Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/TTA w/o 8/20

edited August 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
For the person starting the thread for the week of 8/27 please use the wording from this post: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12732416/benched-tta-w-o-7-30#latest

This thread is for those who are waiting to start TTC or have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)
 ***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who are waiting to start TTC or who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________
Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q?

GTKY:What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?

Re: Benched/TTA w/o 8/20

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA?  TTA

What brings you here? Waiting until friend's wedding is over and we get back from vacation to Vegas.

How long do you think you'll be here? Mid-October

How have things been going? Pretty good.

Any R/R/CS/Q? 
    Rant: It's really hard to hide that we're getting prepared to start trying for a kid soon. Between prenatal vitamins hanging around and forgetting to throw away packaging for my basal body thermometer, to lifestyle changes (eating better, drinking less) I'm sure at least a few people are suspicious.

Rave: I just got back yesterday from a trip to the beach. I got paid to spend 6 days at the beach playing piano for a theater company. I only had to play 3 days, but they paid for my hotel for the entire week. I am going back on Thursday for one last show and the hotel this time is right on the water. 

GTKY:What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend? At home, with my family. I love to spend the day being productive and organizing and cleaning the house, and then the evening with a couple beers playing video games. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello @icecubeinthedesert I just responded to your PM. You're right. I did change the language of that thread and then realized what it resulted in while in a TTCAL thread. I have since apologized for it, although I probably should've started an entire new thread to do that, and haven't done it since. 

On another note; @lulu1180 I have no idea where else to do this. Maybe PM is better, but I have no idea.

I realize that my posting an addition in the ultimate newbie guide rubbed some people the wrong way. It's important to me that you understand that I didn't do it to challenge anyone nor have I done anything from a position of passive aggressive or wanting to be the leader here. Most of what I do stems from the complaints of long timers and newbies. It comes from wanting to help. I think that I have made my points clear on that thread so I won't go back into it here. I will start a new post to bring up topics for discussion for everyone. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake, thanks for apologizing and clarifying the change that was made.
    It seems that this has just been copy/pasted each week, so @spacemountaineer, would you mind editing the language back to the original language in the OP here? That way the thread next week will hopefully have the original language. Here's a link to that thread: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12732416/benched-tta-w-o-7-30#latest
    Thanks!

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    okiemamaof2okiemamaof2 member
    edited August 2018
    Are you benched or TTA? 

TTA, no medical reason. 

What brings you here? 

A friend of mine asked me to be in her wedding and knew I was TTC. She’s not comfortable having a 3rd trimester bridesmaid and didn’t want me to step down just to be safe so she asked that I hold off trying for a couple months.  I initially agreed but am regretting it now. Still, I told her I would so here I am.

How’s it going? 

Ok. I’m conflicted about being TTA because I’m worried my TTC time may be running out due to work issues so I’ve been overthinking about it. 

Favorite way to spend a weekend?

Camping or just relaxing with my husband and daughter. We’re usually really busy so when a free weekend arises sometimes it’s so nice to just do nothing! :):smile:

Edit bc part of the original post got deleted? 
  • Options
    ****lurking****

@spacemountaineer. Would you be able to update the title of the thread and the description as outlined above?  Thank you!!!!

As a long time benchwarmer for medical reasons that took TTC off the table involuntarily and indefinitely, TTA is not the same thing.  The benched deserve a safe place where they can feel supported.

No offence to any new posters who may be TTA.  The Board seems to be going through some growing pains at the moment. ❤
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    While I am bench, I haven't started TTGP. The BOTB equivalent, Waiting Room Wednesdays, has had to go to a monthly post as things are so dead on that board. I'm probably part of the original problem with the shift in this weekly post. For that I am sincerely sorry.

I came back to the bump before I was ready to TTGP because I needed support. I knew that there were going to be women here who knew how I felt. The desire to have a baby, but couldn't. The frustration of spending thousands of dollars to get your body ready to have a baby only to have to wait. The need to get the frustration out without bogging down friends and family. The pain of seeing another Facebook pregnancy announcement and typing congratulations even when there is not a congratulatory bone in your body. While I do not attempt to say that I even begin to understand the feelings of greif and other overwhelming emotions that come with a MC
    or infertility, I felt that we could have some common ground. I knew there were women who could relate to parts of my story.  Amazing women supported me through the difficulty I went through with my breast tumor and still do with my back problems. 

These women who come over from the BOTB are looking for support, a place to vent, and share excitement. It doesn't help that when you select the Trying to Get Pregnant Forums on TB's main page it takes you automatically to this board and doesn't give you the option of selecting a board (at least not on the mobile browser). You almost have to go searching for the BOTB board. That is another obstacle to overcome. 

I do agree that there need to be safe spaces. Maybe we could bring waiting room Wednesdays over to the TTGP with a link in the description to the BOTB board to invite new members. It's just a thought. I will gracefully bow out of the Benched/TTA board, but I really would like a place to fit on TB that gets a little more traffic. 

Edit: clarifying you can't select a board on a mobile browser.
  • Options
    @spacemountaineer I hear you and it's not your fault at all. I'm the one who did that without asking everyone if it's okay. I did it because I felt really bad for the ladies who were waiting to start who wanted to be a part of the community without considering the feelings of the ladies already in here. I'm the one who is sorry. You have nothing to apologize for <3 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI