Snarky and T-TTC
Options

In laws messing up BD timing.

So DH and I have been trying for a year, saw the RE and got the all good to start femara +trigger+ TI. super excited just waiting on AF to show up to start the process. my MIL/FIL asked if they could come visit (they live out of state) of course said yes and give them dates were available. Nope!! His dad buys tickets for him to stay 7 days and his step-mom and brother to stay for 3.5weeks!!!

Re: In laws messing up BD timing.

• Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited August 2018
    sarahven said:
    So DH and I have been trying for a year, saw the RE and got the all good to start femara +trigger+ TI. super excited just waiting on AF to show up to start the process. my MIL/FIL asked if they could come visit (they live out of state) of course said yes and give them dates were available. Nope!! His dad buys tickets for him to stay 7 days and his step-mom and brother to stay for 3.5weeks!!!
    Are they staying with you? If they want to, say no, or rather, your H should. "Sorry, we said we were available from x to y dates, so we won't be able to accommodate you outside those dates." And if they come anyway and stay elsewhere, well, then they entertain themselves. "Sorry, but we're busy. We'll try to have dinner with you a few times/go do x/visit y if we can. When we gave you our availablity, that was because we have other commitments and can't be available to entertain and visit with you at all times outside that."

That said, you titled this that they are messing up you having sex. How so? I've had sex in the same house as my parents and in laws before. It wasn't a big deal. 
  • Options
    I talked to my husband about it and that it upset me and he wasnt too concerned because "the tickets were already bought" I'm learning it's "normal" for them to stay for weeks... they did for our wedding as well but I assumed it was because it was out of state for them.. they do stay with us and we've bd before when they're staying. I have a small ranch house, and hes working nights for the next Month so quiet, day sex while they're awake doesnt sound romantic at all
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, you and he are just going to have to come to an agreement on whether they stay with you or not. He doesn't think it's a big deal, so you're going to have to compromise somewhere. That's what marriage is about. Ask him how he thinks sex will go. 
  • Options
    Well I say you need to continue with the bd plan ..