December 2018 Moms

STM+ Check In 9.19

katy0990katy0990 member
edited September 2018 in December 2018 Moms
Nails:

Fails: 

Questions:

GTKY: How are your other child/children reacting to your pregnancy?

Re: STM+ Check In 9.19

• Loading the player...
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited September 2018
    @temmetime Can you take him somewhere fun (depending on how you are feeling, of course) maybe Christmas lights at the zoo, the aquarium, a children’s museum, or Great Wolf Lodge.
    Edit: Wrong tag Oops!
  • @maureenmce I am glad you guys seem to be on the other side of it! Your daughter sounds like a hoot. I agree, 2.5 is a lot of fun!
  • @katy0990 I assume that was to me :) Unfortunately I live 2.5 hours from Omaha in a very rural area, so those places aren't feasible for us :( 
    @maureenmce he doesn't LOVE toys honestly. He gets excited about being able to play in our cars or getting to eat fruit snacks/popsicles. EDD is 11/29, so baby should be here (hopefully haha) and a few weeks old by then. The play date idea is a good one! Thank you!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @temmetime Yes, Oops! What about farm animals or tractors, sorry for stereotyping. I guess not all rural areas have those things. Maybe you could make popsicles? Bake Christmas cookies?
  • @katy0990 no worries, I grew up on a farm & there are definitely lots of animals and tractors and those things are some of DS' favorites! It will be winter in Nebraska, though, so that makes things dicey haha. Thanks for the suggestions!!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mrsm224 We are also struggling with naps, too! He has only napped 2 or 3 times in the past week, but I know he is tired!
    @Katzalia Can you wash it with baking soda and vinegar? Also, please let us know if you find a decent (non rectal) thermometer. I feel like we might as well be searching for a unicorn!
  • KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited September 2018
    @katy0990 I think the carseat is way too moldy — and could have been like that for a year since we moved. I worry about the integrity of the straps etc. and they recommend just spot cleaning, not full-on washing. So for safety and peace of mind, we are replacing. 

Also — thanks for commiserating on the unicorn thermometer search @katy0990 @AdorkablePixie . Seems like it shouldn’t be so hard....
  • @katzalia I use this one and I like it: 
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Exergen-Original-Temporal-Artery-Thermometer/452785073

It’s  one of the forehead ones. I swipe it across DD’s head a few times and go with the highest temp. I’ve used it on myself and it seems accurate to me. The only ear one I ever got was from Walgreens and it was crap so I’ve stuck with this one.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332  that is the one we have and I felt like it worked fine at first, but after the first year or so, I cannot get consistent readings. Plus, it typically gives me really low readings. How long have you had yours?
  • @maureenmce  so adorable - 2.5 is a great age for the cutest sayings! 
    @Katzalia I also use the forehead thermometer and just take it a few times and see where it’s at. 
  • @snugglyduckling25 That’s great he’s back at practice and did so well his first day back!! Good for him. Sorry about the meltdown. I know I’m no fun when I am hungry either. 

@rosebud332 That’s the one we have and we hate it. It never gives a consistent reading. Hmmm Kne day it told me DS had a temp of 103 and so I checked again and it was saying 98.5. That’s a huge difference!! He did not have a fever.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @katy0990 and @AdorkablePixie I’ve had mine about 18 months and never had a problem yet. I’ve heard other people say the forehead ones are not accurate though, so maybe they’re hit or miss? One of these days I’ll get a good ear thermometer so I don’t have to take multiple readings to make sure it’s right.
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332 You may just have the lucky batch of the exergen one!

@Erinka I also have developed some varicose veins in my leg this pregnancy for the first time. I was told that they are due to increased blood flow.
  • @AGK2015 Congratulations on potty training being a success!
  • @AGK2015 yay for potty training success!! Also, omg your daughter is so adorable, she's going to be an awesome big sister.

Re: thermometers...we use an under the arm thermometer that I have from when I was little :lol: our friend used their weird forehead one (you hold it like 3 inches away and point it at their forehead) and she got what seemed like normal readings for my son, but when I tried it later I got ridiculously high readings, so I'm apparently not cut out for fancy thermometers. We have an old ear thermometer, just need batteries and the little plastic thingies that cover the sensor, and I've honestly forgotten that until now lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @AGK2015 That's awesome. Congrats on the success!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @nawmin Oof sounds like you had quite a week. I hope it looks up from here. Christmas...I plan on doing my shopping on amazon, and as for cooking and cleaning, lol. No. I won’t be doing that. I have a couple of fake trees because I am a Christmas maniac and I’m putting up the easiest one, throwing some presents underneath and pretty much calling it a day. 
  • @nawmin I’m sorry about the stressful week!For Christmas, I am shopping as I see things (I got DS and H done). I’m decorating early and hoping for the best. I also do not plan on cooking. My H can do that this year.
  • @nawmin sorry about the hard week. 

Re: Christmas, I aim to be done with gifts and wrapping by Dec 1. We’ll put up the tree and decorate after Thanksgiving, and I expect I’ll be able to participate fully then.

We’re hosting Christmas again this year, but with a Dec 27 due date, hell no I’m not cooking dinner. We’ll do some sides at home (mostly not cooked by me), and order the main dinner from a grocery store. 
  • @nawmin we're getting Christmas shopping done over the next few weeks to spread out money spending and not save all shopping for when I'm huge/have a newborn. We also told people we won't be traveling for Christmas. If they want to see us, they need to come to us. We'll probably go to my dads, but he's 5 minutes down the road and we don't usually do a huge meal for 4.5 (toddler) of us. Though I do have a roast I'm thinking of making, super quick and easy and tasty! I say take a pass, don't try to be super woman right from the get-go!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18