Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY Wednesday 9/12

What do people think is weird about you?

Re: GTKY Wednesday 9/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most people think my political views are weird because I don't identify with a party or even as left, moderate, or right. I have my mind made up about specific issues, but they don't fit in ANY box. It really confuses people. 

I also like ketchup on my eggs, enjoy living in the south, and don't like beer. I'm a neat freak but not a germaphobe. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife I don't like beer either. If I'm going to drink, I want something that doesn't make me feel full.
  • Options
    I get really into a tv show until it gets too stressful. Then I can't watch it. MH is still waiting for me to bite the bullet and watch the last season of Dexter. He's been waiting for years. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure there like a million things people (especially DH) find weird about me. Most recently the subject of snow came up (because it's right around the corner here in MA...) and I mentioned that I can smell when it's going to snow. I got some looks. **shrugs**
  • Options
    I only eat one thing at a time. Hamburger, then fries. Or, vice-versa. I understand it all gets mixed up in my stomach but dammit I like order! 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland me too about bedsheets! Hate getting into a messy bed, it really does feel "dirty"!

@riff323 really like your "weird" about never playing sports and went to art school and that now you're a personal trainer, just awesome.

I will get back to you about my weird, I have to really think about this....
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly umm if people can't smell snow before it comes, they're crazy. It definitely has a smell.

@heml I also like to eat one thing at a time. And I usually save my favorite for last!
  • Options
    @heml I 100% do the same thing! I also rotate my plate while I'm eating... pretty sure it's clockwise hah
  • Options
    I have literally been sitting here all day trying to figure out what people find weird about me. 

Then I made myself a snack and it came to me. I absolutely love doritos and cream cheese. Everyone thinks its disgusting, but it's oh so yummy.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly:  my mom can smell before it snows, too!  She's super intuitive with weather (I always tease her that she's like a medicine woman or something!) - she can tell when a storm is going to be bad, when rain is coming, when it will snow, the mornings that will start cool and then warm up....it's pretty amazing.

@riff323 and @b1029 and @heml :  my DH is that way.  He eats all of one thing then moves to the next.  It cracks me up.  How do you choose which to eat first?  What if you fill up on like item #2 and don't get to enjoy item #3?

I can't think of anything specifically weird right now, although I know I'm generally pretty strange!  

• Options
    @lcking82 I usually I eat the “main course” first, then the sides. But that’s not a hard and fast rule, HA. Glad I’m not the only weird one and y’all are with me @riff323 @b_1029
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess That is really interesting! Have you always thought that way? 
  • Options
    Ohhh!!! I know I already went but I just thought of another one: astrology. I'm really into astrology and people think I'm an idiot.
  • Options
    @riff323 How did you get into astrology? I want to learn but I'm totally blindsided by how many layers there are to it. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe my aunt and grandmothers were into it so I just started reading and learning about it from an early age.
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess - I do the same things with colors and letters. Each letter has a specific color and is either male or female and sometimes is younger or older. I think it might have had to do with what color each letter was on flashcards when my mom taught me my alphabet. And then giving the colors a gender (red and yellow are female, blue and green are male).
  • Options
    @mamanbebe I've always thought like that.  I assumed everyone did the same until I was an adult!  Ha.  @marebear15 I definitely give personalities to colors, too.  
  • Options
    @heml, @marebear15, and @emeraldduchess I wonder if you ladies are synesthetes. I've read about it before and you reminded me of it. Look up synesthesia :)
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake I have read about synesthesia and I definitely think I could have that. :)  It's fascinating the way the human mind works.