Why my SO is a $*#%@!

keikilovekeikilove member
edited August 2018 in March 2019 Moms
I borrowed this from another BMB.

Re: Why my SO is a $*#%@!

• Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2018
    My hubby gets on my nerves frequently, because marriage.....but it’s soooo bad during pregnancy!

He likes to put the dishes next to the sink instead of inside it. But he gets irritated when I don’t put my dishes in the dishwasher. 

What does your partner do that you just need to vent about?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @keikilove my husband also thinks dirty dishes go next to the sink! Why!?!? And he thinks that’s where mine should go too, not in it. And the dishwasher is a whole other beast!
  • Options
    DH steps out of his shoes nightly in our kitchen and never moves them or takes them upstairs. I wait for a massive pile of shoes to accumulate before I completely blow up!!! at the very least stack them in a corner..... why are your giant size 13 sneakers hanging out in front of my refrigerator?!?! 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog Where I live it’s cultural to leave your shoes at the front door to not track in dirt or germs. The pileup we have at my entryway is already annoying. If it was in my kitchen—eeeeewww, I’d go insane. You have every right to blow up! 
  • Options
    @keikilove My husband does the same thing!!! Dishes are either right next to the dishwasher or sitting in the sink. Drives me nuts!!

Along with dishes, my husband is notorious about not putting things away. I feel like I'm constantly picking up after a toddler. Trying to figure out how to train him before there's a real baby  :D 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @keikilove in his defense, we always come in through the side door which is right off the kitchen. there’s no real place to put your shoes... but still - pick them up and move them elsewhere!!!!! 
  • Options
    MH leaves shoes in the middle of walk ways and I constantly trip over them. There was one incident I chucked his shoes at him after I tripped on them and got hurt (not badly, but it still hurt). I threaten to throw his shoes in the garage if they are in the way. We live where there are spiders so he has gotten better after that threat. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everything. Everything he's doing the last couple of days is making me ragey. I think it's the hormones.
  • Options
    @mayoduck our dog cured my husband too. He is three now and will still sneak DHs shoes into his kennel if he can manage it.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Options
    MH has had the worst Restless Leg Syndrome the last couple weeks, and I can't stand to sleep with him! Ok, it's not his fault, but I'm still super annoyed. Anyone else deal with this with your SO or yourself??
  • Options
    @gowenc Ditto!! This has been the moodiness weekend I've had in ages. My husband keeps asking "wtf is wrong with you"? lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @gowenc and @kristimh80 I know some people don’t believe this, but I think the rage this past weekend is also due to the full moon. I know it personally affects me. And I’ve also noticed as a teacher that my students tend to act out more when there’s a full moon. Something to ponder...
  • Options
    I believe in it. My students in Sunday school were all pills and my 7 year old’s been an ass all day to everyone. His Sunday school teacher even had to talk to me about his behavior which is unheard of by any teacher with him. I definitely believed him bc he was being a jerk before we even left the house. So instead DH pissing me off, it’s been the 7 year old. 

• Options
    My hubs is literally the definition of Type B. Planning, nah-he just goes with the flow. Worrying doesn’t exist in his mind. Decisions are not his forte. While he definitely keeps me grounded (I’m a type A worry wart), his type B self is driving me crazy right now! 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog and @bdesterhouse
    My husband works for Nike so our house is covered in about 50+ pairs of tennis shoes at any time. He gets a new pair of work shoes every 6 months or so and of course, he always wants some just for kicks too.  I can’t count how many times I’ve tripped over them on any given day. 
  • Options

• Options
    X1000 to the dishes thing. It makes me SO ragey. 

Tbh, he could breath next to me and I’d be annoyed right now
  • Options
    I prefer dishes next to the sink rather than in it. If you want to wash them you have to take them all out anyway. 

I start a new teaching position next week and it was a last minute decision to move schools.  I told him I'd likely have to work all long weekend and he said that he just *had* to have a day all to himself for landscaping. Which I've given him every weekend all summer.  Super annoyed.

• Options
    @maggiemadeit MH is that way. He doesn't wake up with DD and I in the morning most days so he gets extra sleep, gets home and takes a nap on the couch while I make dinner and wrangle the toddler, and then complains when I want to go to bed at 10 and he can't sleep until midnight. STOP TAKING NAPS THEN!!!!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Usually DH is in the saint category but last night just ticked me off. I was anxious and stressed trying to pack for a weekend of camping with an extra whiny & needy toddler and when I finally broke down in tears he says "I'm assuming you're extra emotional in your condition."
    Condition. He's said it a few times but last night it just drove me nuts. Yes, I'm freaking pregnant & emotional. Let's not refer to pregnancy as a condition, ok? Condition makes it seem way shorter than the next 30 weeks...
  • Options
    I love MH but he's been just generally irritating me lately. And since this is my second pregnancy all his sympathy is gone-- he for some reason thinks first tri is the easiest and harps on me for going to bed before 9. Last time he made me healthy lunches to take to work every day and completely doted on me so the change is noticeable and I don't like it :D 

SaveSave
  • Options
    @flyingmombula I can relate to this. My husband was downright doting during my first pregnancy, and this time around it’s like he forgets I am even pregnant. I think sometimes it’s hard for them until they can see it on the outside...
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit that’s my SO too. And to top it all off I’m THE LIGHTEST sleeper in the world. I hate him for it haha. I am not against smacking him in the chest if he doesn’t wake up when the baby gets here. 
  • Options
    @flyingmombula MH has been okay so far but I'm worried about the first few weeks at home when he will be 100% in charge of our toddler while I care for the newborn. Last time I got breakfast in bed every day for a month...something tells me it's not going to happen that way this time.
  • Options
    DH & I have been planning to attend a weekend away with friends for several months now. I was involved in the planning and am committed to helping with several tasks over the weekend. We were supposed to leave tomorrow afternoon, and last night when I asked him about timing he casually tells me “oh yeah...I’ve decided not to go to that. The weather looks really good so I decided I’m going hiking by myself instead.” He is going to climb a mountain that he has climbed 30+ times already, because he “has done it every year since 19xx and doesn’t want to miss his chance this year.” Keep in mind he is a teacher and just had an entire summer off to go hiking to his heart’s content. His suggestion is that I just go on the trip by myself. 
    What. The. Hell!!! This is a couples retreat centered around spending quality time with one another, so it would be super weird and pointless for me to go by myself. Not to mention that we’ve already paid to attend. I am incredibly hurt and furious that he is bailing at the last minute and leaving me in an incredibly awkward situation to either bail on plans and commitments that I just confirmed earlier this week, or be the one awkward pregnant friend who came without their partner. 
    He says I’m over-reacting and that he “just needs to do this for himself.” Meanwhile my trust is broken and I’m crushed that he would rather spend his weekend alone than with me. Now I’m left wondering what other commitments he is going to bail on. What the hell is happening?! 
  • Options
    @hlmtnmama I am SO sorry! I don’t even have any good words for you right now. You have every right to be upset—you are left in a very awkward position no matter what you decide to do with the weekend. I’d be hurt and mind spinning too.... Hugs to you, I hope he comes to his senses! 
  • Options
    @hlmtnmama I’d be livid. Like steam out the ears livid. Hugs to you for not killing him. He sounds like my husband at times. If he doesn’t want to do something it’s hard to get him to change his mind (when it pertains to going away etc.) we’ve never been on a vacation together bc he’ll never commit to a date, and then complains when I go away with family. I’m like well they’re the only ones who will travel with me. So I can completely understand your frustration right now. Mine has done similar stuff, and I have been around a lot of couple friends solo bc of it. 

• Options
    @hlmtnmama Yea I’d punch him and tell him not to come back then. Maybe he thinks this is his “last chance” before baby to do his own thing. Who knows. I’m sorry, If it were my DH I’d give him hell though. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    My wife has been really good to me this pregnancy, but this morning was a bit much. She got up for work, and realized there was a big spider in our living room (only bug she can't handle) so she came and woke me up to kill it for her at 2:23 am. So I did, and now I'm nauseated and unable to go back to sleep.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 My husband is like that with mice! Mice are a “Maggie job” he says! 
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 Ugh, I’d be upset with her too! My SO does this over centipedes. I’m like, “Get it together and handle it!” I don’t want to be the resident nasty animal killer lol, especially at 2 in the morning.  
  • Options
    also posted in my weekly update: my SO keeps telling me what i should and shouldn't be eating and he is driving me nuts bc this isn't my first merry go round and i had a very healthy pregnancy with my first child. its his first but he's acting like he's a pregnancy nutritionist and wants me to watch my sugar and not get high blood pressure, but i didnt have those issue pre-pregnancy, nor am i going overboard with what i eat, whereas he is contradicting himself and trying to bring me chinese food everyday. he had some lemonade ice pops last night and i asked for one and he told me we could split it since it has "so much sugar"...i almost punched him in his junk. I know hes trying to be helpful...but i'm going to hurt him if he doesn't chill. 
  • Options
    @zionsmama85 Ugh, that's so annoying...I'd be mad too! I hope you snuck one of those lemonade ice pops behind his back!

My DH is driving me nuts! He's on this anti-coffee thing for me, so I mentioned him picking me up some chai latte at the store...it's freaking tea and he about had a cow. Thank god I have some at work to enjoy! But he went nuts telling me I was harming the baby and how I may as well take a birth control pill.  :s I know it took us years to get here, but he's going to make me insane lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 :open_mouth: I’m outraged for you! What a hurtful thing to say!!! Maybe you need your doctor to tell him that a cup or two of coffee a day is ok.
  • Options
    @meggyme I may the next time he's with me. In a way I get his stress because it was out last chance of being able to get pregnant. I explained I'm just tired and losing my mind. He was better afterwards...I'll just have to do all my "bad" stuff at work to avoid the mess :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 Stress is still no excuse to say something so hurtful. If he had said that and (god forbid) something happened how shitty would both of you feel?