March 2019 Moms

Thankful Thursday - 9/13

We had mashed potatoes last night. So good!

Re: Thankful Thursday - 9/13

• After a long spell of inactivity, I finally hopped on the stationary bike and got some exercise in this morning! So grateful MH moved the bike to the livingroom so 1.) I can watch TV while riding and 2.) it’s visually a constant reminder to exercise  :p

@lovesclimbing How do you guys make your mashed potatoes? I made some the other night to go with some meatloaf and it was sooo good (sautéed onions and chopped rosemary in butter, mashed the potatoes in, then mixed in some milk). 

• Last night's were mashed with a potato masher and just had milk, salt and pepper. Frankly, I don't care how they're made. I'll eat pretty much any mashed potato, haha. I didn't make them. I usually make them with milk, butter, salt and pepper and mashed in a kitchen aid. I prefer the texture with a mixer as opposed to by hand. I've had some with sour cream that were good. Garlicky ones. Ones with parsley. Your recipe sounds yummy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sour cream mashed potatoes are the best! Damn, I’m suddenly really hungry  :D 
  • I am thankful I was able to eat 6 taquitos for lunch today! It's been so long since I've actually wanted to eat anything.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • You all are making me hungry! It all sounds delicious! Lol. I'm thankful football season has started! It's a nice distraction when my brain gets busy and I appreciate the reason to be lazy all Sunday.
  • @lovesclimbing - I make mine like you do! Damn, now I want mashed potatoes... 

I'm thankful today for a really good friend who not only walked with me this morning but who also volunteered to help me throughout the pregnancy. I’m starting to do registry research and it’s already overwhelming. Grateful for her willingness to help and her excitement about the pregnancy! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • I tried a Dutch dish last night called stampotten, which is basically mashed potatoes mixed with sauerkraut with meat and gravy on top, and pickled onions on the size. It was yum. 
  • @catlady2015 I'm putting off registry stuff for the moment because I agree, it's completely overwhelming! I do hope to have something together we'll enough before Christmas because I expect family to get baby some things then and I'd rather it be things we really need than another onesie with a cute saying or lots of frills. May be worth starting a new thread for registry questions and advice
  • ashley14598ashley14598 member
    edited September 2018
    I’m thankful for my people. This week DS babysitter went on vacation on Monday and Tuesday. In turn DS has seen/been with both of his grandmas, grandpa, his aunt and cousins, and his babysitter. This week he’s been taken out to eat twice, played with his cousins, gotten a haircut (while we we’re at work), we were sent home dinner for the family, been fed home cooked meals, and been so loved! We are so lucky to have family that is willing to watch our little one and treat him like their own while we are working. 

ETA: just noticed a typing error
  • Im late to the party, but I’m thankful for my husband picking up my slack as I become one with the couch after work. He works a way more physically demanding job, but takes care of us with no complaints. I’m thankful that he understands how drained I get while pregnant. I try making up for my laziness during the week on the weekends by usually deep cleaning different areas of the house.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • late post, but i am thankful bc i had a redo on my NT Ultrasound yesterday and baby didnt cooperate again, so i was able to get the NIPT, which means i will know what the baby is before our anatomy scan in November!