February 2019 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 8/24

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/ raves/ questions?

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 8/24

• 1. 16 weeks - I forgot to look what size! Didn’t pay attention. 

2. Pretty good! My face is breaking out like a 14 year old, but otherwise I’ve been doing pretty well this week. 

3. 16 week appt this afternoon. Just normal check up. 

4. Sciatic pain is a bitch. I want to start exercising again now that I have my energy back, but OUCH. I walked to daycare to pick up DD yesterday and I was hurting the rest of the night. 

5. We met at work. We both started a new job the same day and were in the same training group. A group of us started hanging out afterwards (we were out of town for the training) and went from there. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? - 16 weeks. Avocado, which is cute because DS's favorite food is "cado"

2. How are you feeling? - pretty good. I had to be on my feet a ton this morning for work, and then again this afternoon, so I'm pretty crampy. Just lots of pressure. I'm taking the next few hours to sit at my desk and rest while I eat lunch. Otherwise I'm feeling a lot better. Still tired, but not gagging as frequently which feels like a win?

3. Any appointments this week? - nope. Not again until 9/13

4. Rants/ raves/ questions? I'm super proud of myself because I feel like I've been a really good mom to DS lately. Maybe it's just in comparison to what a shitty mom I was in the first tri, but I feel awesome about my parenting skills right now lol. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We met at work! He actually volunteered for me a few times and then we ended up hiring him as a contractor. After the first work happy hour that he attended we both realized it was not a good idea for me to be his boss, so he resigned really quickly. I never believed in love at first sight, but it definitely was with him. I was so hesitant though because he's SO good at his job lol so I didn't want to lose him as an employee.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

14weeks, peach

2. How are you feeling? 

Still tired, and have some RLP. Also continuously hungry.

3. Any appointments this week?

I went in a couple of days ago because I was concerned about discharge (and I'm not crazy, I am now on a course of antibiotics) but no more appointments until routine check up on 9/4

4. Rants/ raves/ questions?

My in-laws are finally gone as of the this morning! They are lovely people but 2 weeks was like 1.5 weeks too much 

In grad school. Our departments shared an office and we would make small talk over the water cooler and one thing led to another 

• edited August 2018

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? I’m 14 weeks today. Baby is the size of a peach. According to The Bump, baby’s foot is already the size of a jelly bean.

2. How are you feeling? I’m feeling better this week, finally. The nausea still comes and goes, but it’s not as strong. I’ve had a burst of energy, too, which has been nice. 

3. Any appointments this week? No. My next appointment is 9/11. I do see the endocrinologist next week, though. 

4. Rants/ raves/ questions? I’m so glad I’m finally feeling better. DD starts school in less than two weeks and I have a lot to get done between now and then. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? I met DH on Match.com. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 16 weeks, baby is the size of an avocado. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me because where I live the only avocados we get are pretty little.

2. How are you feeling? I get bad head aches and have had some painful Braxton hicks, but other than that lots better than the first trimester.

3. Any appointments this week? I had an appointment yesterday and scheduled my 20 week ultrasound. 

4. Rants/ raves/ questions? DH got me a kitkat this week, and after being sick after eating sugar for 14 weeks, it was about the best thing that I have ever eaten.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? He picked me up at the grocery store.

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 17 weeks, pomegranate

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good other than tired and hot 

3. Any appointments this week? Monday at 9. Hopefully will be scheduling the AS at that appt

4. Rants/ raves/ questions? I cannot wait until the baby starts moving more regularly so I don’t have to constantly worry when I feel nothing 

At what turned out to be a super lame local art festival. Like they hired the high school strings section (which was three girls) to play music and not very well. We bonded over how lame it was lol.