Parenting

My 3 month old fights naps so hard..

m_heatherm_heather member
edited September 2018 in Parenting
I have literally tried every angle. I was burping her to sleep or rocking, but she's fighting that too now and that's causing problems burping. So I've tried laying her down and letting her cry it out (when she gets too distressed to where she is screaming/choking I comfort her and put her back down) (she has a temper) but this lasts for 2 hours of her fighting sleep. As soon as she feels herself going, no matter which method I use, she'll start screaming again. I really need some advice here. She finally gets to sleep and it's been 3 hours and she needs to eat again. 
P.S. she sleeps through the night, and doesn't fight as hard to sleep. 

Re: My 3 month old fights naps so hard..

• Are you sure she’s tired? At 3 months babies might begin to consolidate naps into fewer longer naps. I’d also recommend having a strong routine leading up to bedtime. We used to change diaper, read a book, swaddle/put in sleep sack, turn on the sound machine and lay her down for every nap or bedtime. It helps to signal that it’s time to sleep.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I agree on the routine. My daughter sleeps ok at night but hates going down for naps. We found a lullaby station on YouTube that she loves and it makes it easier.

Me-36
    DH -35
    Married in 2008
    Started TTC in 2011
    Began testing May 2014
    Test Results
    HSG- clear
    Hysteroscopy- clear
    SA- 11 mil count
    45% motility
    Diagnosis: MFI
    July 2014: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    August 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    September 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    May 2018 after long period of not trying, starting adoption process with family friend's newborn
    November 2018 Adoption complete!