Special Needs

How are you doing today?

Maybe if there is a check in we can start to get some activity in here

How old is your baby

What special needs do they have

Any victories in this journey

How are you feeling

GTKY: What are some of your favorite TV shows.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: How are you doing today?

• How old is your baby 
    He is 4 months old 

What special needs do they have
    he has a bilateral sensorineural profound hearing loss

Any victories in this journey
    Getting his hearing aids to stay in.  They are such a pain but the good news is he doesn't really mess with them.  SO since he pretty much got his hearing aids 2 months earlier then what is normal hope that he doesn't mess with them as he gets older.

How are you feeling
    Ok this process has been hard and tiring.  It's always something to do appointments or therapies to go to.  You don't really get a grief period so when it does hit you it hits you hard.  I have been doing better, I try to journal my feelings and what is going on it seems to help me process everything.  There for a while I couldn't talk about it or bring it up without crying now not so much. 

GTKY: What are some of your favorite TV shows.
    I love Grey's, Survivor, Crazy ex-girlfriend, This Is Us just to name a few. 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @Dumbgurl04 I was on April 18 with you. So sorry to hear about the hearing issues. This board hasn't been very active and I am not sure if there are any Facebook support groups out there to help meet other moms, for my daughter's disability I am on a few. 
    I am assuming you're doing speech.  Are they coming to your house ( early intervention) or are you having to do insurance based therapies?
    On the grief, I am 3 years in and there are still moments where I wish some things wouldn't be so hard but the first year was the roughest. 
    How old is baby: not a baby, a toddler, 3 years. 
    What is our diagnosis: t21 non disjunction +vsd corrected with ohs at 6 months. 
    Victories: haha a ton. Proud mom moments include meeting most milestones on latter end of normal, where I was told that it probably wasn't going to be the case. And speech wise she actually does pretty well ( can sing lots of songs and says and points to 15 body parts and knows 6 colors).
    How am I feeling? 
    Excited about my daughter starting preschool.
     There are some concerns I do have about her obsessive behavior: she will ask for wheels on the bus over 100 times in one day or ask for other shows. I can't give in all the time plus I want her to learn she can't always get what she wants but it drives me insane. It's a double edge sword because I want her to communicate her needs but it's driving me insane. 
    Gtky : I liked crazy ex girlfriend but I binge watch Hulu and Netflix sometimes. 

• Loading the player...
  • @rklinge0 I do go to some support groups in my town.  I just figured the bump was a great place to connect and figured I would try and help get this board started again.  So glad to hear your DD is doing well.  

Yes we are doing speech haven't had to many sessions yet since he is still so young.  The state has a program for the first 3 years of life that pays for a lot of the services we use so that is how we are doing speech therapy at the moment. 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Sorry I haven't responded but glad you are getting early intervention. Just aged out this summer. 
    How are you holding up recently? 
  • joshwood11joshwood11 Newbie
    edited December 2022
    Hi, I need advice or tips about how we have to travel at least 10 hours from home to our new home with our newborn baby. For this I am afraid about baby. But we have to move because we found the best [apartments for sale Istanbul](https://www.primepropertyturkey.com/). If we don't move now we will miss this good opportunity. So, guide me what I should do to avoid any kind of misfortune.