Infertility

August 2018 IUI

This hasn't been posted in awhile. Here is a space for IUI ladies to chat and give updates :) 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: August 2018 IUI

• We did IUI #2 11 days ago and I feel like I’m getting my period. This is first time on Prometrium, which has made me emotional and constipated. For some unknown reason, DH’s sample was low volume, therefore low sperm (about half the lower limit of the “ideal” range). BD a day and a half before IUI, same as last month. There is nothing that makes me feel more hopeless than random variations that pop up just to make our chances worse. Obviously the RE doing my procedure just shrugged.
  • Sorry that happened @LauraJon2015. That happened to us during our 4th iui because my husband had a migraine. We got 6M post wash and normally we were getting around 29. Fx this cycle worked for you guys! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Loading the player...
  • That’s so interesting. Our fertility clinic has three different locations, IUI #1 was at a newer clinic with DH’s sample room hidden in the back. IUI #2 was older, sample room was right at the front (people in waiting room see you enter and exit), plus DH said the room seemed dirty. Maybe his mindset affected the sample more than we thought.
  • That sucks @LauraJon2015 I would think that would be the case since a lot of men are so visual. Where are you at in your cycle? I hope that more ladies doing iui will come along and start posting in here. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Hey @LauraJon and @Suzycupcake! Im new to this. Baby dust to you both. Laura, you only need 1 good sperm so don't lose hope just yet & if not there is always next month. Was wondering if either of you were using fertility drugs as well as iui? If so, which ones and how many folicles did you have? We have been ttc for 2 yrs and we just did iui #2. First cycle last month with clomid, trigger, iui, progesterone, with 1 folicle was bfn. Last month we did 1 day iui next day bd. This time iui #2  we did back2back 8/21 8/22 same meds but this time 3 follies. Not sure what my dh sperm count was post wash. Now just the beginning of this tww. Ugh hate this. Last cycle my body tricked me and thought for sure I'd get that bfp. Not going to overthink every symptom this time and just pray that it will work this time. Anyone else doing iui this month? 
  • IUI #1, I was on letrozole (femara) high dose (3 pills for days 3-9) plus Ovidrel. I had to do two ultrasounds before IUI because first time I wasn’t far enough along. Second ultrasound shows one large follicle.
    IUI #2, we added Gonal-F shot in day 9 and only had to do one ultrasound. Shot helped me produce one large follicle faster than previous cycle. We also added Prometrium (2 days after IUI until negative pregnancy test). Prometrium delays period, so I’m just waiting for AF right now. Silver lining- happy to be off Prometrium for a while! I got mood swings (more that usual, haha) plus started getting mild morning sickness the last few days.
    IUI #3 will probably be my last before either BFP or IVF. Should be in mid September.
  • Good luck LauraJon I hope that iui #3 gives you a bfp! Im only 6dpiui and hate this 2ww and not knowing if it worked or I have to do this all over again next month. 
  • I just had IUI #3 yesterday. All three IUI cycles I’ve used Follistim, trigger, and progesterone. Hubby has had great samples for all six inseminations (2 per cycle). This time my follicles were 20, 18, 15, 14, 14, and 11mm the morning of my trigger (Tuesday) and I had an ICI 12 hours later and an IUI 36 hours later. Really hoping this is the one for us

unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
    miracle baby boy born march 2016
    ttc #2 since january 2017; one loss in april 2017
    started injectables and IUI in may 2018
    IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    laparoscopy november 2018 = minor endo removed from right tube
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #6 = chemical pregnancy
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Wow @dkv713 you have lots of follies! I will pray that this works for you.  How many follies did you have on your previous iuis? I only had 1 the first time and now I had 3 this time around but have no idea the sizes or hubbys numbers. This tww is the worst! I have bloodwork on Weds but thinking about testing the night before. Do you test early or do you wait for dr?
  • Good Morning Ladies! I've been hanging on the IF board and just found this thread. So helpful!

I have my first IUI scheduled this cycle. I've heard it feels like the HSG (which was SO painful for me). What is everyone's experience? I'm so nervous. 

I hope IUI gets us all our BFPs!
  • *lurking* @crookshanks10 IUI is a BREEZE compared to HSG.  I was really surprised at how anti-climactic it was - really quick and not painful.  Sometimes a little cramping afterward but not bad at all.  You'll do great. GL!
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @wishing-and-hoping Ah thank you! That's so good to hear!! I'm unsure if I have a low pain tolerance or if it was just actually painful haha. I have my fx for you and your IVF ! (:
  • Wow @dkv713 you have lots of follies! I will pray that this works for you.  How many follies did you have on your previous iuis? I only had 1 the first time and now I had 3 this time around but have no idea the sizes or hubbys numbers. This tww is the worst! I have bloodwork on Weds but thinking about testing the night before. Do you test early or do you wait for dr?
    I had two at 17 and two at 14 the day of my trigger the first time. Second try they were 18, two at 16, and two at 15. I also always test before my beta so I can brace myself and not cry when they tell me it’s negative, but I’ve also gotten my period the day before my beta during both of my previous cycles despite being on progesterone. 

unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
    miracle baby boy born march 2016
    ttc #2 since january 2017; one loss in april 2017
    started injectables and IUI in may 2018
    IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    laparoscopy november 2018 = minor endo removed from right tube
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #6 = chemical pregnancy
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• jazziepjazziep member
    edited September 2018
    My August IUI failed. That was #2. Our first IUI was a back to back. I had great folic development both times.
    We are moving on to IVF because of my AMA and my DHs results. Best of baby making vibes to all.
  • Yea hsg was way more painful than IUI. Good luck ladies with your IUIs and those of you who are moving to ivf! This is so upsetting to go through and it def makes it easier to have support from other women going through the same struggles. I am just trying to stay positive and pray that it works. I have my bloodwork tomorrow morning @14dpiui and I'm so nervous for the results! I have used up all of my hpts last few cycles and have been fighting my urge to buy a test this month. Tomorrow can't come soon enough but at the same time im scared of disappointment once again. 
  • @bobella22 I feel like more people say oh the HSG wasn't bad but for me, it was the worst pain EVER! I'm glad to be hearing that IUI isn't as bad. Props to you for not doing a HPT, you go girl! I have my fx for you!!
  • So I got my results. I had a positive bloodtest but my levels are really low so I have to go back tomorrow and retest. Im so worried that it wont stick. Uping my progesterone. Hopefully it will help. It's really hard to be excited when they told me there was a possibility of m/c. Hoping my levels will double
  • @bobella22 Oh my... I can't imagine the anxiety. Hang in there and know I'm thinking of you!!
  • Well...  I got the dreaded call today. My hcg hasn't risen so they said prob a c/p. Stopped the progesterone and now waiting for af to start now.