Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-in | wo Aug 13th

mag1cbeli3vermag1cbeli3ver member
edited August 2018 in Pregnant after IF
We have a couple of moms making their final check-ins with us this week, then it's on to the 3rd trimester for them!! Congratulations @wildrainbow, @mechelita44 , and @radmom27 !!!

How far along?
Appts this coming week?
How're you feeling this week?
Rants/Raves:
GTKY: Since school is getting ready to start/has started around the country, what did you like the most (or least!) about back-to-school when you were younger?

Mommies to be:

@wildrainbow 11/11 BOY! moving to 3rd trimester!

@mechelita44 11/15 GREEN! moving to 3rd trimester!

@radmom27 11/16 BOY! moving to 3rd trimester!

@josiepasta 11/27 TWIN BOYS!! 

@eabrahamson 11/28 BOY!

@mag1cbeli3ver 12/1 BOY!

@joslynj11 12/1 GIRL/BOY TWINS! 

@prudence9-2 12/6 BOY!

@Ilky 12/12 BOY!

@decemberdoll27 12/15 BOY!

@artemis618 12/21 GIRL! 

@tosh24 1/7

@mayflower513 2/4

@LynnNJ 2/4 BOY!

@darkstar42 2/13 BOY!

Please, also let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here! ❤❤❤

Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
Started IF Feb. 2014
PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
IUI March 2015, BFN
IUI June 2015, BFN
IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in | wo Aug 13th

• I can't believe this is my last check-in here. 

How far along? 27+1

Appts this coming week? Nope, next week is GTT

How're you feeling this week? I'm still really crampy and not sleeping the greatest.

Rants/Raves: Baby sat transverse in my ribs yesterday and it was pretty miserable. Luckily he has since moved down and I can breathe again.

GTKY: Since school is getting ready to start/has started around the country, what did you like the most (or least!) about back-to-school when you were younger? I loved buying my supplies. I liked picking out my binders and color coding things per subject. I might have been a bit of a nerd, lol. 
  • How far along? Appts this coming week? 15 weeks, just acupuncture today.

How're you feeling this week? I'm feeling okay physically.  I felt a lot of movement yesterday but not as much today.  I am just so anxious.  I can't shake the anxiety that something is going to happen and I don't know how to stop it!  I wasn't this bad the first time around.  Then I get even more anxious that my anxiety means something IS wrong.

Rants/Raves: Just the anxiety thing.  I don't know how to get a grip on it.

GTKY: Since school is getting ready to start/has started around the country, what did you like the most (or least!) about back-to-school when you were younger?  Clothes shopping!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • @wildrainbow GL with your GTT next week - hope your numbers look great! And I'm right there with ya on color-coding school supplies by subject!

@mayflower513 Have you had other acupuncture appointments during pregnancy yet? How did you feel after- are they helpful? I'm sorry you're struggling with anxiety. It is tough to be optimistic that things are actually going okay in there, especially with all we've been through. I don't really have any advice b/c it's still there for me too, just wanted to let you know that we're here whenever you need to vent or want some reassurance! Stay tough!

How far along? 24 weeks 2 days

Appts this coming week? Nope. Still a couple more weeks til my Glucose screening test.

How're you feeling this week? Physically and mentally pretty good (for once)! My back pain from last week seems to be gone, and I haven't had legs cramps in several days. the biggest thing is still just trouble sleeping. I can't really get comfortable, with or without the pregnancy pillow, and I'm tossing and turning all night b/c my hips hurt.

Rants/Raves:
    After I felt the baby kick for the first time last week, I was able to get DH to feel him on Saturday! I ate some ice cream and then laid down (I was trying to get baby bean to kick) and he obliged! I called DH over and he got to feel the last kick in a series of 4 or 5. It really was the most surreal thing!

GTKY: Since school is getting ready to start/has started around the country, what did you like the most (or least!) about back-to-school when you were younger?
    Yep, definitely loved everything about back-to-school! School was always my happy place (which is probably why I'm a teacher!). I love school supplies - especially fun writing things like cool pens and highlighters! And my favorite was always picking out my backpack and then loading it with all of my new supplies (weeks before actually going back)!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• @Mayflower513 hang in there. Anxiety is a problem for all of us. Do you have a doppler? Also movement this early on is inconsistent, baby might've just changed position and you don't feel the movement at the moment. I'm 22 weeks and baby still manages to turn somehow and I can't feel a thing even though I can hear him moving with the Doppler. 

How far along? 22w 2d
    Appts this coming week? Nope
    How're you feeling this week? I am ok, zantac is no longer helping with my heartburn but I am managing. I had to sleep in a recline position on my couch for one night though, it was not cool. And I eat Tums like candy now days...
    Rants/Raves: nobody told me that putting socks on will be such a task!
     Since school is getting ready to start/has started around the country, what did you like the most (or least!) about back-to-school when you were younger? I loved going back to school! Supplies and new clothes shopping for sure! And excitement about hanging out with school friends again!
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited August 2018
    Thank you @mag1cbeli3ver and @DecemberDoll27.  I have been getting acupuncture since before IVF and I don't necessarily feel different after sessions but I had success on my first IVF and my SCHs cleared up pretty quickly with it, so I keep going.  I may stop soon unless she has some magic that helps my anxiety lessen.

Trigger Warning

I do have a doppler and it does help.  I don't expect to feel movements all the time... it's not lack thereof that necessarily even has me anxious... I am seriously just worried about everything that could possibly happen.  I worry I have an infection that'll put me into preterm labor... or that I'll catch listeria...Or that I'll go to my anatomy exam and they will find something that's wrong.  It's literally anything and everything.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @mayflower513 I am the same way and I always find something that I worry about. What helps is my mom telling me to stop borrowing trouble! It has not happen to you yet so don't worry. (Easier said than done) odds are hugely in our favor at this point! Hang in there, friend! We are all here for you
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @mayflower513 I'm a loss mom and this is my 7th pregnancy. Something that has helped me with anxiety is repeating this mantra, " Today I am pregnant and I love my baby." It helps me focus on the here and now and curbs the what if thoughts. Truthfully, I can tell you that half the stuff we fret over will never happen. It just sucks we've seen the dark side of this process. Hugs hun. We are here for you.
  • @mag1cbeli3ver I'll be 14 weeks on Wednesday, so if you don't mind me sneaking in a couple of days early, please add me to the second tri list! Thanks! EDD is 2/13 and having a boy.
    @mayflower513 Sorry the anxiety has been so intense. Do you see a mental health provider of some kind? I've found my therapist to be incredibly helpful both in coping with IF and in dealing with all my anxieties around pregnancy.

How far along? 13w5d

Appts this coming week? Nothing this week other than acupuncture. Next prenatal is 8/24.

How're you feeling this week? Pretty good! My nausea is almost completely gone. I've been having intermittent SI joint pain though, and that hasn't been fun. Makes it hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in. I'll be seeing a physical therapist who specializes in pregnancy issues later this month, so hopefully she can help!

Rants/Raves: I feel like summer has flown by, and I can't believe I have to be back in the classroom (I'm a college professor) in less than a month! I am definitely looking forward to fall weather though. We've had a lot of heat/humidity lately that has been miserable.

GTKY: Since school is getting ready to start/has started around the country, what did you like the most (or least!) about back-to-school when you were younger? I always loved shopping for new supplies and clothes!

edited August 2018
    @DecemberDoll27 @wildrainbow @darkstar42  thank you ladies.  I don’t see any mental health doctors... I should, anxiety is always a problem it’s just been a lot worse lately.  My acupuncturist did some moxabustion and heated points that help to handle emotions and dealing with the unknown so hopefully that helps.  I felt odd when she finished, I got exhausted and kind of felt out of body, not something I normally experience during acupuncture.

and welcome @darkstar42!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 yeah, the days without much movement as tough and I totally get your anxiety!!! I'm 23w and I still get nervous when baby is not as active... (like today!)

@mag1cbeli3ver I have been doing weekly acupuncture for the last 2 years. I find it very helpful. Just make sure that you go to an acupuncturist that knows what points to avoid during pregnancy. 

How far along?
    23w 4d
    Appts this coming week?
    Nothing until the end of the month
    Feeling good. But sleep is a pain
    Rants/Raves:
    Nothing much... 
    It has been sooooo long ago.... but I used to enjoy choosing new supplies.. 
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• Congrats to all the mama's who are on their way to the 3rd tri! You are one step closer :)

How far along? 24+4
    Appts this coming week?I have a MFM scan this week, I'll have them once a month but this one I'm having an echo to look at baby boy's heart a little closer since his cord is missing a artery 
    How're you feeling this week? Overall pretty good, just getting a little harder to get around
    Rants/Raves: We went to my family's reunion this past weekend and my Aunt was so nice and went maternity shopping for me. She got me so much nice stuff, I feel like its a nice break from the uniform of clothes I have been wearing to work up to now haha
    GTKY: Since school is getting ready to start/has started around the country, what did you like the most (or least!) about back-to-school when you were younger? I think it was the clothes shopping. That was always fun
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• IlkyIlky member
    Hello lovelies!

How far along? 22w5d
    Appts this coming week? None
    How're you feeling this week? I feel crap. I cant sleep from the pain of my hips. They hurt so much. I try sleeping on my back (elevated) and that hurts my upper back. I am just miserable every night. Other than that, I'm great. I feel him roll around and push on my belly. It's uncomfortable and maybe a little painful but I hope its just normal. My husband is so delicate when he is touching my belly to feel him and thinks that I bother the baby by touching and playing with him. lol
    Rants/Raves: Seriously, this sleep thing is killing me  :s . I'm starting hypnobabies on Thursday so I am very excited. 

• @darkstar42 Welcome to the 2nd trimester!! I'm a college instructor as well, and I can't wait for the fall semester to start! It's weird to be planning my tracking calendar and such knowing that I'm not going to make it the entire semester (I'm due 12/1). I don't know how I feel about handing my kids off to someone else for the last 3 weeks... What do you teach?

@Ilky I'm sorry you're still in so much pain when trying to sleep! I wish I had some magic method to make it go away. My DH acts the same way when I'm poking and rubbing my belly. When I had him feel the first kick, i had to hold his hand with some decent pressure b/c he would just lightly rest his hand there (which isn't gonna work, darling, b/c of that dang anterior placenta)! Once he felt baby kick, he immediately pulled his hand away b/c he didn't want to smoosh the baby! lol!

@Joslynj11 GL with the echo this week - I hope all is well with your LO's heart!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• @Ilky Have you tried a chiropractor? I had terrible hip pain with my ds and the chiro helped me so much. Like I cried because it was like night and day. It may be something you want to look in to as sleep only gets worse from here. I hope it gets better soon. I have also found some stretches help too. 
  • @mag1cbeli3ver I teach psychology, how about you? I’m due right at the beginning of spring semester, so I’m taking the whole semester off. Working with my colleagues and chair to try to figure out how to redistribute my classes.
  • IlkyIlky member
    @mag1cbeli3ver lol your hubby is totally like mine.  :dizzy:

@wildrainbow I've been to a highly recommended one two times and she is specialized in pregnant women but no it didnt help. I do yoga and stretches that were recommended but they didnt help either. She recommended maybe I should see a pelvic floor therapist, which I need to call and make an appointment. My naturopath (who was a midwife earlier in her life) says its all normal as my hips are stretching and it will go away. Ugh!
  • I have been so terrible about posting.  I think I still have some IF fear and worry that by talking about my pregnancy that something bad will happen.  Every week does get a little bit better.

How far along? 26 weeks 5 days
    Appts this coming week? No OB appointments but I failed my one hour glucose test and have my 3 hour test this Friday.
    Short of breath.  I think I may be starting to waddle.
    Rants/Raves:
    Back to school shopping!  There's nothing better than a fresh set of pencils!!
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • @radmom27 So good to hear from you!! GL Friday with the 3 hour test. I hear that one is much easier to pass, just a pain to sit there for so long. I think I've start the waddling as well!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• @radmom27 good to see you here! Good luck on Friday!

It’s been exactly 13 weeks since I was diagnosed with GD at 10w 6d... 
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.

• @radmom27
    I had to do the 3 hour test too but I passed that. My doctor says about 1/3 of people who take the 1 hr screening will fail the 1 hr screening....but most of those people will go on to pass the 3 hr. Bring some books and your phone or ipad to keep yourself entertained. I ended up just browsing baby stuff on amazon. The 3 hr drink is usually different too; I think it's alot sweeter. I think mine was a lemon-lime flavor. It was like drinking sprite syrup.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @darkstar42 I teach math! I usually only teach one section each semester bc I also running our math tutoring center on campus.

In honor of Hump Day Bump Day, I was looking through the bumps pictures I've been having DH take every week since week 10. It's really amazing to see the change in pictures! (I never feel like it's actually growing that much IRL). I thought I'd share a couple. The first is from week 14- my first week in 2nd trimester. And the second is from this past Saturday, week 24! And I'd love to see some other bumps if anyone is comfortable sharing!!

Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Random/maybe TMI question...

does anyone have like neon green discharge?  I’m thinking It may be from my prenatal but not totally sure if that can happen.  I have no itching or odor or anything just the weird color.

and, for those with a Doppler, where are you finding the HB?  I’m 16 weeks next week and it’s still like at or an inch above pelvic bone.  Normal?

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 I don't know about discharge but Doppler question I can handle. Totally normal that you still find the HB that low. I am 23 weeks tomorrow and some days his HB is still at my pubic bone. It all depends on the LO's position. If you get your bladder full it will rise higher. Some babies just like staying low
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • Thank you @DecemberDoll27 :)

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 Re:doppler, the first few weeks I used it (19-21) baby bean was low and the heart beat was just above my oicob bone. Since then, it's been about half way between my navel and pubic bone, so still kinda low. I think itsi normal for some, like @DecemberDoll27 mentioned.

As for the discharge, I'm not sure. Mine has always been clear or white, but it could be similar to other mucous that changes color sometimes. I would mention it to your OB when you can.
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Hey ladies- I’ll be joining you next week but I saw a lot of you have Doppler’s. We tried ours Thursday and found the HB eventually tho it sounded pretty light since I think baby is still deep in there. We tried last night and this morning since my mom wanted to hear it. I know sometimes you won’t find it but of course I am worried. I am 13+3 and spent 20 mins each time looking for it...
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 it took me about 15 min that early on to find the HB. Also make sure you are using US gel to amplify the sounds inside and cut off the outside noise. And the most importantly do not freak yourself out! After a week or so you will get familiar with the sounds and locations and it will become very easy. Just please try not to stress. I could not find the HB once so I went into panic mode. If that happens go drink a glass of water and walk around for 15 min, then try again. Also, try pointing the probe downwards when you are looking for HB, because at 13-14 weeks baby is probably still chilling in your pelvis
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited August 2018
    @jamieh2000 what DecemberDoll said! I also found sometimes filling or emptying my bladder made a difference -- if you're having issues finding it when your bladder is full, try emptying it and laying down again. Sometimes things just need to get shifted around. You may have to press a bit downwards as well rather than just sliding the probe across the skin -- not hard, of course, but a little pressure can help. I had trouble finding it from time to time at the stage you're at as well -- it gets much easier as you get closer to 20 weeks and then after you "pop" and the uterus rises out of the pelvis. 

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

edited August 2018
    Thank you @mag1cbeli3ver.  I have an appt Tuesday and will bring it up.

@JamieH2000 if you’ve never used a Doppler before it’ll def take you some time to get used to it.  If you hear the placenta (wooshing), baby should be close by.  He could also be behind it or other things making it hard to find.

id go have a snack before trying again.  

Edited for a typo.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Thanks ladies! I did try it with a fuller bladder and then an empty bladder too. I think with the retroverted uterus baby is just really deep in there. It would be really low odds that something would have happened in the last 24 hours I hope. I kinda just want to find it and then not try the Doppler again for a while! 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 so glad you were able to find the heartbeat so quickly today! That will happen - sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it will take awhile. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! And so excited to have you join our check-ins tomorrow!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• @jamieh2000 so glad to hear you were able to find it easily today!! I tried to limit myself to once or twice a week on the doppler...didn't always follow my rules though...
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Am I the only one that doesn’t have a doppler?  :open_mouth:   :D

• Welcome to the 2nd tri @JamieH2000! So excited to be on the same board as you for the next few weeks and so happy for you to make it to this milestone! 
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• You ladies are so sweet and so kind!! So happy to be joining second tri and glad I can overlap with some of you for a couple weeks! 
    @prudence9-2 the Doppler is a double edged sword, probably best you don’t get one at this point ;)
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 that’s why I didn’t get it. First I was afraid it will take me time to find HB and I’ll be worried. And second, didn’t want another thing to obsess about.  ;)

• IlkyIlky member
    @mayflower513 I just saw your question re: green discharge. I had 2 times about a week or so ago. TMI but it looked like a bugger (yuck)! I know I dont have a yeast infection so the only thing that makes sense is that your lady parts clean itself to ensure no bacteria reaches the baby and that somehow create a weird colored goo? Not sure though.