October 2018 Moms
Options

Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Aug 17)

This check-in is for October 2018 Babies who are now pooping in diapers and their sleep deprived Moms. 

1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

2) How are you feeling, Mom?

3) Rants / Raves / Questions?

4) GTKY: Favorite family vacation spot?

Re: Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Aug 17)

• Options
    Sorry for the fast reply...early work day lol
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ❤️ these updates! Glad everybody is doing well!
  • Options
    Way to go Max and Liam!  <3 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Yayy babies! Doing so amazing! And yay mommies!! Your are very strong ladie
  • Options
    So happy to see two positive updates this morning! Sending all the positive vibes to both of you and your little men!
  • Options
    Love seeing these updates and that your litte guys are doing so well!! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the positive vibes and prayers ladies! @mamabearcj I think it's a Momma thing. Like @knottieamusements said, you don't feel strong you just do what you have to for your kid. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So glad to see updates! I was thinking about you guys yesterday!
  • Options
    princessandthegator said:

Most of Liam's neighbors who got open cribbed, went home no more than a week after. 
    Now I am terrified.  I only have a week?  Maybe two?  I guess I need to ask the doctors what their expectations are.  Nobody had been giving me a date, but I also haven’t been asking because it felt too early.  

Fuck.  I got so much to do at work before I go out.  And I don’t have a pediatrician yet (Max being a preemie changed those plans too).
  • Options
    Yay for baby updates! I’m glad both of them are making great progress!
  • Options
    @knottieamusements they often won’t send home before 35+ weeks, and closer to 36 is pretty standard (here anyway, but we typically don’t do things like send babies home on O2, and I know that’s more common in America). But definitely ask for a rough estimate, let them know you know it isn’t a guarantee, but just a target so you can start planning. 
  • Options
    @jennybean80 - Thanks!  I know they will occasionally send babies home on oxygen from my hospital, but I have the impression that is uncommon.  

I have been expecting closer to 36 weeks based on the conversations I’ve had thus far.  Even that is closer than I think!
  • Options
    Love seeing these updates! So glad Max and Liam are doing well. ❤
  • Options
    So glad to hear these positive updates! Keep thinking of you guys—every day a little stronger!
  • Options
    rabtaido1214rabtaido1214 member
    edited August 2018
    I can not believe how old they are already and all the progress they’ve made! I’m sure it’s felt like an eternity for you guys. So so happy they’re doing so well.
  • Options
    So happy to hear both these October babes are doing well!  <3
  • Options
    Yay for the updates on Max and Liam!! I'm so happy for you both. You're both in my thoughts, and I'm praying they both continue to make progress. 
  • Options
    Can I add that I’m sure we’d all love to gush over their cuteness, if you want to share any pictures? :)
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama - the pictures are over on Facebook for us. ;)
  • Options
    princessandthegator said:

Most of Liam's neighbors who got open cribbed, went home no more than a week after. 
    Now I am terrified.  I only have a week?  Maybe two?  I guess I need to ask the doctors what their expectations are.  Nobody had been giving me a date, but I also haven’t been asking because it felt too early.  

Fuck.  I got so much to do at work before I go out.  And I don’t have a pediatrician yet (Max being a preemie changed those plans too).

***TRAPPED IN THE BOX***
    How much is he weighing? In our hospital they have to be 4 lbs and feeding on their own, plus they have to pass the car seat test. Don't worry I'm sure they'll give you fair warning before they send you home. 

@jennybean80 One of Liam's neighbors went home at 34 weeks a few weeks ago but he had passed all the check lists. The usually estimate due date but some babies do better than others.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Is he on a vent or CPAP?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Is he on a vent or CPAP?
    He’s off the CPAP and on high-flow.