August 2018 Moms

Labor Lead Up

124»

Re: Labor Lead Up

• @dulujm0 I feel you on the crotch pain, definitely not worth it we’ve done it a few times this week and it’s  been unenjoyable all round! 

@ecwk it’s soul destroying going over isn’t it, DS was early which makes this worse! Yeah I am now booked in for induction Thursday but I have to call the hospital that morning to make sure there’s a bed available for me (the joys of the NHS!)
    Fingers crossed that’s you start getting some movement soon! 

@7425cait oh I’m so sorry to hear that you have all this added worry and anxiety at this stage, it sounds as though your body is heading in the right direction though if you are 4cms, keeping everything crossed for you that you’ve had some progress throughout the night! 
  • I'm still here...39+5 today.  Is anyone else still around?

Guess I should have joined the FB group (I hear there are actually 2 now?) because everyone seems to have peaced out of here.
  • Loading the player...
  • @delujm0 I still check in even though I already had my baby. I'm hoping someone will add some new threads soon... I'm tempted to do it myself but I'm bad at that kind of thing. 2 Facebook groups? Feeling sad I missed out on that. Oh well. 
  • @delujm0 Since the Facebook groups were no bueno for me, I'm still lurking around every day, checking for updates on everyone, and wondering who the last one is going to be. :) 
  • @fishee333 I'd support some new threads...maybe a weekly or monthly overnight thread for those of you who have already given birth and are up for night feedings?  

I'm also up at night but that is because I am so uncomfortable that I can't sleep.  It's super awesome.  When I go to my 40w appointment Wednesday I am going to beg them to just induce me.  Neither of my other pregnancies were even close to this physically difficult.  And if I make it to Wednesday this will be my longest pregnancy as well.  This kid doesn't want to come out.  He is driving me crazy.
  • I'm still here, checking in to see if anyone else is!  Let's start some new threads!  Middle of the night sounds good, I'm definitely up for a while each night.
  • I agree, a new thread with general newborn chit-chat would be great! 

@delujm0 I basically had to beg for induction at 40+12, luckily I was ‘favourable’ by this point so had the gel applied but was already having my own contractions, they tried to refuse to break my waters as they wanted my body to do it naturally and check me the following morning however after a week of false starts and stop/start contractions, 3 sweeps and barely any sleep I felt I physically couldn’t go another night contracting so they agreed. Basically gel applied at 15.00hrs, waters broke 23.20 hrs, baby girl born at 02.46!
    Stand your ground if they try to get you to hold out longer, only you know what your body can cope with 
  • I'm still here and there. Had my baby boy a week ago, but still check in to see how everyone is doing. I like the idea of a MOTN thread since I am definitely available more than once during that time.