March 2018 Moms

“Solid Foods” Thread

2»

Re: “Solid Foods” Thread

• @ashtuesday agreed on the too tired after daycare to eat comment- she takes a 25 mon cat nap then I have to wake her to start night time routine.  We tried the Gerbee chicken and rice tonight and after 6 spoonfuls she wasn’t having any of it.  
  • High five @crossfitbabybump mine either. I really don't understand now that I have my own child. I could never do that to this sweet baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mccurleya - exactly! we used to be so close so I don't know what happened? oh well, I'm not going to dwell on it anymore. Their loss :(

lol my kid, my vagina, my rules.

• Mom shaming is so rampant.  Another one for being shamed for feeding my baby cereal(infant oatmeal) and starting solids before 6 months.  Both were recommended by our pedi.  

Growing up I never heard my mom being judged for things today that she did/fed us another mom today would be calling child protective services!  What has happened to society? 
  • We've been trying BLW but it's not really working. She has 2 teeth, sits up pretty well, and was showing interest in food. Until we put it in front of her. She plays with what ever I put on her tray but it's the one thing in the world she doesn't put in her mouth. WTF? 

When we put the bits in her mouth she smiles, gums it, gags a bit, and swallows. but she never puts the food in her mouth. I told dh she's just not ready. 

Re: peanut butter, our pedi didn't mention it but I saw new research showing they now thinks it's best to introduce it between 4 & 6 months to prevent allergy showing up later. *shrug* it's all just a guessing game, I think...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @mmom3 - everyone thinks they're entitled to an opinion now-a-days. I don't know what happened but I am one of those mama's that will NOT tolerate it. And as of late, I have no problem telling people off - respectfully. lol
  • @crossfitbabybump- I like your motto!  I’m more reserved and it makes me more reserved or shy away from people because it can be something so unsuspecting and somebody has to put you down.  It makes me so sad because it wasn’t like that years ago.  I think most moms work so hard to care for their families and do a pretty darn good job but somebody is always voicing their opinion and we feeling like we can’t get anything right.  
  • @DDRRT1982 yeah, sounds similar and I'm sure it's not a developmental problem. I'm not even sure it's particular foods she doesn't like. I think it might just be the texture/feeling of semi solid stuff in her mouth. We'll just keep trying and letting her do her thing. 
    LOL nursing them to college.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• So as predicted, my stint as a homemade baby food chef ended when I went back to work.  The last two weeks, I've switched Nora to the basic Gerber first foods (apples, sweet potatoes, and bananas are really all she's experimented with so far).  TMI, but it is ASTOUNDING how much her poop has changed switching from homemade to store bought food.  It smells worse, the colors are stranger, it is much harder... for the exact same foods I was feeding her homemade!  While I never thought there was really much difference, the physiological evidence is making the mom guilt kick in.  I might be slaving away over the Baby Bullet again sooner rather than later.
  • How is the baby bullet different from a blender or food processor? I've got a bullet and two food processors, and I don't want another thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @fatstagnation I don't think it actually is any different. I was just obsessed with the Magic Bullet infomercial back in the day, so the Baby Bullet was the first thing my mom bought when I told her I was pregnant lol. It does come with baby food storage containers but they're nothing special.
  • @ashtuesday that’s interesting about the poop consistency.