May 2019 Moms
Options

Group 1 (EDD May 1-7) Check-in w/o 9/10

Hi Everyone! I thought I would spearhead the weekly check-ins. If this is your due date group, feel free to post this thread next week! Please come up with a new GTKY every week. :) 

This thread is for those due May 1 - 7  <3

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why?

Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 1 (EDD May 1-7) Check-in w/o 9/10

• Options

Due date/W+D: 6w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): one of those tiny blueberries.

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment booked for October 9th with my midwives.

Rants/Raves?: managing early pregnancy exhaustion and the half renovated state that my house is in is awful.

How are you feeling?: exhausted by 3pm. nauseous all morning.  

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? I am drawing a complete blank on gameshows. But honestly, I'm not a big fan of them, so being on any of them might be a bit of a nightmare. Reality TV on the other hand... I might go for being on one of those renovation shows. Or maybe the Great British Baking Show.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    May 3–6 weeks 2 days

Sweet Pea 

I haven’t called to make an appointment yet. I plan on calling later today when I have my new (Cobra) insurance information. We moved into our new home in June and my husband started a new job in August. I’m waiting for that good new insurance to kick in, which won’t be until November.

American healthcare is the worst. *TW* I was surprised to find out I was pregnant earlier this year. We were selling a home, moving, building a home in another state and timing wasn’t the best. It took a day of calling around, begging, pleading but I finally got into a practice in our new state. I misscarried at 10 weeks in April (while homeless living with my parents). We had already met our healthcare deductible for the year, everything was in network and we still had to pay $2,500 out of pocket for my D&C. I’m grateful I found the new practice however, and the midwife there really took great care of me. It’s all frustrating and being pregnant again is bringing up all these weird emotions about last time. End *TW*

Very nauseas. Very. 

Jeopardy! It’s all my History degree is good for ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 5/5 6w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Battleship peg

Any appointments? Questions?: My first appt and dating scan is 9/28

Rants/Raves?: Rant: The email app my job made me download is eating up all of our data! In 40 min without even opening the app, it has used almost 100 mb! I need to call my company's helpdesk to get them to see if they can fix it and they had better be able to because I am not paying overages every month. 

Rave: I get to go to a Rockies game tonight in the owner's suite. A company I do business with gets seats to each game in there since they are a sponsor. It is AMAZING. There is a ridiculous amount of delicious food (steak, ribs, nachos, pizza, ice cream, and on and on). It's so indulgent and I cannot wait to stuff my face. Especially since I can't partake in all the free booze. 

How are you feeling?: Nauseated off and on, but that usually goes away once I eat. Super tired and moody though. The slightest things set me off lately it seems. 

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? The Price is Right so I can play PLINKO! 

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options

Due date/W+D: May 3rd, 6w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip!

Any appointments? Questions?: first ultrasound this Friday 

Rants/Raves?: none

How are you feeling?: okay, nausea off and on, worse at night, and so tired

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Hollywood squares? I guess I would have to be a celebrity, but they seem to always have so much fun on there!

• Options
    @mrsclark731 that sounds like a nightmare. The disastrous state American healthcare is in baffles me.

• Options

Due date/W+D: 6 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate Chip

Any appointments? Questions?: Initial appointment on October 4 (Anniversary and LO's birthday!)

How are you feeling?: Fine...having to pee a lot more than I remember with LO

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Jeopardy...gotta love useless facts!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 7th, 5w+6

Baby is the size of a(n): baby weighs as much as a grain of rice.

Any appointments? Questions?: No appts until Oct. 10th!! Not sure how I’m going to wait so long...

Rants/Raves?: I want to feel a hint of a symptom. I know I won’t feel like this soon, but I do right now. 

How are you feeling?: Solid. Nothing thus far besides lack of appetite.

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why?  The Price is Right, but I want Bob Barker. Not that I don’t love Drew, but Bob... It’s not The Price is Roght without him. Plus then my grandma would see me and “run” around the nursing home telling all her friends. :lol:

• Options

Due date/W+D: Between 4/27 and 5/1 - 7ish weeks

Baby is the size of a(n):  pea

Any appointments? Questions?: I have a big US Friday...to check for heartbeat on baby!  last US all we saw was start of a yolk sac.  I will also find out if the second sac is viable or not...

Rants/Raves?:  RAVE! DH let me sleep all weekend and my parents took our toddler <3

How are you feeling?:  nausea and exhaustion have been kicking my ass for the past 4 days

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Finders Keepers - the one where you have to search rooms for stuff!  I believe it is now defunct. That or Deal or No Deal - which requires no skill haha.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @teamginger13 I know it’s much easier said than done, but try not too stress too much about the spotting, it can be totally normal. Fingers crossed everything looks great at your ultrasound tomorrow!
  • Options
    Thanks @aels12!

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• Options

Due date/W+D:  Due 5/5, 6w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Any appointments? Questions?: first appointment won't be for s couple of weeks still, and it's really just with a NP, so I'm thinking it won't be much more than confirmation that I am actually pregnant and not crazy.

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. Quitting caffeine, going back full time to work, and pregnancy fatigue all at the same time is no joke.

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? I feel pretty confident my family could kick butt at Family Feud, so I'm gonna go with that.

kids with flags
  • Options

Due date: May 1st! 6 weeks 5 days today! 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea, chocolate chip, and as tall as an earing post

Any appointments? Questions?: have another ultrasound with my RE on Thursday, can't wait to hear a heartbeat! Question, my nose has been super dry and stuffed up lately. I can't breathe through my nose at all at night and I wake up with a bone dry mouth and tons of boogers lol anybody know if this is pregnancy related or just because I stopped by allergy medication? 

Rants/Raves?: not really! 

How are you feeling?: nausea definitely hit last Wednesday and it's been coming in waves ever since, usually in the afternoon and evening. Also being more tired on the afternoons. As a PGAL the hardest thing has been dealing with my anxiety, but the nausea is actually very reassuring! 

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? I think family feud is hilarious, so I'd definitely pick that! 

@mrsclark731 wow, that's so awful, I'm sorry you had to go through that! Talk about kicking you while you're down...

@zuuls_mom girl, that sounds amazing! Enjoy all that free food! 

@aels12 good luck at your ultrasound! Please take a picture so we can see :) 

@teamginger13 spotting is so super common! At least you have your ultrasound tomorrow, hopefully your fears will be laid to rest! Again, we'd love to see a picture! Praying for you honey. 

• Options
    Due date/W+D: EDD May 1/ 6w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): earring post  

Any appointments? Questions?: September 17. Not sure if we’ll get an ultrasound the first time, I did with DS but I was 12 weeks and this time I’ll be about 8ish weeks? Either way it’ll be reassuring to hear the heartbeat.

Rants/Raves?: The toddler is suuuuper clingy. He started daycare a few weeks ago so lots of big changes for him. 

How are you feeling?: Very fatigued, very nauseous. Other than that, doing okay and pretty excited!

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Jeopardy! Used to do quiz bowl in high school and I think I’d do okay at Jeopardy :)
  • Options
    @teamginger13 thinking of you! Keep us posted and please, relax as much as you can. Creepy internet hugs coming your way!
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 6 weeks 1 day EDD May 5th 

Baby is the size of a(n): end of a match haha 

Any appointments? Questions?: I guess I should call my Dr hey ? I was supposed to do that today but obviously forgot lol. haha my question is gross. My 'pee hole' (im sure theirs a better, more medical name for it but I dont have it in me to search or use my brain) is really sore. it feels irritated. Ive had UTIs and bladder infections, yeast infections before but its never felt like this. any idea ?? 

Rants/Raves?: rant to my work place. ever since my manager made the announcement that I'm pregnant everyones been asking me so many questions about it and even so far as to ask if I'll be circumsizing. my goodness.

How are you feeling?: so. tired. and my back and hips are killing me. more from work then anything. and the craving for apple juice is one that cannot be shook lol 

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Family feud just not with my own family lol. Or wheel of fortune ! 

• Options

@sagems10 It's hard to say for sure if you've also stopped allergy medication, but I know I'm pretty much constantly dehydrated during pregnancy because I just can't drink enough water.

@kels0091 that's the opening of your urethra. Could it have gotten scratched or bruised? Pregnancy makes my skin more sensitive, so it could be related to that. If it continues to bother you, I wouldn't hesitate to go to your doctor and get a diagnosis. It could be a UTI presenting in a different way because of pregnancy. Also, your coworkers sound like jerks.

• Options
    cspriggs17cspriggs17 member
    edited September 2018

Due date/W+D: May 2nd 6w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate Chip

Any appointments? Questions?: Dating scan was done on the 5th, I got to see the heartbeat

• Options

questions: is anyone else symptom-less? The only thing ive noticed is I go to bed earlier, otherwise ive got 0 symptoms which worries me a bit.

How are you feeling?: Fine, nervous lol

GTKY - I don't really watch games shows but if I have to chose id say price is right

• Options
    @cspriggs17 some women don't experience symptoms. They are beautiful pregnancy unicorns that everyone else is jealous of. I know it can be anxiety inducing, but please don't worry! It's also still very early. With my first, I didn't really feel much nausea until about 8 weeks.

• Options

Due date/W+D: 7 weeks 3 day EDD May 6th 

Baby is the size of a(n): Berlingot Candy  

Any appointments? Questions?:  I just got back home from a summer in Europe and went to my Dr yesterday. She booked me in for the 12 week ultrasound but not the dating ultrasound that I had done last time at 7/8 weeks. I thought that was weird, has anyone else had this? I don't know how I'll wait till 12 weeks to see baby. 

Rants/Raves?: I have none for now! 

How are you feeling?: good but tired! But I think it's more because of the jet-lag, and I'm starving all the time.

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? no idea, i feel like I haven't watched a game show since I was in high school 10 years ago ahahaha

@cspriggs17 I'm also more or less symptom-less. Just hunger and fatigue. Don't worry it was the same with my last like this too 

• Options
    @k2k2tog @terezakatarina thank you both, that helps put my mind at ease
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 6 weeks 3 day EDD May 4th

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea

Any appointments? Questions?:  Just had my appointment with the RE. Had an ultrasound and got to see the little flicker of the heartbeat! Next one is in 2 weeks.

Rants/Raves?: Nope!

How are you feeling? Good...tired...SO hungry

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why?  Wheel of Fortune...was my dream growing up!

Married 07/2006, TTC since 2010
    08/2011: Clomid 50mg, IUI --> BFN  ,
    10/2011: Clomid 100mg, IUI --> BFN

04/13: Clomid, IUI BFP --> MC at 6w1d
    05/13: Femara 2.5mg, IUI --> BFN  , 08/13: Femara 2.5mg --> BFN
    03/14: Femara 5mg, IUI --> 1 follicle @ 27d --> BFP! EDD 12/02/14--> blighted ovum, missed MC 6w6d --> D&C
    4/23: D&C...starting over again, with a little part of my heart broken off
    5/31: Femara 7.5mg --> cancelled cycle, no follies
    7/14: Femara 5mg + brevelle + menopur + IUI --> converted to IVF, ER 7/28 --> ET cancelled due to severe OHSS.
    9/20/14:  Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP--> EDD 6/6/15 --> MC at 5w3d 

10/16/14: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFN
    2/6/15: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP --> MC at 5w4d
    3/20/16: PGS-tested Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP, Living Child born 12/1/15
    6/6/17: Fresh IVF Cycle --> Severe OHSS, 5 PGS-tested embryos frozen
    2/23/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
    3/30/18: Cancelled cycle due to lining 4.2mm
    6/21/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
  • Options
    tarajaybeetarajaybee member
    edited September 2018

Due date/W+D: 6wk5d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: First ultrasound/midwife appointment this Thursday!

Rants/Raves?: Being a typical type-A person I'm finding it hard to let go of some of the things I can't keep up with now that I'm pregnant. 

How are you feeling?: Tired, moody, crampy, boobs hurt, indigestion, only VERY specific foods sound good to eat.

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why?

Wheel of Fortune. I'm mediocre at it.

• Options
    @terezakatrina with my first, I had a dating ultrasound, though I've since learned that dating ultrasounds are generally only ordered when you don't know your LMP or are uncertain of your due date or if you have experienced complications during early pregnancy in the past. With my second, I did not have a dating ultrasound (but did have one around 10 weeks due to spotting). With this baby, I won't even have an initial appointment until 10 weeks, so again, won't have an ultrasound.

• Options
    *lurking from week 3* @terezakatarina to add to what @k2k2tog said, in my last BMB there was a range of normal for the first ultrasound. My OB's practice does an 8 week dating ultrasound for everyone. Some wait until 12 weeks. It's a combination of the practice's policy, (potentially) what's covered by your insurance, and if you have any history of or current issues that would make an earlier ultrasound best. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    edited September 2018

Due date/ W+D: May 5, 6 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a: pea

Any appointments? 1st ultrasound is Sep 18

Rants/Raves?: This is my first pregnancy. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year and a half. I’m beyond thrilled and am praying it sticks! 

How are you feeling?: Much better than the previous weeks. Only naseua, cramping, and exhaustion this week. 

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Jeopardy!

• Options
    edited September 2018
    thank you both!! I guess i'll have to wait until 12 weeks
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 6th, 6wks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea/blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: first appt set for 9/25. Is it normal to feel like I have done a million crunches? (This is my fp)

Rants/Raves?: Nausea sucks!

How are you feeling?: Exhausted, sore breast (finally enough courage to wear a regular bra), and nausea is in full effect as of yesterday.

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Family Feud. Seems like after my wedding in August this seems to be the name of the game with my mother. Drama, Drama, Drama.

• Options

Due date/W+D: May 1, 7w0!

Baby is the size of a(n): Dunno...don't feel like looking it up :-P

Any appointments? Questions?: First appt on Sept 27, around 9 weeks. I just checked my calendar and my 1st appt for my first pregnancy was around 12 weeks, but this time my doctor wanted it between wks 8 and 10. Same doctor, not sure the difference. Maybe bc I'm AMA this time around? 

Rants/Raves?: Nausea at work (I'm a teacher). Annoying to sneak food in class when I don't let the kids eat! Also, sour candy is helping with nausea this time, whereas last time I just needed saltines. So I'm not liking the fact that I'm basically eating candy all day.

How are you feeling?: Eh. Nausea that ends after dinnertime. No vomiting, but just baseline bleh.  Last Sunday I was literally on the couch most of the day, did hardly anything, and took a three hour nap while my toddler was sleeping. Fatigue hit bigtime. 

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Totally Jeopardy! Love trivia. 

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/2, 6w6d

Any appointments? Questions?: Dating ultrasound is next week. Can't some soon enough! 

Rants/Raves?: It's been super tough dealing with symptoms, PGAL brain, a toddler, and a busy work schedule, so I bit the bullet and asked my mom to come into town to help. I hadn't been planning on telling anyone so soon, but she was totally understanding and hopefully she will be here for about a week! We don't always get along the best, and I'm nervous about how patient I will be given that I feel so exhausted. But, I'm so grateful that she's willing to drop everything and come when we need her. 

How are you feeling?: Bleh.

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? 100% family feud. Always play, never pass   :lol:

Good luck to everyone who has ultrasounds this week! 

@k2k2tog Oof. I can't imagine dealing with renovations right now. Is the end in sight at least? Also, I LOVE the Great British Baking Show. 

@mrsclark731 I'm sorry to hear about that insurance nightmare! I hate dealing with insurance, and I know it was especially painful for me having to call about claims related to my losses. I'm glad you found a great provider, though!

@mrsdee15 I'm glad to hear your ultrasound went well, and I'm sorry you're feeling anxious about the measurement. That is totally something that would get to me as well.  I have heard lots of stories about babies who start a bit small and end up catching up later in pregnancy. I hope this happens for you!

@teamginger13 I'm sorry to hear about the spotting. It can be totally normal! Thinking of you and sending hugs. 

@sagems10 Congestion is common pregnancy symptom. I've also been dealing with it. I think the technical term is pregnancy rhinitis. Not fun. 

@MSU_Girl1202 So glad you got to see a heartbeat! Yay!

• Options

Hi everyone! Third time mommy here...other two babes are an 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl. I've always wanted a third and I'm trying to savor every moment because I know this is the last one. 

Due date/W+D: Due Date is 5/1 so that puts me at 7 weeks today; I'm thinking that's going to change with the u/s though.

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment with the nurse tomorrow for intake and an U/S for dating. Can't wait! 

Rants/Raves?: Just over this nausea. Didn't have it at all with my other two. 

How are you feeling?: Nauseated all the time! Nothing is helping. 

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why? Definitely The Price is Right. I love that show!!!

• Options
    @nerdyteacherlady Hey due date buddy! Sorry you're feeling so crappy. I've been feeling the same, it's awful!
  • Options

@thismustbethemom ish? Our kitchen builders installed a little more than half of our kitchen and disappeared. There's been no word about when they're coming back to install the rest, so we've been living with half a kitchen and all of our kitchen supplies spread over our dining room for the past three weeks.

PLUS, DH decided he wanted some projects, so we chose to leave our attic bedroom/bathroom drywalled and roughed in but not finished. Soooo.... that will take us 10 years. :/ Almost everything else is reaching the end though!

• Options

Due date/W+D: 6 weeks 3 days EDD May 5th

Baby is the size of a(n): Tiny Blueberry!

Any appointments? Questions?:  First OB appointment and ultrasound is coming up on September 21-  I can't wait!   

Rants/Raves?: Rant-  I live in North Carolina, so all I've been hearing about for days is Hurricane Florence!  I was supposed to do a girls' weekend with college buddies (first weekend away from the toddler and a much needed break), but I've had to cancel due to this impending storm.  I just hope it doesn't do too much damage and life can go back to normal very soon.  I can't stand to think about power being out for days, being trapped in the house with a toddler, etc.  

How are you feeling?  Generally fine- still feeling some fluid in the ears from an ear infection several weeks ago.  Some nausea, but nothing major.  Some fatigue, but I've been sleeping pretty well.  

GTKY - If you could be on a gameshow, which one would it be and why?  My husband says I should compete on Wheel of Fortune- I always knows the puzzles before the contestants.  

• Options
    How are you feeling? 
    Does anyone else have serious neck pain, I dont remember it being this bad last time, how did you all deal with it.

• Options
    How are you feeling? 
    Does anyone else have serious neck pain, I dont remember it being this bad last time, how did you all deal with it.
    I have never experienced that as a pregnancy symptom, though I don't doubt that hormones can cause it. A hot water bottled or heat pad would probably help and, if you feel comfortable, tylenol is still mostly accepted as being safe during pregnancy. 

• Options
    Super random/annoying thing I want to share: So I had salmon last night for dinner along with a mango salsa that had raw garlic in it. 

You know how the garlic seeps out your pores the next day after you eat a lot of it? Well today I swear I smell super weird, probably the garlic, but I also think I smell fishy, which is not what usually happens after I eat fish! (I did shower this morning.)

So I don't know if my pregnant sense of smell is just picking up on things that no one else can smell, or if I am actually smelling funky today at work. Aaaaah.

Anyone else got weird smell stuff going on?

I also cannot stand the smell of the garage door being open, which we often do so the cats can go in and out. Something about the dust and whatever else is there. Can't abide. 
  • Options

Anyone else got weird smell stuff going on?

This is like my only symptom right now. I work on a 100+ year old campus. Smells. Everywhere. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker