DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: UO Thursday 8/30

• Loading the player...
  • I side eye people who are “forced” to invite people they don’t like to their wedding Bc “they’re family” or a parent is paying or something. Maybe I’m too proud but I would have just not done the big wedding if my parents couldn’t deal w me not inviting a couple of their siblings..
  • I completely fail to understand the appeal of The Handmaid's Tale (the book, I haven't bothered with the show).  I've heard so many people claim "omg, this could totally happen," but no.  A possible push to limit women's rights? Sure, and we should fight that. But the creepy weird world in HT? No. 

Divergent and Hunger Games were wildly unrealistic as well, but at least had the redeeming value of being entertaining. In contrast, I found HT to be about 85% dull and 15% squick.

• Welp I hit all the UOs this morning.  I had 7 bridesmaids.  I agree though it was too much,  and we rented a beach house and hung out with all the girls for the weekend while the dudes stayed in town and did their thing.  It was $100 a person and we had this huge house right on the beach.  We had bon fires, hot tubbed, drank and got stoned. It was the best weekend ever.  I would go to anyone's bachelorette trip weekend at the beach anytime. 
  • wkuandreawkuandrea member
    edited August 2018
    While I only had one bridesmaid, I did have a full weekend+ bachelorette party.... but it was in Vegas! Who doesn't want to go to Vegas! :) 
    Also, I really like Handmaid's Tale and totally think it could happen. Who would have thought a guy could convince a country that singling out a whole race of people and killing them all was a good idea? I mean if that could happen, certainly HT could. (also Divergent and Hunger Games. Anything could happen. Chemical and biological warfare could change the game entirely)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @AshVA I haven't watched The Handmaid's Tale because I don't have Hulu, but I thought the book was incredible. I haven't read it since my freshman year of college, so I wonder if it will have held up over the years with my changing taste in books. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @pttomato yaaaas that sounds like my type of party! Girl time in nature, drinks & bonfires. I'm such an Oregon girl lol.
  • My feelings towards multi-day bach parties really depend on the person. I went on a long weekend bachelorette to Vegas (but mostly just to see Britney..) and had a great time, but it was a group of all of my best friends from childhood, all of whom I regularly vacation with anyways.  I have a lot of friends who I love dearly but just do not enjoy travelling with or don't know the rest of their friends very well and for those people the weekend long bachelorette parties are a major chore.  I am so excited to be able to use pregnancy/young baby at home as a reason to decline all of these in the next year lol. 

But I also lived in a neighborhood frequented by bachelorette parties for a very long time and have grown to hate all bachelorettes in general. I majorly roll my eyes at the dumb matching tshirts/ accessories/feather boas? that these grown women force all of their friends to wear in public.  
  • @kianarain @pttomato +2 to not a Vegas girl for all those reasons. Plus the pool parties aren't that great either when you have to pay $$ to get a spot to sit and drinks are crazy expensive. 
    I did do a full weekend bachelorette myself but my friend hosted at her parents amazing ranch house in the middle of TX with this incredible pool and bonfire pit that we could act like total fools in the privacy of the country and just enjoy each others company. It was amazing.
  • @tosh24 I hate that as well plus if there are multiple parking spots and some one parks right next to you,  or tons of open seating and sits right next to you. Personal space people! Ever heard of it?!
  • @galactickates that would have been awesome.  

UO: courthouse weddings are the way to go. :p 
  • I looove full weekend bachelorettes. But I generally love any excuse to put makeup on and party lol. My SIL had hers in Savannah and I got my own hotel room. It was f-ing glorious. 

I planned my sister’s in NH and we had a big house and did outdoor stuff. It was so hard to not be able to join in the drinking festivities but it was still fun. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wanted to elope but DH wouldn’t go for it. Having the support of his family and friends on his wedding day was really important to him, and the wedding itself wasn’t as important to me. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @tosh24 @galactickates I drive a pick up and purposely park at the end of the row with no one on either side and people like to park next to me on purpose just to be jerks. Drives me bananas, like I'm trying NOT to hit another car that's why I'm down here by myself ya ding bats! 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker