September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 8/6

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments 8/6

• Options
    @lisac113 I was sick for almost 6 months. Finally, in early July, me and my dr came to the conclusion it was due to bad reflux. I haven't been sick since I started the medicine. It's a generic for Protonix. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @nackie yes!  You are right!!!  
    @smsaulino that is interesting.  The Zantac has been helping somewhat, so I wonder if it is reflux.   It would kinda make sense that the morning is the worse due to laying down.  It is a different kind of nausea than 1st trimester nausea, I could only tolerate soup crackers and a few other things then.  I have an appetite now.  Hmm, I wonder if I can take tums in conjunction with Zantac?  

Thanks so much for your insight!!!  I really wonder if reflux is what it is.  I might mess around with the times I take Zantac and see if that helps.  I also might email me doctor.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lisac113 - I was told it was ok to take both Tums and Zantac during my first pregnancy when I started getting bad heartburn at night. Tums can inhibit iron absorption so try to take your prenatal/iron at a different time than the Tums.

Heartburn makes me feel really nauseous sometimes so it could definitely be reflux.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    @DanyTargaryen

Perfect!!!   I am going to give this a whirl!  Thank you for all your insight ladies!
  • Options
    36 week (and 2 days) check up went well yesterday. Not dialated. But he is fully dropped. Dr could feel his head pushing when she checked my cervix. Definitely going to have a C-section (at 39weeks) though because of size and recommendation from my neurologist. He's coming soon! Ultrasound next week! 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida it wasn't as painful for me this time either, and it was the same ob. Maybe everything is just a little looser second time around!? Lol. I do kind of regret letting her do it now...I've been really crampy and having mp like discharge all day. Hopefully it's nothing for now!
  • Options
    @treeofcheem it varied for me by doctor.  Some were much more uncomfortable than others. But I never found them terribly painful 
  • Options
    I’ve never found the checks painful with any of my pregnancies. Membrane sweeps? That’s a whole different ballgame. Those are definitely uncomfortable. 
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    @Patience7150 Ugh same for me! Definitely had a piece of MP come out today. Lovely things that all in all don’t mean much for labor, unfortunately. But, it’s still too soon for LO anyway, soooooo...

Cervical checks always had me writhing in pain last time. Maybe it was because stuff was tighter down there? Or maybe just the technique of the provider? 
  • Options
    Wait. 

Im showing my FTM over here, but they need to put an entire fist in my vag to check my cervix? 

Everyrhing is so swollen and tender down there- that sounds absolutely awful. 
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail. Hooray!!!  So glad you get to go for the home birth you were hoping for!!!
  • Options
    Had my 32 week check the other day. Everything looked good after all the contractions. My OB did a cervical check because of the contractions and said the outside is dilated a little but the inside is still closed. Last week the OB I saw had me worried about getting pulled out of work soon but my OB this week didn’t even mention it thankfully 
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail that’s great news!  (About the home birth, not the painful cervical checks obviously)
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail yay for home birth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I had my 37 week hi/by appointment Tuesday. With this being a repeat C-Section due to my DD being breech we are patiently waiting for 9/7 (39 & 3) when he is scheduled to arrive. My body is telling me that he may surprise us sooner, and I'm totally okay with that. He was breech until 32 weeks & then flipped, so we are hoping we won't have to use the hip dysplasia harness like we did with DD.
    No cervical check until next week (38 week appt).