Trouble TTC

Introduction

edited September 2018 in Trouble TTC
I’ve been going back and forth for months now on joining an online ttc support group/board, and am finally taking the plunge with some nerves, but mainly with eager anticipation that this is a good thing!

I’m 28, DH is 29 and we’ve been ttc for going to be almost 2 and a half years now (since May 2016). Did our “standard time” of one year ttc with OPKs before getting a referral from my doctor to a fertility clinic. Took another year to finally be seen by the RE due to the clinic’s waiting list and my regular doctor screwing up the referral two times. Normal FSH and AMH levels and HSG was all normal as well. I have irregular cycles and DH has 1% morphology, but count and motility are normal. So, no real dx (at least, it doesn’t feel like it). Finally, have a treatment plan of 2.5mg of Femara which I will start taking probably in a couple of weeks (if AF shows up at a reliable time). And that’s where we’re at.

I think the hardest thing with all this is feeling so isolated and alone, even though we have mainly supportive family and friends. I am confident this board will be a good thing and I hope to be a supportive member as well to everyone else! 

Re: Introduction

• Welcome, I hope you can find support here!

I have supportive family and friends too, but I agree - it is so isolating, even with that. My sisters are lovely, but they have no idea what this would be like, and get pregnant easily. Of our friends who we see regularly, we are the only ones dealing with this.

Honestly, I do't know what I'd do without the boards! I don't think I would have made it nearly so far. And I feel very lucky to have the support of these women!
  • @funkykey Hey! I didn’t see this post till now. Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, out of all my family and friends, I’m the only one I know of that’s dealing with this. I don’t yet have any close family (like sisters or sisters-in-law) who have started ttc, so I can’t imagine how hard it must be having sisters who can get pregnant so easily. It really does blow my mind how some people get pregnant so easily! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I also hesitated to join this board, but I feel isolated, too. It doesn't feel like something that I can talk about to anyone that I know, and it's frustrating how long the process takes. (A year before you got the referral? I would have gone mad!) So I hope you can find the support you need here.
  • @sailorariel thanks, you too! Yeah, that year wait was pretty brutal!