December 2018 Moms

UO Thursday! 8/21

2»

Re: UO Thursday! 8/21

• @hollyyyyy :lol: It started on another thread (but I forgot which one)
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango Ahh I thought it was a Freudian slip!
  • Loading the player...
  • @runrinserepeat definitely no football either. Concussions and CTE are too scary. Hoping our kids would like non contact sports like tennis... or golf
  • We put my 18 month old in soccer :lol: What a waste of money.
    But I think H will fight DS if he doesn't golf with him. Luckily he loves his plastic clubs right now.I think he wants him to play hockey (we're in Canada). 
    The kid loves anything sports right now. I just hope kid doesn't get my <lack of> coordination or he's in serious trouble.
  • @hannelorre cross country, tennis, swimming, diving, golf, and dance are the ones we’re looking at. There are so many options that don’t involve bashing your head in. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I put him in the boppy infant lounger to watch me pre-mobility. 
    I just elevated the Boppy on the registry to "Must Have" status. Seeing the review photos (mostly happy sleeping babies) made me go "yes...we'll NEED this right away."

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango Which did you put on there? There’s a difference between the lounger and the BF pillow (My Brest Friend is the best IMHO, but I’m sure others will disagree!). The lounger is also great for tummy time!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Lounger! I'm going to Dr. Brown's Gia pillow for feeding - but not stress about it too much.

Anniversary
  • I'm a fan of the jolly jumper brand. I found it to be super sturdy and just the right size and firmness for me. My husband also loved it for bottle feeding or cuddles and he has a foot and about 175 lbs on me.
    But I think BF pillows are soo individual that others would definitely disagree and that's totally cool too! 
  • 1. Kids meals for life, mostly because my 2-year-old will eat genuinely anything (with the exclusive exceptions of her daddy's chili, lamb vindaloo, and straight pepperoncini peppers). If it weren't for rtheeasonably priced kid sized meals, i
    I'd feel compelled to share and she'd end up eating more of my food than I do. 

2. Seconding the no baby containers perspective. We also almost never used the stroller until I got too pregnant to wear her. Conveniences are not needs. 

3. My husband's a hockey nut, and my daughter loves out because she loves him, which terrifies me because I hate the thought of her playing. I'm praying she ends up with my athletic skills so she never makes a team.

4. How could anybody pick Dawson over Pacey?! I never found him super physically attractive, but he was perfect. Although honestly, Andie/Pacey over Joey/Pacey any day of the week. There's my UO.
  • @AGK2015
    If it makes you feel any better, women's hockey is really not that much of a contact sport.. and kids' hockey certainly isn't. My husband is the same and while the dream of having an NHL player is now gone, he is very excited to put our little girl on skates as soon as possible  :D 

• @ab_canada in fairness, men's hockey at the level my husband plays (D league, generously) doesn't seem to be very contact-driven either (definitely no checking). But he's still managed to break an ankle and shatter his shoulder and come home with a few concussions just because of falls and collisions in the ice, so it still makes me nervous. 

Stick to debate club or theatre or something, baby girls!
  • @AGK2015 Ouch - shoulders shouldn't shatter. I was just telling DH that I want LO to take debate, not because either one of us was involved, but because I want LO to learn how to see both sides of arguments (and to learn that argument does not equal conflict).

Anniversary
  • @runrinserepeat my husband is very into the idea of kids team sports, which I understand. He did cross country so maybe that'll work! I'm not athletic at all so
  • @hannelorre baseball, basketball, and volleyball are also pretty low-contact, if he’s really into the team aspect of it all. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • hkomhkom member
    @hannelorre I second baseball and volleyball. Lots of teamwork skills and volleyball is very physical but essentially no contact with other people!  And DO NOT let him try to tell you that it's girly! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runrinserepeat @hkom ooh good ideas thanks!  :)