2nd Trimester

Double stroller or not

I’m 15 weeks pregnant with baby #2. My Daughter will be 3 in November, so she’ll be almost 4 when her brother arrives. I am torn on whether or not a double stroller is necessary. I was planning on doing the baby carrier thing with the newborn on most outings, but perhaps that won’t always be the best approach. Any suggestions or insights on this?? 

Re: Double stroller or not

• I’m 15 weeks pregnant with baby #2. My Daughter will be 3 in November, so she’ll be almost 4 when her brother arrives. I am torn on whether or not a double stroller is necessary. I was planning on doing the baby carrier thing with the newborn on most outings, but perhaps that won’t always be the best approach. Any suggestions or insights on this?? 
    I would not get a double stroller, maybe a sit and stand, but I know that at 4 my niece would have nothing to do with a stroller and walked everywhere, even on long outings e.g. the zoo, museum, etc. 
  • When DD2 was born DD1 was only 2...and she still wouldn't ride in a stroller.  So we didn't bother with one.  Now I'm having #3 and DD2 can't even walk yet, so we did get one, but DD1 will likely never use it.

It depends a lot on the kid.  If your daughter loves walks in the stroller still at 3, it's not unreasonable to think she'll like them at 4.  But you can always wait and get the stroller later once you have a better idea of how much it will be used.  Or just get a cheaper double stroller if you don't plan to use it often.  We rented a double stroller in disney world for example because that was a time where DD1 would actually sometimes use it, but at home she never does, so we didn't want to buy one just to have for vacation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would wait until closer to your due date and see how often you use the stroller for your daughter. My son is only 2.5, but he prefers being out of the stroller when ever possible, so we got a sit and stand. Hopefully he likes it
  • Lurking..

I'm on baby #5 all kids around 2yrs apart. Never used a double stroller. So much easier to throw thethe little one in a carrier and use a small umbrella stroller for the older one or just hold their hand. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • If your older child was younger I would have said double stroller no question... my first 2 have 16 months between them and we used our double to the fullest. My youngest will be 4+ when our baby is due but I don't plan to use a double stroller. It would depend on the child, though. It is definitely more sensible to wait and see how it goes when the baby's here. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My first two are 27 months apart. So at first I did use a moby wrap on outings. But we have always had two strollers (the carseat/stroller system and an umbrella stroller). So usually we would just use both. But a double stroller or even one where the toddler can sit or stand in the back might have been nicer. Especially if you're by yourself a lot! Now my second and third will be 2 and a half years apart. I might see if I can find something. But probably not right away.