March 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 8/13-8/19

2»

Re: Randoms 8/13-8/19

• Options
    @meggyme & @lovesclimbing thanks for the commiseration ladies, I had forgotten how miserable pregnancy colds are! DS brought it home and is already over it. I on the other hand can’t breath.  :'(
  • Options
    @purpleteacher82 enjoy it!!! We started back last week and I’m so thankful I was well rested for this week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well I told the father today via text unfortunately and it didn't go great. I'm hoping he's just in shock and he will call me later this evening.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 - big hugs, lady. I really do hope he’s just surprised and will come around once he’s had time to absorb the news. :heart:
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 I’m sorry he didn’t receive the news well. I hope he will come around. I’m sure that was very difficult to do. Keep your head up girl.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @catlady2015 @meggyme thanks for your support. This is so hard. I'm having major anxiety and depression today.  I feel like I'm the worst person in the world and so lonely.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 try giving him a call! tone is so easily misconstrued via text. what's done is done, but moving forward, you guys are going to be parents now - together or not! the sooner you can really communicate with one another, the easier it will be when baby arrives! you got this!!! i'm sorry it didn't go well. you have plenty of time to really, actually talk things through. try not to be too hard on yourself. you're creating a little life - the most amazing thing in the world! <3 sending hugs! 
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 I'm so sorry you were disappointed with the reaction. I agree a phone call might help. Too much interpretation over text. I hope you get more clarity today.

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 I’m sorry. From what you’ve told us about your situation, that does NOT make you a bad person. I hope the father comes around, but if not, you don’t need him. Creepy internet hugs!

SaveSave
  • Options
    Shared the news with our last set of parents yesterday on FIL's birthday. They are very excited and have apparently been biting their tongues pretty hard to not ask us about when we were going to start having kids!
  • Options
    My random: I hope I haven't been causing any anxiety with anyone here with some of my more serious/depressing replies about my unfortunate birth history. I have all new doctors now because of a move and have to retell my story to all of them. That and because of vivid pregnancy dreams I get to relive my nightmares and it sucks. I am actually quite guarded with my history IRL because I don't want to get into it with just anybody. It helps to get it out here and I apologize for being a Debbie downer.
  • Options
    @Lbloom I don't think you have anything to worry about, we're all here to share out anxieties and you have a very real one that unfortunately came true. I would just put a trigger warning so anyone that isn't able to handle talk of pregnancy loss can skip over it if needed. I'm sorry you're having nightmares about it and having to keep reliving it.
  • Options
    @Lbloom We are all here to support each other and sharing and listening to each other's experiences is a big part of that. Thank you for your openness and willingness to share your personal stories with us! I'm sorry you're having those nightmares.
  • Options
    I'm 9 weeks and I feel like my uterus is just barely under my pelvis. Just in the last 2-3 days I've had to start unbuttoning my jeans at work and I'm on the last useable belt hole. I don't know how I'm going to make it another 3 weeks before I tell anyone at work at this rate.
  • Options
    @meggyme I think I’m with you but because this is my first I have no idea what it feels like to have your uterus literally move out from under the pelvis.... still can’t figure out if I’m rocking bloat or bump.... it’s driving me nuts!!! i am 11 weeks and 1 day. 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog it will feel like a firm muscle, where before it might have had a little more give, like organs in fluid. If I stand with my abs relaxed the area about 4-5 inches below my belly button is firm. Essentially right where the waistband of my jeans fall. You might even be able to feel the difference between where your uterus is and the rest of your abdomen starts if you feel a change between firm and more squishy as you move upward. Eventually they will measure this with a tape measure at your appointments, it's called your fundus. I think it's how they measure baby's growth.
  • Options
    @meggyme wow thanks thats so informative! my only thing is when i'm super bloated my whole entire belly feels really firm :( so everything is pretty firm and pretty bloated right now LOL - but based on Monday's appointment everything is looking good so I'm riding the wave of bloaty firmness!!! 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit awwwww that is so sweet! i actually had a waitress at our pool congratulate me yesterday - at least your kid is a kid... my 22 year old brother seems to be very overly excited and he, too, is blabbing to virtual strangers - LOL!!! too funny. for a while my bloat would come on gradually - i'd be flatter in the morning and by nighttime look pregnant... now i feel i look pregnant even when i wake up! granted, i never really had a flat stomach to begin with so it's tough to tell and fun to analyze! 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog Yeah, I am pretty sure I am the only person that can tell it’s a baby. To the rest of the world I look like I ate two burritos for lunch.

That’s really sweet that your brother is so excited. I was an aunty for 10 years before I became a mom, and being the cool aunt/uncle is the best! 
  • Options
    @meggyme omg SO uncomfortable to suck in. There's no way! I just don't do it anymore LOL. And I'm so with you @maggiemadeit! My husband's sister's girls are 20, 7, and 4 year old twins. We are actually taking the 7 year old and the twins this weekend from tonight until sunday (pray for me!!!) - being the cool auntie is a blast.... it never gets old! 
  • Options
    DS is totally refusing to nap today and it is making us both very cranky! 
  • Options
    Oof, @coffeeandcupcakes I feel your pain!  My youngest is almost 3 but clearly still needs the nap he is now consistently refusing to take. 

My random: two nights ago, we went out to a great restaurant and I had the greatest pan-seared chicken dish I’ve ever tasted. Then as we were walking out to the car I suddenly barfed it all up in front of the kids, completely peeing my pants in the process.  We still haven’t told them I’m pregnant since we just moved and they’re about to start at a new school, etc, etc. so I had to make something up about having eaten too much and then accidentally gagging when I coughed. This isn’t their first rodeo ( for my oldest three, at least) and I don’t think they bought it. 
    We’ll tell them after my scan on the 28th, provided that all is well. 
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    @mill1020 That's awful, I'm so sorry! Peeing while puking is a new delight for me in my second pregnancy. I've never noticed significant pelvic floor weakness since having my first, but MS seems to bring it out. 

I introed but haven't been very consistent posting here. I had a very complicated first pregnancy so I'm trying to manage my anxiety but after a good 8 week scan I'm trying to be more accountable!
  • Options
    Graduated from the RE two weeks ago. First appointment with my OB (at a new practice) is this morning. *TW* between going somewhere new and with my loss history I am just so nervous!! Just needed to talk about it somewhere. 
  • Options
    Apparently walking is hard. Yesterday, I stepped down off a step and rolled my ankle and fell. Spent last night in the ER in excruciating pain but luckily its just a bad sprain. So crutches it is for me. This morning, my 5yo is delightful and helpful. My 2yo is more demanding than ever. I don't have the time or patience for resting a hurt leg! Wish me luck.

• Options
    @shrub oh no! Hopefully it will heal quickly so you don't have to be on crutches for long.
  • Options
    @shrub happy healing!  That sounds like no fun at all!

I just got back from my appointment to draw blood for my NIPT and they told me I have a UTI.  UGH.
  • Options
    @shrub I’m so sorry! Something similar happened to me at 8 months in my first pregnancy (sprained knee). Pregnant on crutches is the WORST! I hope you heal quickly! 

@dtspmama My midwife told me that they check for UTI at every appointment because they are so common during pregnancy and can be almost without symptoms. I hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    @char245 thinking of you! I’m sure the appointment with the ob will go smoothly!

@shrub fx for quick healing! Ankle injuries are the pits!
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit that’s what I always thought re: testing for UTIs but I haven’t been asked for a urine sample at any of my appointments (besides the very first one where they put a pregnancy test in and told me I wasn’t pregnant (dum dums!)), and I have been there three times in the last month for various BS.

I know I sound like a broken record but I can’t wait to switch doctors. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    I’ll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I think it’s because I’m a STM, but I really popped this week. There is no use hiding it anymore. 
  • Options
    @swanbrooner 11 weeks here too I still haven’t told my boss but I need too SOON! We had an ultrasound at 9 weeks that was great but I just need my mind at ease before I tell co workers so I’m waiting until after my appointment Wednesday. I wore my maternity pants today and it was glorious! 

@shrub ughhh! That sounds terrible esp with a toddler on top of it! Here’s to quick healing! 

• Options
    @ashley14598 Same! 11 weeks, haven't told my manager, waiting for confirmation at my appointment next week that everything is ok. My last appointment was at 7 weeks, which just feels so long ago!
  • Options
    I’m 11 weeks tomorrow - I told my boss right away bc I will have a ton of appointments this time around and she went through fertility issues to have her kiddos so I knew she’d understand. Depending how my appointment goes on the 28th for our 12 week scan I’ll tell my coworkers the next day. We plan on telling my husbands mom on his birthday when is the day after our scan. We know she’ll be excited. We’re more worried about telling my dad who likes to push walking and eating right whenever the pregnancy topic gets brought up and I quite frankly don’t want to hear it. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker