March 2019 Moms
Options

Why my SO is an angel

So we already have the ‘why my SO is a @#%$’ thread, let’s have a more positive one as well.

Why is your SO an angel? How is your partner helping or easing your pregnancy? Tell us your sweet SO stories!  o:)

Re: Why my SO is an angel

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At our first trimester ultrasound screening appointment last week, we had been waiting to be called in and I mentioned casually that I should have had more to eat before getting there especially since I had back to back appointments scheduled, which would mean being there for at least 2 hours. It was past our first appointment start time so we were likely to be called in any minute but DH immediately went out to find a vending machine to get me some snacks. He did end up missing the very start of the ultrasound and it just means so much that he didn't hesitate to go out and get me something to eat when I didn't even say I was hungry or ask him to do anything.
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2018
    This is great. I borrowed the other thread & posted it to ours with the full intention to also start another one called “Why my SO is a Saint” but I’ve been mostly offline after that post. So @maggiemadeit thanks for getting this angel one going. (My hubby really does drive me nuts half the time but he is also amazing.)

He does a LOT of the care of our 2-year-old daughter. When I get home from work all I can do is lie on the couch & be sick—while he’s upstairs in her room playing tea party, making play-doh food, or watching her closely while she jumps on the bed for an hour. He makes us both dinner & gives her a bath. It gives me the rest I need & gives her the attention she deserves. So grateful to have a partner this time around! 
  • Options
    I was actually nervous because for a long time my husband didn’t really want kids. I was worried that he would hold me responsible for all the stress and not so pleasant moments, or that I would be single parenting.
    Its extra wonderful that’s he’s been almost perfect. 

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Options
    DH does 90% of the housework so I can focus on DD. He’s a gem.
  • Options
    I am going to pull this thread up on my laptop and leave it somewhere where MH can read it :D 

SaveSave
  • Options
    MH has been wonderful before and after I got pregnant. Just one example, last night I wasn’t feeling good and this morning I woke up to a clean kitchen and empty dishwasher! And now I just got home and he’s already offered to take care of dinner tonight. Guess I get to take a nap! 
  • Options
    I honestly don’t know where I’d be without my DH! He helps me when I feel nauseous, helps so much with our son, gets me anything I ask for (even if it’s a puke bucket or extra crackers at midnight), helps around the house, and because I can’t eat dinner most nights he takes care of that too. I really sound so lazy but I promise it’s just so much nausea (and I’m getting over a sinus infection). 
  • Options
    MH already helps out around the house more than most husbands I know, but he has definitely been picking up the slack during this pregnancy. He will also do just about anything I ask him to without a complaint. 
  • Options
    My husband is gone right now so not much going on around the house. But as far as emotional support, he has been amazing!!! I told him about some dorky reason that I almost started crying and he said "you're my dork and I love you". He tells me I'm beautiful all the time even though I feel fat and gross. He is just so wonderful at putting a smile on my face. I haven't been sleeping well since he's been gone so he called me last night to sing "soft kitty" to me to help me sleep. That's something he started several years ago. I could go on but I think I've exposed enough sappiness for one post. Haha!!! 
  • Options
    @valentynsi I definitely snort laughed at soft kitty. Too sweet 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited September 2018
    DH sent me a picture at work of our dinner already prepped and cooking. He's usually very helpful in the kitchen but it's just something extra knowing I'll come home to a cooked meal!
    ETA: He also had everything already cleaned up when I went to do it.
  • Options
    He’s always such a huge help around the house and with my girls. He surprised me last night by telling me that he booked me a pregnancy massage for tomorrow afternoon just because he wanted to. He is amazing!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My Hubz is amazing! He's really stepped up in helping with chores, tells me I'm sexy, and gives the best backrubs. 
  • Options
    This is small, but it’s what makes me adore him. We went to get ice cream tonight from my favorite mom and pop ice cream shack. DH didn’t want ice cream, was just coming for the ride. He stood in line for like a half hour so I could stay in the truck to get my son and I’s ice cream even when he didn’t even want any. Such a dear.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For anyone that read my comment in the opposite discussion. My wife made up for the early wake up. She took me out to dinner at Old Chicago. It was so yummy! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    DH is always very helpful with the kids and household stuff. Ours are all involved in sports and he is always so on top of making sure the bags are packed and ready to go. He's gone out to get things for me, even when I don't ask. I've been sick for the past week, and he literally just picks up all the slack. 
  • Options
    My husband is the best. I recently got a french bulldog puppy. Due to Labor Day weekend, we had to pick him up from the breeder 2 days before I got back from Italy which was not my intention. We follow a "what's mine is yours" policy in our household, but this dog specifically was my doing and my purchase. However, he was an AMAZING 'dad' to our puppy the entire time i was gone - and even now he is still a huge help with him as I train him and get him all settled into his new home. 
  • Options
    I’m feeling super under the weather today and my husband is taking us out for pizza. Superhero status.
  • Options
    I feel bad because I have been super irritable lately and my boyfriend is handling it like a champ. He is telling me how beautiful my changing body is and how he’s so happy and excited for this baby. He’s been wonderful and supportive and literally treating me like a princess. He’s been my saving grace and I’m so thankful for him!
  • Options
    My DH let me hire a plumber for a job we could totally do ourselves. I’m a little overwhelmed at times at what we need to do to prepare for two babies and it just made sense to me. I know he doesn’t want to do it this way (we need to pull out a non functioning tub in the spare bathroom) but he didn’t say a peep in argument.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Options
    I was having a fat day yesterday & MH brought me taco bell and krispy kreme (chocolate custard filled-- my favorite) for dinner. I was sick and had to go to bed right after but it was so worth it :D

SaveSave
  • Options
    Shout out to MH who still tells me I am beautiful and sexy even when I'm sweaty, stinky and overall feel like a hot mess. He's also been sticking a pillow between my legs to help with my hip pain when I have fallen asleep on the couch. 
  • Options
    MH kept our 2-year-old by himself while I went on my work trip to Asia for a week. I’ve been back for 5 days with terrible jet lag & sickness. He’s stayed on daddy duty almost the whole time so I can sleep and recuperate. Amazing!
  • Options
    My husband is working from home today and he did my usual morning duties with my daughter, including breakfast, getting dressed, packing backpack, and making her lunch, all so I could get a little sleep. What a sweetheart.