1st Trimester
Options

Overweight and Pregnant

This is my 2nd pregnancy and I'm about 10 weeks and i'm fairly overweight...due to feeling like crap the past 3 weeks, i've been able to maintain my weight but now all i seem to do is eat eat eat...is that even normal for how early i am?  I figured that would come along in the 2nd trimester!!

I didn't have any of these issues in my first pregnancy (my DD is 3 years old at the end of this month)...I had nausea but i still had the strength to work out and feel better (i was overweight as well back then but still able to maintain since I was exercising).

Anyway, i digress...have any of you ladies have an appetite so early in your pregnancy?

Re: Overweight and Pregnant

• Options
    Increased appetite was my main symptom in first trimester. Do your best to keep healthful snacks available so when the urge strikes you have something to munch on that is good for you.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I had a big appetite early on. Try to eat healthy but check in with your doctor on weight guidelines. I’ve gained more that the norm with both of my pregnancies but my doctor hasn’t seem concerned. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Guys...yup i'm trying to stuff myself with fruits and vegetables. I had Gestational Diabetes with my first and i'm trying to avoid it this time around!!  
  • Options
    Early in my pregnancy, eating nonstop was one of the only things that helped ease my nausea.  I agree with other posters - eat healthy snacks (I did a lot of fruit salad, and mini bagels for when I wanted carbs).  When you have the energy, keep active and take walks to try to balance some of the increased caloric intake.  And props to you for making your health a priority! 
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Options
    I have been the opposite from my first or worse in everything. I am overweight for my height, so this time I am trying to workout and be healthier. I haven’t eaten fried foods in months and all of a sudden it’s what I want. I don’t eat nearly as much as I did with my first. However everything I read says if you are a certain amount of pounds overweight you should only gain so much during the whole pregnancy. I also read you shouldn’t really increase you food I take just yet. We have to just make sure we are making better choices with what we are eating.