Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Weekend 8/18-8/19

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited August 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
*This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. <b>Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the&nbsp;</b><b>conversation.&nbsp;</b>Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTO Weekend 8/18-8/19

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPKs, PCOS supplements + pnv

R/R: H and I are going to a concert tonight with some friends! I’m really hopeful that I will O in the next week or so - I don’t know that we can keep up HIO EOD once I’m back to work too. H was able to rally last night thankfully.

CS/Q: Temps are from Ava so lower than regular temps - I even added 1 degree to all of them so that the Glow app would register the temps! Yesterday’s temp is unreliable - I was drinking Thursday with friends and didn’t get much sleep that night. OPKs are getting slightly darker and Ava thinks FW starts today, but I just started using it so can’t get my hopes up too high.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, BBT, prenatals, vitamin C

R/R: Woke up this morning feeling very refreshed. Was surprised to see my temp spike this morning as it is pretty early for my cycle but I think it may be b/c I got up about an hour later than usual. I have a lot of errands to do but this rainy weather makes me want to stay in. Looking forward to my first escape room challenge tonight. 

CS/Q:none
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, OPKs, Fertility Friend, red raspberry leaf tea, HIO

R/R: Nothing to rant or rave about today.  I hope everyone enjoys the weekend! :)

CS/Q:  Nothing to see since I am not temping. 
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 EOD does get tiring! Interested to see how the Ava lines up with everything else. How long do you have to wear it overnight?

@amc772 Glad you got a good night's sleep :) Hope the escape room is fun - I've heard of them but never been!

@emeraldduchess Enjoy your weekend too!

Month/Cycle: 4/3
    CD: 25
    WAYDTGKU: PNVs, sex, tracking cycles on Ovia and Glow apps, started OPKs this month.
    Another negative OPK this morning and as impatient as I am, I'm feeling confident I haven't O'd yet. Apps think last week was FW but I'm treating now until ~CD30 as FW.
    R/R: I have today off! I feel like I work so many Saturdays now. We slept in (and had morning sex - I know we all debated this somewhat recently but it's my favorite, haha) and are going to hike and relax the rest of today.
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 have a great time at the concert! Who are you seeing?

@amc772
    raining here again too. Super jealous of your waking refreshed. I slept in today and still feel beat.

@swiftlet
    aside from morning sex, sounds like you have a great day planned! Enjoy!

Month/Cycle: 
    13/10

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: BBT/charting, opk, coq10, prenatals (actually better go take those...), green tea, hio eod, softcups

R/R: Condo work. Exhausting. I wanted to make meatballs and sauce today but no energy right now.

CS/Q: I turned my alarm off and then apparently fell back to sleep and drempt temping. I have no idea if O will be pinned or if I will have to force it. Blazing + opk a short time ago. Current timing will be -5, -3, -2 because we DTD (for fun!) unexpectedly last night. I'm pretty sure O will be late tonight/tomorrow so I'm thinking we should try to rally tonight.

Anyone having issues with Fitbit HR monitor? I've had a RHR of 66 for the last 4 days and I'm suspicious....
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 14/15

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: IUI w/ Clomid, trigger shot, and progesterone

R/R: DH bought me a cricut yesterday. A big surprise. I was thinking he’d get me one at Christmas, but here we are in July! He said I needed it more now than I will in December. I think he just trying to butter me up before the clomid side effects set in and I’m okay with that. I also started crocheting a new throw blanket this morning so that’s fun. No rants right now. 

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @dogmomma271 I hope your experience with Ava is a good one. I also put my skin temps in FF because I like their chart better. 

@Swiftlet sounds like you’re off to a good Saturday!

@prpl11butterfly I’m glad you got a very positive OPK. Yesterday morning I turned my alarm off and dreamt I was getting ready for work! I certainly was not haha! Was almost late because of it. 

Edited for spelling
  • Options
    @thegirlwhowaited_ He's a smart man! Your husband be like:

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2018
    @dogmomma271 really curious to see how Ava lines up with OPKs. 
    @amc772 Jelly about your extra hour of sleep! 
    @Swiftlet ugh! How annoying that you still haven’t had a positive OPK. Morning sex is my fave too, because I can shower after. :D 
    @prpl11butterfly hmmm 66 for 4 days. That does sound suspicious, either that or you are really relaxed consistently! 

Month/cycle: 4/3 (6 months of benching not counted)

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: PNV, PS, Coq10, BBT, OPKs

R/R: I work every weekend and it sucks because I don’t ever get a family day with DH. Praying for a slow day here at work so I can get our meal planning done for the week. 

CS/Q: nothing to stalk since I’m only on day 3 of this cycle. Although I do have a question. I did an OPK this morning. I’ve never tested with one during my period, but this one was almost as dark as the control line. And last week they were getting darker, so I thought I was approaching O. But then AF arrived, and yeah there is no mistaking that it is actually AF. Anyone else get really dark lines during AF on an OPK? I know you can get surges anywhere in your cycle, but I found it odd during this time. 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 8 /9

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: HIO, temping  OPKs, fertility tea 

R/R: wanted to go to festival early today but dh had us make three stops. Finally got there and goes the wrong way to find a parking spot. Took about 20 minutes. Started finally to walk around and then they were ready to go after 20 minutes  

CS/Q:

• Options
    Month/Cycle:  4/3

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, Supplements

R/R:  I got a peak reading on my digital OPK and either a positive or supppper close to positive cheapie OPK yesterday morning.  Today I took a cheapie this morning and it looked less positive than yesterday, but I know I haven't ovulated yet.  I have had like hardly any fertile CM, which I usually have at least some.  My other ovulation sign is usually sore nipples, which I have had a little of, but not as much as usual.  So now I'm worried that my body geared up but won't do it in time before DH leaves.  I went to acupuncture again this morning to try and give it an extra boost.

On a happy note, my boss told me to go home early on Friday because I was working hard and deserved to go.  I thought that was nice of him!

CS/Q: My temps are overall a bit higher in general than last cycle, which I think is a good sign.  Usually with acupuncture that is one of the first things I see is a slight rise in pre-O temps.  

• Options
    @dogmomma271 Wow those are a lot lower.  I guess as long as you see a shift, it shouldn't matter right?

@prpl11butterfly Yes my Fitbit has been weird with the HR monitor.  I don't think it's properly reading when I work out because it'll say like 70 and I can definitely feel it beating faster than that.

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly do you have a good home made sauce recipe you’d be willing to share or even PM?! 

@meatballs37 the joys of long and irregular cycles  :disappointed: sorry I’m no help with your OPK question, I’ve only just started them this cycle and it was nowhere near during AF

@asupernovablizzardstorm aw man, that sounds like such a bummer! All that effort and time to just have a little while at the festival? Ugh.

@sparklingdiamond how great that your boss is recognizing your hard work :) also cool that you’re recognizing consistent acupuncture changes!

@harrierwife sorry for CD1, but what an amazing attitude to have about it. I hope you’re feeling better soon.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 in spoiler bc TW loss/pregnancy
    I know you just recently had a loss, did they ever check to make sure your hcg levels went down to 0? After my loss it took close to 4 weeks. I mention this bc I got a positive OPK when I was pregnant. I’ve never used an OPK during AF so it could just be a surge but figured I’d mention my experience in case it helps :)

• Options
    @meatballs37 to add to what nmbrcrnchr has said re + OPK

I used them to monitor my HCG levels weekly after my loss. Because I had a D&E, my doc didn't do it. I was also about 4 weeks of getting positives.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly @nmbrcrnchr1

They didn’t have me in for a follow up HcG. A week after the tissue came back from pathology, they called and told me to take a pregnancy test. And if it was still positive to come in for a draw. It was negative, so I never had a post-op HcG drawn. 

Of course I plopped out TCOYF yesterday trying to see if there is a reason for a surge during AF. I didn’t really see anything that pertained to me. 

I did find a decent explanation online that most OPKs have a sensitivity of around 25. And if I’m hovering around 20 as my normal baseline, it would look pretty close to a positive throughout my cycle. And maybe my peak is higher during ovulation like say in the 70-80’s. Curious to see if that is what it is. I tested again this morning and it looks so dang close to being positive. Hopefully when/if I surge this cycle it will be darker than the control or be very apparent. 

I kind of wish I never tested during AF because now it has me worried something else is wrong with my cycles. Sigh. 

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @harrierwife I’m sorry to see you back over in WTO. 

@suzycupcake He is a smart man. He’s actually been very considerate of the clomid. He keeps asking how I’m doing. I started to have some side effects today. Hot flashes almost constantly and headaches. I also can’t seem to eat much. But he’s been bringing me fans to the rooms I’m in and Tylenol when I need it. Too bad this isn’t how attentative he is all the time!  :D 

@sparklingdiamond I hope you did manage to ovulate and hio in time before YH leaves again. FX! And what an awesome complement from your boss to let you leave early!

edited for spelling
  • Options
    @Swiftlet I wear it all night overnight, only when I'm sleeping. It needs to be on for at least 4 hours to get an accurate reading, but it also tracks your sleep so it's best to wear all night.
    @prpl11butterfly We saw Luke Bryan! :love: He's always fun to see in concert.
    @thegirlwhowaited_ I've been adding my temps from Ava to FF and Glow also, but Glow has a minimum "realistic" temp of 95 and your surface temps can be as low as 90, so I added 1 degree to all of my temps from Ava so I can still track them :lol:
    @sparklingdiamond Ugh FX that your ovaries get their act together before your DH leaves! And yes, I read that while surface temps from Ava are lower than regular BBT temps, they show the same biphasic shift. I really don't want to also have to temp with my BBT so FX it's a clear shift.
    @harrierwife Ugh sorry for CD1 and that you don't feel well.  Glad to hear that your last cycle was much more hopeful!