High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Preterm Labor Meds

I am on hospital bed rest. The doctor has been playing with medication to keep me from having contractions. We've decided to to Procardia 10 mg every 6 hours and Ibuprofen 800 mg every 8 hours. Has anyone had any success with using both? I am 26 weeks pregnant.

Re: Preterm Labor Meds

• Options
    I had success with Procardia with my first I had to take it daily.  Then from time to time I had to go get a shot in Labor and Delivery. 
  • Options
    Hi dear....what shot did you get please 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm currently on a medication called progesterone, also known as endometrin. It's to help strengthen my cervix and prevent preterm Labor,  however I am being monitored now with ultrasounds every two weeks as a precaution.  No need rest yet.  My feet burn however if I'm on them for a while.  
  • Options
    I was on procardia when 30 weeks pregnant, had strict bedrest and was given lung shots for my son in case we had to deliver that weekend. Made it another 6 weeks until I got pre-e. But it definitely stopped labor, I think I was given another drug as well but I can't remember it's been so long. Wasn't given Ibuprofen. Hope it keeps it all under control!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Hey , hows your pregnancy going with the progesterone? I am considering taking it as i miscarried twice in 2nd trimester. Has it helped to ot bring on labour early?