January 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 9/17

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 9/17

• @sweetyjenj At my last BMB, we had a thread called, “All Things Postpartum” which was quite popular around our due dates and of course after some of us had our littles. Stuff re: breastfeeding, bottlefeeding, hair loss, you name it. 
  • @sweetyjenj I'm all for a PP thread. Better early rather than late (particularly for those of us due at the beginning of the month and happen to be just a taaaaad type A)
  • Loading the player...
  • for coat (FTM): I bought an Old Navy fleece in a maternity size and me and baby (heck maybe two babies, if I find another one somewhere) could fit in zipped up! 

Other random: is anyone using Le Tote for maternity wear? I have a business trip next week and normally work from home... so almost all of my maternity clothes are super casual. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @sweetyjenj +1 for a PP thread now. Those who may not be interested yet can always go back to it later on. I've already started putting PP items on my amazon registry so that I can do one big purchase on Black Friday/Cyber Monday and use my completion discount at the same time. I'd rather be researching and picking people's brains now and adding stuff to my list so I'm ready.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I need opinions.

My youngest sister got engaged in the French countryside this past weekend! Thanksgiving (October 8th here) is the first time that her and her fiance will see the whole fam and bask in the spotlight. I love her fiance and I am super excited for them.

Many of you know I haven't told my family I'm pregnant yet and I was just going to surprise everyone and show up with my belly on Thansgiving. I don't know what to do now because I don't want my sister to have to share her moment.

Should I just go or should I come up with some excuse to miss it? I don't want to say anything beforehand either since they're still enjoying the excitement of their engagement.

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• @tosh24 Why don't you tell your sister privately and ask if she prefers you skip, tell people ahead of time, etc. If it were me/my sibling, I would love to share in the love and joy and excitement over everything together, but I know different people have different preferences - do you feel like you can leave it up to her?
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited September 2018
    I'm also wondering about a winter coat. I don't see how I can go without in NYC taking subway with my station above ground and lots of walking. My sister used to be way bigger so she has an old down coat she is going to let me try. DH is a foot taller and way bigger than me so that isn't an option. I worry about cheap coats because poly and acrylic isn't that warm. I checked out the insert for my super awesome Lands End down parka but they seemed expensive and weird looking. Last year it was consistently 10 degrees on my commute. Maybe I should ask my family in VA to look at a thrift store where there are no bed bugs. Or threadup? Open to any suggestions!

@tosh24 I would also ask your sister. It would be super thoughtful and go a long way to show you don't want to steal "her" moment, no matter the answer. Let us know what you decide.
  • @Kabazaba @greenhillgirl Approaching her was definitely my first thought but she's a blabbermouth so once she knows, everyone's going to know lol!

I'm also still not speaking to my dad and other sister (because of their crappiness towards my miscarriages) and not really interested in sharing the news with them, so avoiding Thansgiving would buy me more time. I just don't want to rain on my little sis' parade by causing tension at the gathering (haven't seen my other sister since Easter).

WHY ARE FAMILIES SO HARD!?!?!?

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 it's a sticky situation. I'd say that you guys can share your moments with the family (Thanksgiving) and this way if anyone's weird about your pregnancy they can focus on the engagement instead. Hopefully your sister wouldn't be offended that she had to "share" as they're totally different types of life events? 

Also, on the subject of coats/clothing: I broke down and am trying Le Tote for my upcoming business trip. You rent clothes and accessories, send them back (or keep and buy them); I've used them non-maternity and liked the selection. Anyhow, if anyone wanted to try a month for free -- https://letote.com/freetote/ANDREA5649

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @tosh24 i would say that some people don't care as much as we think they would. Maybe she'd love to share your great news on the day she's sharing her great news. For me personally, I would rather my sister be there and also show up pregnant than to miss it just because she thinks she's doing me a favor. That's up to her to decide :) By you coming up with an excuse is taking away her ability to share the love with you on that day. BUT, if you're looking forward to showing up on Thanksgiving and you personally don't want to show up to the engagement party and share with people there, then skip it.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Thanks for the input!

I think I'll call her the morning of and let her know. That way she won't be caught off guard and also won't be inclined to blab since she only has to keep the secret for a couple of hours. Win win :)

TFAS since 2012

• KLS123  said. It's like Carrie to Charlotte in Sex and the City- you get a day, not a whole week. You don't get a year! lol
  • I have a bad cold, and everytime I cough or sneeze I pee a little..pregnancy is so glorious 
  • @greenhillgirl I was just reading about drama between the Sex and the City cast, and then thought I want to binge watch that show fro I'm beginning to end. 

@tosh24 talk to her ahead of time and then share the moment at Thanksgiving. Fill us in on how it goes. 

@wkuandrea how are the maternity pants from Le Tote? Let me know what you think about the maternity box. I'm thinking of trying it out. 
  • Rachel2066Rachel2066 member
    edited September 2018
    @rooonilwaazlib - I'm right there with you. I live in CT so no coat is not an option. My old coat bit the dust at the end of last season - (12 inch tear in the sleeve for the last 6 weeks but I didn't want to buy a new coat for barely 1 month so I just put up with it). Being plus size to start out with, it makes finding a coat even more challenging. I found a plus size coat on Motherhood Maternity. See here: https://tinyurl.com/ycs62wn4 I might look like a poof ball but I'll be warm! I added it to my registry and I'm going to mark it as a "most wanted" item so hopefully someone gets it for me! If not, then that is going to be a Christmas request from DH. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • RE: Winter Coat - I bought DH and myself nice Northface Coats a few years ago and I can count on one hand the number of times he has worn it because he hates wearing coats over hoodies and he lives in hoodies in the winter so I'm keeping fingers crossed that his will fit me until baby is born.  Then I have a few bigger coats I kept after losing weight that will hopefully work PP.
  • DS has a cold but it’s not too bad. He’s in good spirits and he’s playing just on a more mellow level.  We had two sleepless nights because he kept waking up crying. I busted out all of the cold remedies last night: full dose of Benadryl, Vick’s vapo rub on his chest and feet, and a humidifier. He slept all night! I just hope I don’t get it. I hate being sick while pregnant and I haven’t been sick (other than MS) so far this pregnancy *knocks on wood.*
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cait32

That was..... interesting..... 
  • @cait32 I think May is the most entertaining thus far. My head hurts from trying to connect a bunch of words [of course spelled incorrectly] but the responses have me laughing out loud. That was quite the intro. 
  • @cait32 wow, that intro thread is incredible. There's another gem on page 8 who says her DH is a man child who isn't on board with the pregnancy. Healthy!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• DH was wondering why I was making faces last night while reading my phone. We had a good laugh reading that thread 
  • thanks, guys!  I've had a crappy morning and could use some laughs so off I go to May for some lurking :)
  • @cait32 thanks for that gem. +1 to all the dead brain cells. Lol definitely needed that tho. And +1 for all of us January moms. Idk if I could deal or want to be apart of May. 😳 going to keep checking in there and lurking for drama. 
  • So much drama already! I'm so glad you shared  :D 

I have a cousin that behaves like 'caramel' and all the teasing and calling her out just went over her head. There is definitely something off mentally.

I also have a coworker that sends emails with poor grammar like that and I just can't. No one does anything about it and it's so embarrassing! I actually had a customer forward me one of her emails and asked me to explain what she was asking! 
  • re: May 19........... :|:|:|
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • HAHA I am dying over that May19 board (PS totally floored that people could be due in May 19... it's so far away... how far we have all come). Thanks for the GIF translation @AliKay20! And really glad that I don't have to be in that group :)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• +1 to being thankful that pretty much everyone seems normal here.  Although it was interesting to read the part about all hell breaking loose on the bump.  I was actually wondering why things were so different now but it feels like it was a lifetime ago when I was active (Feb '13 board) and we legit went from the bump to a FB group by 15wks so I didn't spend much time on the actual board.
  • I just found out that the extra person they were going to hire isn't happening because our contract modification was denied. My boss is freaking out because I'll be gone (I'm their site engineer and oversee 3 sys admins) and asked if it would be worth hiring a temp to fill in for me. I told him basically no and listed reasons why. I then asked him if there's anything in my contract about whether or not I can work from home and if I can indeed work from home I'll consider cutting my maternity leave short. FX it works out. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @AliKay20 your Jim Carrey meme took me waaaaay back. I remember seeing Liar, Liar for the first time and getting to that scene. I remember laughing so hard I was crying. Thanks for the memory! 
  • totally random revival of past questions: can anyone recommend podcasts? I've loved Serial from the start, and am caught up on Up and Vanished and This American Life. I tried My Favorite Murder and just don't like the format/hosts. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @wkuandrea I’m full of podcast recommendations!
    Similar to ones you’ve listed:
    Dr. Death
    In The Dark
    True Crime Garage
    Dirty John 

Others I love:
    The Popcast
    How I Built This
    Coffee + Crumbs
    Sorta Awesome
    Risen Motherhood

How do you feel about Up and Vandished Season 2? I enjoyed the first season, but I just cannot get into this one. 

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24