Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester check in w/o 9/17

mayflower513mayflower513 member
edited September 2018 in Pregnant after IF

Happy Monday ladies!  This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 2nd trimester!! If you are in weeks 13-27, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

How far along?

Appts this coming week?

How're you feeling this week?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what?

Mommies to be:

@mag1cbeli3ver 12/1 BOY!

@Joslynj11 12/1 GIRL/BOY TWINS! 

@prudence9-2 12/6 BOY!

@Ilky 12/12 BOY!

@DecemberDoll27 12/15 BOY!

@artemis618 12/21 GIRL! 

@tosh24 1/7

@mayflower513 2/4 BOY!

@LynnNJ 2/2 BOY!

@darkstar42 2/13 BOY!

@JamieH2000 2/20 FINDING OUT!

@halips 2/24 BOY!

@drove2u 3/23 FINDING OUT!

@kristimh80 3/28 GIRL!

Please, also let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here! ❤❤❤

Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

Re: 2nd Trimester check in w/o 9/17

• How far along? 20 weeks

Appts this coming week? None.  I had my monthly last Thursday and everything looked good.  She suggested a belly band for the pressure which seems to help.  She also suggested calcium/magnesium for the restless leg... she said 500/400 but I found a 500/250 that I started taking.  I haven’t had it since... yet.  Hopefully it’s helping.  She thought the pain I had earlier but he week could have been bruising from the tech pushing around.  Who knows!  Luckily I haven’t had t since and haven’t had any bleeding so hopefully it was a one off, whatever it was.

How're you feeling this week?  Ok!  I can’t tell if some discomfort I’ve had is Braxton Hicks or something else.  It feels tense and somewhat uncomfortable but my stomach doesn’t do what it did first pregnancy.  It doesn’t feel tight on the outside.  So I’m wondering if it’s baby curling up or something.  Sleeping is extremely uncomfortable which is scary to me considering I’m only halfway.  If I get woken up after going to sleep it can take 2-3 hours to fall back to sleep.

Rants/Raves:  Just the sleep thing!  Also, posting this from my phone is extremely annoying.  It won’t let me scroll down beyond the screen. 

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what?  I bought a snuggle me organic because it was 25% off, but I haven’t even opened the box yet.  I also bought this cute outfit while on vacation.  It was way overpriced but we have so many clothes already from our 3 year old that I figured what the hell.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • @mayflower513 Love that outfit! And sleeping is for sure getting rough. I’m right there with you on worrying about how bad it’s going to get if I’m struggling this much now.

How far along? I’ll be 19 weeks on Wednesday!

Appts this coming week? Midwife appointment on Friday.

How're you feeling this week? Good! I’ve been having some issues with swelling in my feet and legs, but I think maybe it’s under control now. Getting ready to go to work with my compression socks and my super comfy shoes. 

Rants/Raves: The school year is in full swing now! Last week was extremely hectic, so I’m hoping this week will be better. My classes are fun though, so that’s always good. My goal is to get all my work done at work, but so far that’s been hard. 

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what? Nothing yet! I think after the 20 week u/s we’ll start putting together a registry and shopping a bit. 

• How far along? 13 weeks  not sure when second trimester really starts but joining in here anyway  haha 

Appts this coming week? Friday I have an ultrasound  first one since 8 weeks which was with my RE  

How're you feeling this week? no complaints here  

Rants/Raves:

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what? Not yet. This is my second so have a bunch of girl stuff. Hope to find out soon the sex of this one. If a boy then it’ll be another ball game. Lol 

@mayflower513 can you add me? EDD: March 23. Thanks! 

• 24 weeks today! Apparently baby is the size of a canteloupe now which might be why I seem to all of a sudden feel large and in charge!

No appointments until October.

Feeling pretty good! Some constipation still, had a bout of sciatica yesterday, and a sore tailbone, but overall feeling pretty decent. My feet, ankles, and knees swelled like crazy on Friday which freaked me out. Relaxed and put them up for a couple of hours and they went back down. Have been fine since. Going to watch my sodium intake a little closer, I think....

I didn't buy much until the A/S but have pretty much finished buying the big stuff now! Have a crib/dresser/change table, glider, stroller, pack n play, swing, and diaper bag. Still have boy and girl clothes packed away so I'm good there. I need to buy a new car seat, 2 new baby gates, and a baby monitor still. And about 10 more nb cloth diapers. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @mayflower513 Cute outfit!!! My BH have also felt different this time - exactly how you describe. Not the weird stomach distorting tighteness, just tense and uncomfortable. 

@darkstar42 Have you found the compression socks work? I've never had issues with swelling before so my cankles are very new to me lol. Other than elevation, I'm not quite sure what to do to help the situation.

@Drove2u Welcome to second tri!!! Good luck at your u/s on Friday!

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• @mayflower513 and @darkstar42 I hear you on the sleeping! But I have a pregnancy pillow and it helps a lot! It is still not comfortable 100% but I get solid 6 hours a night and I am pain free (almost) during the day. Hang in there, ladies! 

@Drove2u welcome to the second trimester!

How far along? 27w 2d! This is my last week in the second trimester!

Appts this coming week? Glucose test and OB on thursday!  As well as rogham shot

How're you feeling this week? I am ok, getting tired easily and heartburn still, but that's getting better. I now don't eat past 7pm and only drink milk or yogurt before bed and that redused my nightly heartburn/reflux struggle. 

Rants/Raves: I feel like baby boy is starting to run out of room because he does not kick that hard anymore. It is more soft kicking, rolling and stretching. I am going to ask my OB about it. It is a little early for that but I am petite with short torso and he is a week or so ahead as well.

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what? We bought nursery furniture which will get here in a month or so. We also got a crib mattress, pack and play, baby monitor and a diaper bag. I am trying to get all the big stuff out of the way first and enjoy buying small stuff later. 

I also started knitting a newborn sleeve thingy for him and I plan to make a hat and baby booties from the same yarn! I will post pictures when I am done. Super excited about that! Fall makes me wanna knit and crochet.

Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • @Drove2u Welcome!
    @tosh24 I'm so impressed by how much shopping you've gotten done! The compression socks are new for me, so I'll report back in a couple of days. So far today they're feeling pretty good though. I also went out and bought three pairs of crocs (not the super dorky clogs, but some reasonably cute designs), that helps enormously with foot pain. I hadn't even thought about checking my sodium intake, but of course that makes sense! The other big one for me is just drinking tons of water.
    @DecemberDoll27 Love the knitting and crocheting! I already crocheted a hooded baby blanket, and I'm planning on making some hats as well. I'm not sure I'm good enough at judging gauge to make booties! I've been debating getting a pregnancy pillow. I think at the very least I need a body pillow.
  • @darkstar42 I don't know what I would do without my pregnancy pillow! I am seriously considering buying a second one so I don't have to carry the one I have from bedroom to living room and back every day. I was a back sleeper before pregnancy so side sleeping was a big adjustment and before buying the pillow I was in so much pain every night! 
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @darkstar42 I will probably start buying more stuff now that I've had the anatomy scan...although I really don't need much except a rug and dresser and I really want a new rocker but can't justify $500 for one.  Also 2 new convertible seats but we don't need those right away. 

Welcome @drove2u!  I added you :)

@tosh24 that's a lot of shopping!  I'm jealous!  I'm glad the braxton hicks feel the same for you, just because it's reassuring, so thank you!  I also try to drink a ton of water and always try to limit sodium, although lately I feel like I've been eating more.  Those should definitely help with the swelling.  My acupuncturist is also pregnant but further along and she has massages by a woman that used to treat cancer patients and does lymphatic draining which she has done when she has swelling and I guess it goes right down.

@Decemberdoll27 what pregnancy pillow do you have?  I have a boppy pillow and wedge and the wedge is so dang hard and made me even more uncomfortable that I'm ready to throw it away.  The pillow isn't doing it for me either.  I'll remember your milk strategy and will try to use that when my heartburn/reflux gets bad!  Do you ever take zantac?  The MFM I saw after my AS (it was his office that did it) said to definitely treat it.  Tums doesn't work for me (and now makes me feel sick so I definitely don't take it), but zantac did the last time so I will probably take it when it gets bad enough.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 here is the pillow I have
    QUEEN ROSE Full Body Pregnancy Pillow-Maternity Pillow for Pregnant Women and Back Pain,U shaped Body Pillow w/Removable Cotton Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B5ITZ4M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_TI9NBb8C5GXD7

I do take zantak twice a day but I still struggle during the night if I eat before bed. It helps during the day though. And I eat tumbs like candy with little to no relief.
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @mayflower513- cute outfit!! Its starting to get real! halfway there :)

@darkstar42- good luck on Friday- is that your anatomy scan?

@drove2u- good to see you again! Welcome to second tri :)

@tosh24- a canteloupe does sound large! I had sweet potato last week, and alll the sweet potatos I buy are normally so large. i feel like the fruits/veggies can be misleading! 

@decemberdoll27- congrats on moving to the third tri! can't wait to join you! I also am curious what type of pillow you have!

How far along? 18 weeks on Wed!

Appts this coming week? No- nothing until my A/S on 10/5. Using the doppler about 1-2 times per week since I still haven't felt movement.

How're you feeling this week? Feeling decent physically. The last week or two, DH and I have started to actually get excited and talk about the baby alot more. Maybe its because I am starting to show a little or because we are making our annoucement video of our whole journey. I will share on here once its live on youtube. I am scared to be so out about it all, but I feel like its important. 

Rants/Raves:-  Like alot of you, sleeping hasn't been great. I am not very big yet, but also just worried about sleeping on my back. I wake up all the time and think I shouldn't be on my back. I know they say to not worry about that until 20 weeks, but i don't see how I can change it in  2 weeks! What kind of pillows do you have and how do you sleep with them to keep you off your back? I am also getting up 3-5 times to pee. I just drink sooo much throughout the day, but I am SO thirsty. I wake up so parched and dry mouth, that I drink about 24oz throughout the night. Not sure there is much I can do about it?

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what? We haven't bought anything yet, but last week I did start researching car seats, strollers, gliders etc online, since we plan to register after our anatomy scan in 2.5 weeks. Def a big step for me to even start thinking about gear!

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @jamieh2000 I can’t wait to see the video. I think that’s so awesome that you’re sharing your story. 
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited September 2018
    @JamieH2000 re: sleeping on your back, I think they say if it’s not uncomfortable for you that it’s ok.  I wake up on my back and it’s physically uncomfortable (and has been like since 8 weeks haha).  So you’re probably fine if you don’t feel any physical discomfort - at least for a couple of weeks.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• lurking

@mayflower513 I love that outfit - it's so adorable! I bet baby will be extra snuggly in there! I feel you on the sleep trouble as well. I have the same pillow @DecemberDoll27 shared. I like it, but the past few weeks it hasn't been much help. I've actually resorted to propping myself up to sleep, either against the headboard or in my papasan chair. I just can't do the lying down thing, lately. I hope the pillow helps you if you decide to buy one!

@darkstar42 I would also love to hear how the compression socks go! And I've considered getting crocs, but haven't actually done it yet.

@tosh24 Good call on baby gates - didn't even think about those when making the registry!

@DecemberDoll27 Congrats on your last week in 2nd tri - can't wait to see you up at the next level! And GL with your glucose test on Thursday.

@JamieH2000 That is awesome that you are making a video to share your story!! So courageous! I give you all the props and can't wait to see it.
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @DecemberDoll27 Thanks for sharing the pillow info! I'm naturally a side sleeper, so I haven't had any issues with that. I couldn't sleep on my back even if I tried! I mainly need some kind of pillow between my knees and to support my arm/shoulder. I've been wary of the pregnancy pillows because I have neck issues and have a special pillow for that already. I'll probably keep waffling on this for ages. :p
    @mayflower513 I've been browsing Craigslist to see if I can find a good glider. The new ones are just so crazy expensive!
    @JamieH2000 This Friday is just a regular check up. My anatomy scan will be next Thursday with the MFM. I'm trying not to get anxious about that! I'm also drinking a ton and waking up a lot to pee. I think that might just be my new reality for now!
    @mag1cbeli3ver I just got home from work and it seems like the compression socks did help somewhat with swelling, particularly in my lower calves. Hopefully that will continue! And you should definitely get the crocs. They are ridiculously comfortable. I was always super skeptical of them, but a friend convinced me and I'm totally a convert. If there is a crocs outlet anywhere near you, they have some really good deals!

Also, is anyone thinking about hiring a birth doula? MH and I just interviewed a couple of potential doulas and we're having a heck of a time deciding between them!
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited September 2018
    @DecemberDoll27 thank you for the the pillow rec!  I’ve been eyeing that one for a while.  Maybe I’ll pull the trigger soon.

@darkstar42 what is a doula for again?

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 A birth doula provides support during labor and delivery. They also do some childbirth education and help develop a birth plan beforehand. There’s a lot of research showing that doula support reduces unnecessary medical interventions.
  • Lurking...

@DecemberDoll27 good luck on Thursday!

@JamieH2000 can’t wait to watch your announcement video! As for sleeping, I am a stomach sleeper. So haven’t slept well in weeks. What helps me a little was buying a 3 inch foam mattress and also a pillow top. 

@darkstar42 I’m also considering a doula. But you’re way ahead of me. I haven’t started talking to doulas 
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• @mayflower513- I did read that too- that i would wait up before the baby was short of oxygen. I still just wait up panicked when I am on my back!  i may have to get one of these amazing pillows everyone is talking/sharing!

@prudence9-2- just curious on how they knew you had GD so early? Is that something they are checking when they have us do the urine tests at every appointment? I was tested for type 1 when I was little since I drank so much water and had to pee alot, since that can be a sign of diabetes. Now that I am so thirsty all the time, even when I am hydrated and going to the bathroom often, I am worried its a sign of GD.

Thanks for all the support ladies! I can't wait to share the video with you all. I'm hoping its ready by the end of the week :)
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 because of my age and maybe also because my mom had placenta abruption at 29 weeks (though it wasn’t due to GD) my OB wanted me to get tested early. So I had the glucose test at 10w 6d. 

My GD was so bad back then. That I didn’t even have to take the 3-hour test. I was diagnosed after the 1 hour test. 

Im petite and I was worried about soooo many things related to pregnancy and loss. But I was not worried about the GD. But GD is caused because of the hormones. So you might have the best A1C and still get GD. 
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• @darkstar42
    We had trouble finding a cheap glider and just ended up going with an electric recliner/rocker from lazyboy. It wasn't cheap either, but they had a big sale and it's totally covered for all stains/etc. It is possibly the most comfortable chair in our house now!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• How far along? 17w5d

Appts this coming week? check up with OB tomorrow

How're you feeling this week? pretty good, just some wicked heartburn at times and sleeping is becoming restless/uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves:

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what? Yep/No. We had a few things from our first pregnancy, like a glider and crib. So I bought paint, curtains and a rug to go in the nursery. Hubby and I put it all together this weekend.  It's still really basic but I'm loving it. I also bought a onesie to give to Hubby with my first positive pregnancy test. He's a gamer, so we both found the saying hilarious (pics below)

@mayflower513 I feel you on the sleeping. I have a pregnancy pillow, but as a stomach sleeper, it's hard to get used to! That outfit is SO CUTE!!

@darkstar42 good luck at your midwife appt friday! 

@drove2u welcome to 2nd tri! enjoy your u/s on friday!

@JamieH2000 I love your video idea. Can't wait to see it!!

@Decemberdoll27 congrats on 3rd tri! Looking forward to seeing your knitting projects!!

*TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • A little late to the party, but happy to be finally here with you girls! 

How far along? 13 weeks

Appts this coming week? Nothing til Oct 5th

How're you feeling this week? Feeling great overall. Still have the usual tiredness here and there, but no real complaints.

Rants/Raves: DH started with a new company this week, so that's been exciting. Also, finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes. I didn't realize how comfy they could be! 

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what? Last weekend we ended up buying a double dresser for the nursery. We were "window shopping" and found a set we liked a lot. We happened to see the dresser in the sale section for 1/2 off with really nothing wrong with it besides a drawer that maybe needed a screw tightened.

@mayflower513 Can you add me to the list? Having a girl on 3/28 :smile:

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Yay welcome to 2nd tri @kristimh80!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @kristimh80 welcome to 2nd tri and YAY for a little girl! :)
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @kristimh80 Yay, happy to be posting with you again and super glad it's on this side of the fence! Welcome to 2nd tri!

TFAS since 2012

• Thanks ladies! 
    @tosh24 Ditto!! We've come along way :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Well, I’m even later than @kristimh80 (welcome!).  So annoyed to have had actual work to do at work this week and have to earn my money :p 

I get a little overwhelmed trying to catch up when I get behind...

@DecemberDoll27 Hope you’re enjoying your last week of your second tri!  I wish I knew how to knit (or even really crochet).  I see so many cute things on Etsy and some of those prices are...reflective of a good margin.

@JamieH2000 My OB said the same thing as @mayflower513 as far as continuing to sleep on my back.  I forced myself to try to sleep with a Snoogle (still do, sorta) and I just can’t quite fern used to it.  My doctor said that most women aren’t comfortable on their backs after a while (so the Snoogle likely won’t go to waste) - we’ll see. 

I also did the glucose screening test at 12 weeks (just squeaked by by like 2 points) because of my age (41 in a few weeks), my a1c was borderline around 3 weeks (actually the day after this transfer - I suspect maybe the transfer day McDonald’s fries didn’t help anything), and also my mom was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  Took it again at 24 weeks and this time it was 10 points lower, so who knows?

Also looking forward to your video!  I remember my heart sinking when your selected donor...got pregnant, was it?  Something crazy and crushing like that.  So glad you’re here on the other side.

@darkstar42  Some compression socks just came in the mail from Amazon a couple of days ago but I’ve not yet tried them out.  I wore compression tights on the plane to/from our babymoon at 21/22 weeks and (aside from falling down constantly), they did seem to make my legs feel less tired (like I apparently walked 9.5 miles cumulatively the day that we landed from outbound our red eye less tired).

How far along?

26w6d (27 weeks/6 months tomorrow)

Appts this coming week?

Nope - that “Golden” OB appointment (28 week appointment at 28 weeks, on the 28th) next Friday and meeting with a potential pediatrician after that.

How're you feeling this week?

So far so good.  My second tri has for the most part been all it’s cracked up to be.  I am feeling bigger though - and like there’s definitely less room there than there was (I feel this mostly when attempting my prenatal Pilates may exercises).  Closing the dog door at night has yielded more sleep lately :p  Oh, and I’ve had more leg cramps lately :(and I already take calcium and magnesium because I used to get them in spin class and ballet).

Rants/Raves:  Again just annoyed at actually having to work some this week, but it has made the week go by more quickly.  And it does feel like this tri hasn’t gone by quickly.

Also, I’m annoyed that the car seat we picked went from $245 on Amazon up to $280.  I know we stil have a ton of time (and I’m still hoping for Black Friday deals on car seats and stroller), but every little bit helps and we have to buy two of them (just one for each car - only having the one kid :p).

GTKY:  Have you bought anything for baby?  If so, what?

Well, optimistically, I got a lightly (like literally 5x the seller said) used Snoo off of CL back at 12-13 weeks.  I’ve bought way more clothes than I should have considering the three trash bags full of hand me down baby girls clothes we got from my next door neighbor (they just had a little girl in January) - mostly Carter’s on sale so nothing too crazy.  There’s just...a lot of pink in those bags, and I kind of hate pink (I mean, it’s fine for her to spit up on :p).  During Pottery Barn’s Labor Day sale we picked up some elephant things (crib sheet and skirt, a decorative quilt and pillow sham, elephant basket) - PGAL brain made me put it all on a registry before buying it so that the return period would extend 90 days beyond our stated EDD).  Got some elephant prints from Etsy and frames for them for baby’s room.  This is more for us than for baby, but we decided to splurge on an Ekornes Stressless recliner and ottoman for her room since we figured we might be sleeping in it.  We did order this after our AS (would have waited till after fetal echo, but the promo that was running at the time ended the weekend after our AS) because we’re fussy and they don’t stock the chair in the color we wanted so it would take 12-16 weeks to come in.  I found my diaper bag in a discontinued print from a J pop store, and got my Keekaroo Peanut Changer also in a discontinued color shipped from Canada (ironically it arrived when DH and I were still in Canada).  I think that’s it for stuff we’ve bought - hmm...maybe being busier at work is better for reducing the shopping ;)

We plan to pick up our friends’ crib, mattress, changing table, and dresser this weekend - I think they’re also willingto part with a pack and play and a Bjorn bouncer, and possibly their stroller of unknown brand/model (but it should be at least expandable - they have twins).  I just awkwardly have to come up with a price for it all :-/

Otherwise, in addition to the three bags of clothes, the same neighbor has given us two boppies and a my Brest friend, a Bumbo seat (heard not great things about these, but he’s a pediatric cardiologist and she’s a PT...) that I have to figure out if I want to use and if so how I much I want to spend to cover up the magenta/pink :p, a whale infant bath thingie, and old school baby Bjorn carrier, and a much more intimidating baby wearing wrap thingie.  They may also send a swing our way once their baby girl outgrows it.  Another one of DH’s friends from college has also given us a swing on loan (to pass on to another friend later).
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @artemis618 Good seeing you around again! Thanks for the laugh about pink being good to spit up on :D My husband is obsessed with elephants,so thanks for the tip about making sure the stuff in on the registry as well so have an extended return period...super helpful! Congrats on passing your glucose screening! I'm dreading that fun day. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @artemis618
    My boppy was one of my favorite things when baby was newly born. I could nestle it on my lap and let her rest on it or feed her. It was a great life-saver!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @mbradfo2 My neighbor actually initially gave me three boppies (and the my Brest friend) but just today today remembered that one of the boppies was not hers to give away!  The little girl they had in January was their third kid and they’re done so they’re eager to get rid of of stuff.  Thinking of getting the boppy newborn lounger (elephants!) as well even though its utility may be short.
    About me:
    ***TW***
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• Ladies, I failed my 1 hour GD test and I am so upset. Doing 3 hr test on Wednesday next week. I am so paranoid now that my high sugar harmed the baby. And DH is not being supportive at all and just yells at me for crying! His tough love approuch is not really working at the moment. Sorry for venting here but my mom is on vacation and my friends don't get my problems right now.  :'(
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @DecemberDoll27
    <3<3
    Did they give you your numbers and the cut off?
    I failed the 1 hr test as well and was completely freaked out. Passed the 3 hour test easily. The 1 hr test is basically a huge brush to pick up everyone who "might" have GD -- my nurse said most people who fail the 1 hr ultimately pass the 3 hr. Not that the 3 hr is fun....bring some reading material. The major effects GD has on a baby you would be seeing in scans -- unusually large size, etc. And even if you have GD, those effects go away if it's under control (and most people can control it with diet). So, deep breaths and get the 3 hr done so you have a clear answer. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @DecemberDoll27 Exactly what @mbradfo2 said - the 1 hr is just a screening test. Try not to worry and just take it one step at a time.  I really thought there was no chance that I’d come in under 140 this last time.  Unlike @prudence9-2’s experience, at least they’re having you do the 3-hour.  Hers and another friend of mine’s 1-hr was high enough that they didn’t even bother with the 3-hr.  The odds are in your favor, and it’s better to know and be able to address it if needed. Hang in there and good luck!
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• Thank you @mbradfo2 and @artemis618! I think I feel better about the whole thing today! We will see what Wednesday brings, but most importantly baby boy is active with great HB! So I am going to concentrate on good things for now!
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @kristimh80- yayy!! welcome to second tri and thrilled to see you here!

@artemis618- good to know about sleeping on the back! I am hoping i will get better by the time it matters. I just get sick of sleeping on my sides and my back is so comfortable right now! Yes- my first donor did get pregnant. just about a year ago now. We found a second, and then had a failed transfer and two ERAs before finally getting pregnant now in June! So thrilled to be here with you guys and congrats on almost being in the third tri!

@Decemberdoll27- i totally get the worry! But hopefully the three hour will be fine, just very annoying!!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!