poas after 8dpt since I ran out of hpt and was not going to waste anymore more money on them, if it was going result in a bfn. And with the lack of sxs, it really threw me into a spiral of negativity and crazy emotional. Thanks so much for sharing your different sxs from your previous MC - both of mine were the same, so I had nothing else to compare it with or even considered that it could be different. 

I did get beta results this morning and was super busy with work and didn’t have time to update sooner. 
    9/18 Beta #1 8dpt = 89
    9/20 Beta #2 10dpt = 264

This is the first time my first two betas have appropriately doubled or in this case tripled. With no sxs other than being tired and it doesn’t help that I’m always tired regardless. We are cautiously optimistic and seriously will continue to hold our breath. The RN said we didn’t need another beta until next Friday but I wasn’t convinced and suggested we get one earlier - I’ll have another one on Monday & next Friday. 

• Options
    Congratulations @mrsyng that's a great relief. 
  • Options
    babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited September 2018
    @mrsyng what a great relief! congrats on your great beta results, that's awesome!
    @chamomile-2 I'm very sorry for your BFN? did they give you any explanation? are you gonna take a break or trying with your last embryo in October if you can? 
    @bkatp, sorry they couldn't squeeze you in for Friday, Monday will be here before you even know it
    @Knottie1454544148 congratulations for your good beta results as well, I'm happy to see all these good news on this board.
    GL with your 2WW @northbeach3 and hang in there, work is killing me too here, reason why I m not so active but try to post at least once a day 
  • Options
    @mrsyng I kept checking today for your beta results update and i'm so happy that your beta tripled!!! i'm feeling very optimistic for you!! Congrats!
    ***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all the support, it is truely
    appreciated.  :)
  • Options
    Hey now! Glad you got some good news today @mrsyng! Hope I can follow in your footsteps!! I’m jealous that your clinic will do additional betas if you ask. I think mine would tell me to chill out (unless I started with low betas). 

Have a a great day tomorrow @momifbysea! Take it easy and let the little one dig in. :)

fx for good scan @justharrison!

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I had acupuncture yesterday and she said she could tell I was in a good place. Feeling good. Not expecting success, know my odds, but focused on gratitude for what I have. I so appreciate all your support! 1pm central time is my appt.

/Knottie1454544148 congrats, great news!

@mrsyng wow triple?!? That has got to be a relief!

@bkatp and @northbeach3 good luck getting through the no POAS weekend! I will be there next week. I am without a computer up here so forgot how many days out you are @bkatp.
  • Options
    mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited September 2018
    @justharrison
    and @mrsyng
    I'm so happy to hear these good results! I've been thinking of you two in particular (not that everyone else is chopped liver, haha, it's just your stories struck a chord with me). I do hope this is your month! -crosses fingers-

Those with BFPs, as always, you are welcome to join us over at Pregnant after IF when you feel ready (I didn't feel ready until my third trimester!). 

And good luck to those who are going to be testing soon!! 

My thoughts are with everyone who didn't have this cycle go their way... <3<3  Your turn is just around the corner, I'm sure of it!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    @Momifbysea I am 9dpt today.  For blood work on Monday I'll be 12dpt, so if postive I should see a number above 200 atleast
  • Options
    @justharrison lurking to see how your ultrasound went!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    mrsyngmrsyng member
    edited September 2018
    @northbeach3 thanks. I truely hope you do follow in my steps with beta too. It’s been a struggle for us all to get here. My clinic typically does a 3rd beta draw a week after the 2nd but I don’t think they would allow me to have so many beta draws either if i
    had to go to their clinic/lab to get it done since I don’t even believe it’s covered; even though, I pay oop $3300/transfer excluding meds! However, they will give me an many as I want since it goes through my healthcare provider lab and all labwork is covered by my insurance as long as I’m going to their lab locations. 

@mbradfo2 thanks for thinking of me. I hope to one day make it over to a different board other than IF..

@Momifbysea I hope you transfer goes well today! 

Btw, I can’t want for all the betas to come on Monday! Hoping you 3 get good results!! @northbeach3 @bkatp @babyhopeful442
  • Options

Back from transfer! RE said everything looked beautiful. I broke down crying after the transfer when the RE and nurse assured me I had done all that I can and he said it was now out of our hands and gestured up towards heaven. He stood over me and grasped my hands for awhile as they expressed how hopeful they were after all these cycles. It was a special experience, much different than last time.
  • Options
    Congratulations @Momifbysea on successful transfer. Embryo looks beautiful and it is already hatching. 
  • Options
    jusgigijusgigi member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I had my ultrasound today, i am measuring 1 day ahead. My GS was 6.78mm and the doctor was able to see a yolk sac (i wasnt able to see it). My hcg went up to 2400 (so doubling time is 37 hrs). Doctor said he fully expects to see a heartbeat next friday. He said we have a long road ahead of us but we are off to a great start. He wasnt concerned about my spotting he said it happens more often than not and just let them know if it turns bright red.
    @Knottie1454544148 congrats! Im so happy for you! Oct 1 will be here before you know it.
    @bkatp that sucks your clinic wont let you come in early!! You would think that as much money as we fork out to them (and for how long weve been patients) they would let you do bloodwork as often as you want considering it literally costs them PENNIES. Hopefully the weekend flies by. I have my FX for you.
    @chamomile-2  im so sorry this cycle was a bust. Where do you plan on going from here?
    @northbeach3 and @bkatp  yall have so much inner strength to refrain from testing! 
    @mrsyng that is a great doubling time (around 31 hrs) so awesome!!!
    @mbradfo2 thank you! This has been a very long and hard road and will be totally worth it when I can finally hold my baby in my arms. I amnreally hoping this is my lucky rainbow baby! I will definitely check out that forum (though may wait awhile to join)
    @mayflower513 i dont think it could've have went any better :smile:.
    @Momifbysea  what a beautiful hatching embryo! The different layers are really pronounced! Sending you all the good vibes i can!

• Options
    @justharrison I’m so happy to read your update - I’ve never seen anyone measuring a day ahead, what a hurdle passed! Enjoy every moment, you deserve it!
  • Options
    aww, what cute embie @Momifbysea!  i'm gonna call that a 5AA! :)  my RE likes to do a little hand wave above my womb and then a gesture to the sky after the transfer. i'm glad you had a more warm experience this time.  now the waiting game!! i forget, are you planning on HPT?  if yes, what dpt will you start?

@justharrison wonderful news! a day ahead!? so crazy!  what w+d are you now? and what will you be at your next us?  

• Options
    @northbeach3 thanks! They said 5AB but I’ll take it! I didn’t test last time but this time I think day 7 maybe? Thoughts?
  • Options
    Congrats on your successful transfer @Momifbysea and beautiful embaby! 
    I'm very happy for you @justharrison! Glad to see those beta numbers increasing each time, that's wonderful, and beautiful U/S picture! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the well wishes @Momifbysea, @northbeach3, and @babydust2507. I go back for another ultrasound on friday the 28th. However i started spotting worse this morning and its a darkish brown/red so im probably going to call and see if i can go back sooner. Even though my doctor didnt seem too concerned about it I am.

• Options
    sungirl39sungirl39 member
    edited September 2018
    *Lurking* @justharrison it is very very common to have increased spotting the day after an ultrasound, nothing to worry about.  I get it too (I'm 8wks right now and have been spotting since 5wks.)  I always have more than usual the day after my ultrasounds!

• Options
    @justharrison congratulations on good ultrasound. Spotting dark brown is still okay according to my RE as well.hopefully next week ultrasound you will see a heart beat that will take your fears away
  • Options
    @justharrison
    what the other ladies said -- sometimes the ultrasound can make you spot more (that happened to me). I also spotted throughout the first trimester, mostly brown/pink but the occasional spot of red. Freaks you out, but normal according to my nurse. Since everything looked good yesterday, it's unlikely that there's been any major change in 24 hours :-)
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @justharrison, I can appreciate your concern, I don't have any experience with that unfortunately but what the other ladies said made sense to me and i hope it will give you some reassurance until your next appt. Meanwhile I'll be praying for you, keep us posted!
  • Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    How is everyone doing? I am trying to hold my emotions. 1 more day to go to reveal first part of my suspense. 
  • Options
    You can do it @bkatp!! I have to write an exam for my Tuesday class so I spent the better part of the day working with my colleague and have plenty of errands to run tomorrow. Trying to keep busy and remind myself that I’ve done everything that I can. Thinking about Mondays results does pop into my head every so often nd kept me up last night but I try to redirect when I can. 

Are you symptom spotting?

• Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    Same here, trying to keep myself busy.  Occasional cramping and sore bums from PIO :D. That's it. 
  • Options
    yeah, trying not too read too much in to any one thing. as i was mentioning to @mrsyng before, by last two BFPs have looked totally different... so i don't think anyone thing is a true symptom for me... but i woke up in the middle of the night from crazy vivid dreams, and that's when thoughts of monday's test popped into my head.

no real cramping... just bloating. haha

• Options
    Ya I read somewhere cramping can also be cos of progesterone. So nothing can be read from that either.
  • Options
    Hang in there girlfriends @northbeach3 and @bkatp you can do it! Thinking of you! and FX for good result tomorrow! I'll be taking my last BCP tonight and have my baseline appt tomorrow, I'm excited to be done with BCP at least! 
  • Options
    Thanks @sungirl39 oh wow! You have been spotting since 5wks? Thanks for letting me know about your experience!
    @bkatp thats what i am hoping. I just have a feeling this is going to end badly and i think that i am overreacting to all the little things. Thanks for the words of support!
    @mbradfo2 that is a good point about it being unlikely anything changed in a day! Thanks!
    @babydust2507 thanks for the kind words! 

My husband surprised me with a trip to Longwood Gardens yesterday and we didn’t make it home until almost midnight. That and working all day today helped keep my mind off of things.